1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 12/2/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2013.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Harden also let Burks & Burke score 21 each…He also let Favours go 14p-13r.

Harden also let Brooks take that crazy contested shot in the final seconds.

Harden also stopped going to Dwight in the second half.

Harden should be traded for Carmelo Antnony & Shumpert, at least they're winning in New York.

Trade Dwight too, bring back Dalembert or keep Asik. His reverse lay-ups are always money!

I think we all need to put some ice packs on our knees right now. I know that losing to the Jazz is worse than seeing your mom in the shower, but this team will grow (hopefully) and once we are healthy again & coach figures out how to use Dwight Howard properly (hint…PICK & ROLL, PICK & ROLL, PICK & ROLL, PICK & ROLL, Post-Up. PICK & ROLL, PICK & ROLL, PICK & ROLL, PICK & ROLL and then Post-up) then we will be a true contender.

For now, once again enjoy the memories from 20 years ago.

[​IMG]

2. nono

nono Member

You are focusing on what we missed and not the fact that we were facing a team completely void of any elite talent. Our "superstars" should be able to will this team to victory overage a lottery team no matter what we're missing. Does anyone in the league give the Knicks a break for missing Tyson Chandler and having a crock Amar'e ? No. Their superstar Melo is still expected to pull a win and that is why he is mocked so much day in day out.

Their is no way to look at this other than a very terrible loss.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

5 points does not exclude the numerous possessions he threw away going ISO.

I asked how they were getting their points, they were not out there dominating their man. Casspi was actually. The assumption here is that they scored and they did so while actually being a threat.

Brooks had a spark here and there, but his ISO Iverson mode at the end of the game ruined any good he did.

4. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

It makes the Rockets wildly inconsistent and unlikely to be among the last teams standing in June 2014.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Eff. Blazers looking legit.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Bro, it's who we lost to that makes this loss so bad.

7. N/A

N/A Member

So did Harden play any defense at all or was it non-existent as usual?

8. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Long way to go, but this team will not be competing for a championship so long as it is giving up 103 points per game...

9. Drphil

Drphil Member

It's always the same s*it. I ain't blaming it on Harden, but I hate it when a player scores 30+ points game (including Lin) = the reason why we were still in the game.

He also had double the attempts of our 2nd most FGA player tonight. It all pans out. His FG% was average on the team tonight minus Bev (typical night) and Jones.

Casspi with the limited minutes he got, put in twice the amount of effort tonight. He had an extremely efficient night.

10. torontoman

torontoman Member

Because I am Israeli(-Canadian) and following Casspi closely I can tell you JH gave Omri only one (successful) pass I can remember in 2nd half - for a pressure three Omri front rimmed.

When I look in the box score I see Brooks was 5-12 and Omri 5-8. Too much driving by Brooks and he is not steady. Dude driving to rim like he is Tony Parker.
    There is no drive and kick in this team.Garcia & Casspi should have attempted 4 more 3s between them.

11. bws

bws Member

Their coach had a plan and they executed. Maybe overexecuted. And what about that crazy stretch in the 4th with what 3 offensive boards after running down the clock?

Who is the coach. I'm not familiar with him. He seems to do a pretty decent job with what he has.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Hre was our best defender in the last quarter.

That was sort of the problem, he's a decent defender when he puts in the effort, but that's hardly ideal.

13. N/A

N/A Member

They only look like a 2nd round team at best so far - and that's only if they avoid teams like the Clippers or OKC in the first round. This D just isn't cutting it.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Look at it this way...San Antonio lost to a team who just lost to the Jazz.

BWAH HAH HAH HAH!!!!

Feel better?

15. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

And it would force Harden on Hayward.

It's becoming quite obvious opposition coaches are scheming to get their shooters to be defended by Harden, either in terms of substitution or in-game.

I've seen games when teams PnR using the PG and SG, and try to force Lin/Harden to switch so they get a favorable match-up with their PG against Harden. Much like we did last year with the Lin/Harden PnR to get Harden a mismatch, except now it is to get a go against Harden.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

you can point to Harden's stats all you want, but what I see when Harden is on the floor:

On Defense: a noticable increase in blowbys and missed rotations leading to layups and offensive rebounds

On Offense: no easy shots, no ball movement, an increase in turnovers leading to easy opponent points in transition

17. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

I agree. McHale says the right things about defense, but it doesn't show up on the court on any kind of a consistent basis. Whether it's a coaching or personnel matter, it needs to be fixed if the Rockets are going to be a title contender.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn.....to the Jazz?

Well, that's why there's 82 games.

19. N/A

N/A Member

the problem with that is your scoring is pretty much negated by your lack of D. What's the point of scoring 30+ if you give up the same? You may as well score 0 and make them score 0. Giving up 1 point for every 2 a team scores is the key to success.

20. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

Agreed.

PnR, McHale! For the love of God!!