1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Cologne

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Dec 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I rub my balls then rub my neck before I head out. Chicks love pheromones.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I need some opinions on a few Chanel's... I know DudeWah has all of these, but anyone who has tried/owned please chime in. Considering getting:

Platinum Egoiste - similar to A&F Fierce - true? I don't even really remember what Fierce smells like, but if I'm gonna smell like a high schooler then no thanks Jeff.
    Allure Homme - smelled on paper strip. Part of the drydown had a 'dated' smell... is that accurate or was my nose playing tricks on me?
    Allure Homme Sport - supposed to be VERY similar to Versace Pour Homme, which I already own. Too much repitition to own both?
    Allure Homme Edition Blanche - don't remember what this smells like.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I think this is the only response I can give to your post:

[​IMG]

:eek:

4. davestrate

davestrate Member

This is one of my top alltime 5. I enjoy it during the daytime at night and even to go play ball.

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Have you smelled Versace Pour Homme? I'm wondering if they are too similar to get both.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Late reply whoops.

On topic, I think Platinum is way better than Fierce. Granted, I haven't smelled Fierce in a really long time. But meh, Platinum is a legit classic. A fragrance that lasts and women of all age range really like the smell.

I'd compare it more with D&G Pour Homme (drydown) than Fierce (from what I can remember)

Allure Homme is another classic. Initially I love the smell. But i've always noticed that the dry down kind of lets me down. I think it's my skin because on some people it definitely works. That being said, maybe it's because i'm not Mexican. LOL seriously, if you have a Mexican friend you want to give a gift to, hit them up with Allure. They'll always love it.

Allure Sport is one of my top 5 colognes. I think it's different enough from Versace Pour Homme. All the Versace's have the citrusy aspect to them. Allure Sport gives that clean smell without the citrus. I'd almost describe it as a clean musk. Which sounds like a contradiction, but hey whatever it works. Just a very versatile cologne that can be worn in many different occasions

Also, Allure Sport is the best cologne to begin layering with in my opinion. Try layering it with something heavier and woodsy smelling. The result is usually very nice.

1 person likes this.
  7. davestrate

davestrate Member

Allure Sport is a must have! I've actually tried to keep that one on the DL because I only know one other person that knows about it.

8. davestrate

davestrate Member

If you and I were to hang out, we'd have to call ahead of time and see what each is wearing because I have the feeling we'd smell very similar.

Can you believe I was wearing hand-me-downs from one of my uncles at age 5-6 (I still have one or two of them). My first was Trosseau from back in the 80's along with Xeryus from Givenchy and one ather I believe it was 273 by .....John Hammond or something like that!

Later came Jazz, Gucci, Drakkar (some heavy stuff for a kid who still wet the bed at the time). I used to get family to purchase everything for me but now that Im too old for that and I have managed to hold back some.

Spice Bomb and the new one by John Varvatos have my current attention, and I may have to wait a bit for Clive Christian, the Tom Fords and Creed

9. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

I'll gooch it up with a spray or two, every now and then when I'm feeling spry.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Went to Sephora and got samples of Platinum Egoiste, Allure Homme, and AHS. Hilarious what you wrote about Mexican's and Allure Homme, because the girl that was helping me was Mexican and she was telling me how much her brother/father love it. I was trying not to laugh because I remembered this post.

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Terre d'Hermes (EDT) did the trick tonight. Love this stuff. The Pure Parfum was weird... LOVED it at first, but then didn't like it as much afterwards. However, the EDT has been consistently amazing.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

gnomomoomomooo

Icemen came in. This stuff smells fantastic. Longevity is making me sad though.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

LOL this is like my personal thread. What does it smell like? I just looked at the fragrantica page and the only comparison is to Pure Shot. How poor is the longevity? We talking 4-5 hours... or worse?

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Yeah 4 hours prob max. Idk it has strong patchouli and musk i'm sure of it.

It smells like a mint almost but gives you a warm woody sensation. I don't know if that makes any sense. But I really like it.

15. SK34

SK34 Member

Any great Colognes under the price of $30?

16. davestrate

davestrate Member

Using fragrancenet gave me some trouble. I placed an order for two women's perfumes and only got one with a note saying they'd issue credit to my account! Has this ever happened to anyone? If so, do they refund the money back to my credit card or is it a fragrancenet account they issue the credit to?

17. joesr

joesr Member

Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme

(YSL)

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I liked Nautica Voyage. Nothing especially unique about it, but it smelled good and cost me something like $15-$16 online with a coupon. It's a clean aquatic. I wouldn't call it "great" as much as I would "very good for the price". I wear it to work every now and then.

http://www.fragrancenet.com/nautica-voyage-cologne/nautica/mens-fragrances/mf/en_US/10415

I've never had an issue with them before, and I've been buying there for years. Email them or call them and find out.

19. Asian Sensation

Indian?

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Who the heck wears cologne these days? Just need body wash and deodorant.