1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 12/2/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Drphil

Drphil Member

So if the Spurs are the best team in the west, and we beat a well rested Spurs team at their home turf, and then lose to the Jazz the next night, does that make the Jazz the best team in the Western conference now?

2. torocan

torocan Member

Huh?

Casspi - 5/8
    Garcia - 5/10
    Howard - 7/12
    Beverley - 3/10
    Brooks - 5/12
    Harden - 12/22

Tjones - 1/5
    Asik - 1/4

That's pretty far from Nobody.

Rockets - 40/83 FGA, 48.2%, 18 assists, 40 reb
    Jazz - 43/79, FGA 54.4%, 20 assists, 39 reb

Harden season FGA average - 15.6 FGA/game
    Team assist average - 21 apg
    Team FG% average - 48.9%

Not enough passing, not enough defense, not enough pushing the pace.

3. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I want so bad to have a "We Should Have Kept Martin" thread going. But I would have to make another account and I live under the Homer motto "Can't someone else do it." Come on disgruntled Harden hating fans. Lets see if we can make heads explode.

4. chandlerbang21

Dwight invisible tonight smh

5. yummyhawtsauce

Rofl your comparison is really accurate.

6. chandlerbang21

He has the worst 3pt percentage on the team btw

7. Remii

Remii Member

What does getting rebounds and blocking shots has to do with using him. Are being able to do something offensively besides dunk... People keep making excuses for this dude.. He's more Clark Kent than he is Superman...

8. torontoman

torontoman Member

People keep telling me Howard took Orlando to finals.KG's bad knee was a bigger factor in Dwight getting a chance to lose to Kobe and Pau than anything he actually did.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's the difference between playoff teams and championship teams. The latter have way fewer of these kinds of losses. We've shown we can win against the top teams in the West on their home floor(Spurs, Blazers). Now we need to learn how to take care of business against the teams we're supposed to beat(yes, even when short-handed).

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How were they getting their points then if Harden was supposedly killing the offense?

11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

that's exactly right. the coach knew that if he played two point guards against our weak perimeter D, it would force brooks to play instead of garcia, producing a bigger mismatch.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

LOL I fell your pain. Howard has to do better than that. Like Shaq , Barkley and Kenny said dude should be demanding the ball in the post. He should be dominating in every game on both ends. But he allows the refs to get the best of him instead of fighting through those BS calls.

13. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

There's no excuse for letting the Jazz score 36 pts in the first quarter. It's just unreal.

Portland and Indiana in a very close game. Starting the 4th now.

14. quatin

quatin Member

Brooks made 5 of his 12 shots in the last half of the game, plus a pair of FTs. Where's your proof that he wasn't?

YOU said no one was making shots. Garcia and Casspi were making shots. What argument are you trying to make again?

15. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

You cannot pin this on Harden. You can't. Even if you look at his miserable defense throughout the game, his scoring kept us in the game up until those last two minutes.

We didn't get rebounds late and, as much as I want to love AB, he had some bad plays down the stretch. Harden knocked a three down with a man in his eye in the last couple minutes, that means he is ready to take over. We should have exploited his hot hand, but we failed to do so.

I don't like to blame McHale too much, because I don't want to partake in the hate/love relationship this board is in with the coach, but he made mistakes, no doubt about it. AB and Harden shouldn't be in at the same time. I understand you need scoring off the bench, but that was truly terrible defense. Garcia is better than the two on defense and can do his thing on offense. Oh and if the Harden-Howard PnR is working, YOU STICK WITH IT. Harden-Howard PnR could honestly go down as one of the best of all time, so we should be exploiting that. When we have no other real offensive talent on the floor, (barring the inconsistent greatness of TJones, Garcia, Brooks, Cassippi, etc) you take your two all-star players and you make plays centered around them two. PnR with them, if Harden gets shut off and the pass to Dwight isn't there then kick it out to whomever is open. To stop that PnR, you have to devote an additional defender and if your'e doing that, somebody is open.

Additionally, T Jones needs to play better. I realize he was just thrusted into the starting 5 and he started with such great ferocity that the expectations has been unfair to him, but we still depend on him and we need for him to show up bigger than he did tonight. He has talent, he just need to learn how to channel it night in and night out.

Obviously Harden's defense was horrid on Hayward and that was a major contributor. Harden just needs to learn to not be so lazy on defense. HOWEVER, for those of you who actually play basketball, you will very well know that playing perimeter defense is extremely tiring and is very energy-consuming. He wouldn't have gone off for 37 had he played harder on defense so it's bit of a give and take. I'm not asking that he goes "rookie Chandler Parsons on Kobe" defense, but some effort would be nice that is not at the expense of his offensive mastery.

At the end of it all, one has to realize we missed 30 ppg, 9 apg, 8 rbg in Lin + Parsons (which is basically what Lebron averages, that's insane lol) and that hurt us. Harden played 43 minutes for us and he knew as well as anyone did that he had to takeover offensively, because if he didn't no one else would, and that's exactly what he did. Only problem was that no attention was paid to defense. For Harden to become the best SG in the league (if you count Paul George as a SG then George is the best sorry) he needs to learn that balance between the ends of the floor. Tonight was unfair because we missed so much of our lineup, but had we gotten a better performance from atleast Jones, Brooks, Beverly, or even Howard to a certain extent, we could have won this game.

Heartbreaking loss for a Red Hot team, but always remember even the Bobcats almost beat Miami.

16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

not necessarily. hayward was torching parsons the first time we played. though he indeed would have helped.

17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

**** happens its a long season,we move on. Simple.

18. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

:(

Everyone is behaving like they're bipolar

The team lost

The team will lose other games too

However, the team will win again

It's not like the season ended tonight

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is not intended to make excuses for anybody's performance(s), but does anybody else ever feel like some of our players' health issues are worse than the organization lets on?

1. Think I already posted this somewhere else, but when a reporter asked Harden how his foot was after Saturday's game, he hesitated and then just said, "We won."

2. Re: CP's back spasms, aren't those a chronic/pretty much incurable issue? I'd love to be wrong, so please correct me if I am.

3. I read elsewhere that Lin said his expected recovery time was something more like 3-4 weeks, but they were hoping 2 would be enough.

4. After Morey's admission about how bad Dwight's physical results were over the summer, I have to wonder if he's anywhere close to 100% (or ever will be again).

Not trying to be doom & gloom... I just have a nagging feeling that things might be worse than they let on a lot of times, healthwise.

20. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

Then I guess we should trade him since he's not a better basketball player than Kobe. Who is besides Lebron.