1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 12/2/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Lihao

Lihao Member

Harden is the only one in the league that can put up 37-8 and i still don't feel he's having a good game . Yeah , that's how bad his defense is.

2. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Missing one of them is fine. Missing both and this team is worse than the Jazz.

3. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I just wish McHale can sit JH down for a change when he doesn't put effort in defense. Just to send a message.

4. nono

nono Member

Burks was taking a dump on Brooks. I don't know why McHale left him in especially since he wasn't shooting well.

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

we need a intimidating player...someone thats nasty on the boards..maybe reggie evans..

6. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Does anybody remember the last three years around this time? We are 13-6 and are inconsistent but it's only December. If it was Feburary and they play like this then there is a problem. Wish y'all chicken littles would chill out.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The san antonio win can now be counted as a loss... this team still hasn't learned that their is no such thing as a layup game when you are looked at as a contender. Dwight is who Dwight is I guess but he still needs to step it up more...

8. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Absolutely right. Well put.

9. jay_09

jay_09 Contributing Member

We could have said this about half of the team tonight....

10. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

This is a win if Harden plays defense, scores 25, but limits Hayward to 15.

11. Blast_Off

Blast_Off Member

That was a crappy pass by Harden, but Casspi wasn't paying attention, and then he made no effort to fight for the ball--he drifted away from it instead of coming back to it. If you've ever actually played in a basketball game you would know how frustrating that is when you are the passer.

Plus, if Harden had been the one who did what Casspi did on that play, a bunch of the fans on this forum who are bagging on Harden for the pass would be bagging on Harden for not paying attention and then not coming back to the ball.

12. Drphil

Drphil Member

We failed our defensive assignments tonight. The bench is not very good on defense PERIOD compared to our starters. With Lin and Parsons out, Asik and Dwight not putting up an effort, TJones being invisible and Harden regressing it was a formula for defensive failure.

Bev has been consistently Bev all season for better or worse.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That is one of the ****tiest defensive performances I have ever seen...and I have to say this. WTF DWIGHT? He disappeared completely.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

you seriously need to stop looking at the box score. how many times did he take 10+ secs dribbling eating up clock to make a decision? killed any possible ball movement. last second pass offs for bad shots and terrible, AWFUL D. dwight sucked worse.

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

He scored 37 points! His job is to score the ball! Our defensive scheme is horrible. He is doing what needs to be done.

Dagger was the turnover & Brooks' brain fart to end the game…then we couldn't get a rebound off a missed free throw! Are we going to lay all of that on Harden too?

Why do we go away from the Harden & Howard pick'n'roll? Why doesn't Brewer who was brought over for his perimeter defence play in some stretches to at least see if he can cool down whoever is on fire?

Last few seconds and we get a Brooks Iso?

I just watched the dying seconds of the 3OT Pelicans vs Bulls game…there was more in depth plays called in the last 30 seconds of the 3rd OT than there was by McHale in the whole game!!!

Yes our perimeter defence is weak…ADJUST!!!:mad:

I hate the Jazz...:mad:

16. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Lmao what an embarrassing loss

17. torontoman

torontoman Member

Sweet :)

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

BLAME LUCKY CHARM:mad:

seriously screw this guy. Spurs win means nothing.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This team needs a floor general.

Shots aren't going to be falling from range every night. We need someone to get this team up to the challenge. Harden and dwight aren't those guys.

20. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

Favors didn't miss a shot tonight, hit both free throws and had almost the same game (statistically speaking) as Dwight. Where were our PFs? T. Jones was awful, Casspi a little better (not enough). We have to trade Omer!