1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are there too many scorers on the team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nono, Nov 28, 2013.

1. nono

nono Member

What do you guys think ? Everyone apart from Dwight on this team seems to primarily be interested in just scoring points. Will Dwight be happy if he isn't getting any shots ? Isn't this one of the reasons he left LA ?

2. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

I don't think so. I actually think when they're scoring it's good for our defense because it makes them want to play tougher defense to get out and have more offensive opportunities. Dwight will be fine. It's not like we have bad team chemistry going on or we have a ****ty record.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

It's not like they're all stat padding me first guys. It's fine.

4. pnr

pnr Member

Remember this?

"After the game he brought a stat sheet around the locker room to show some teammates and reporters how he got only five field-goal attempts ..."

As long as we're winning, it should be okay...

5. Chris Jent MVP

He left LA because,

1) Kobe is a jerk
    2) Lakers just suck

Right now, Howard is happy because

1) Rockets teammates like him and respect him
    2) Rockets are winning

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Morey has always said it's best to have all 5 players be scoring threats

7. nono

nono Member

Wow, first time hearing this.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Too many scorers? What's that?

9. nono

nono Member

There is a dumb bot on this forum that gives 1 star to every thread.

10. rocketblood713

I think the biggest reason why Dwight Howard is happy is that he knows with McHale he is going to get touches he knows McHale can see the game as a big man can understand him more and things like that

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

no, this is just simply a terrible thread and deserves one star.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This game has been, and will always be, about buckets

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, I wish McHale would do something to cut down on the number of points we're scoring. :rolleyes:

14. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

First, don't conflate scorers with shooters.

Our main scoring options are always going to be Harden & Dwight.

In addition, Lin, Parsons, and Brooks are reliable SCORERS, they have better/more shooting ranges and can create they own shots when the opposing defense forces them to. Mind you, of these 3, Parsons is in the starting lineup, Lin off the bench, and Brooks on a as-needed basis.

We also have SHOOTERS (Casspi, Garcia, Bev, Lin, Harden, DMo, Parsons) who hang out on the perimeter as kickout option. Dwight and Jones provide inside scoring threat.

Based on each players' scoring ROLE, it's not a question of too many scorers, but if they are ready to perform their scoring role when needed.

It may not be as simple as this, but this is how I see each player's role in the offense. So no, why would Dwight complain? He and Harden are the offense and the others are really role players.

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Funny thing is even if there is a bot doing that, he is on the money to do it here

16. Chris Jent MVP

ROFL :grin:

Believe it or not, there are some people who really think this way... Walk the ball up court, waste 23 seconds, pick and roll shot, run back on defense. It's called UGLYBALL. People are impressed because it keeps the score under 100 points.

Yep yep.

17. NotChandlerParsons

There aren't enough!

18. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

He seems happy. Shoots free throws better and if he misses he doesn't get all stiff now. Even not finishing the games hasn't bothered him, plus he gets extra rest. Though guys need to feed the ball inside to him sooner when he gets in position, he tends to get the ball when he is way out from the paint and or in a bad place.

I think this will only be improve till next season. This season is just of getting to know one another and forming chemistry. Next year hopefully he gets the ball when he asked for it. even with that We are 11-5 they haven't played well on some games. They will improve even more and they will play more fluid and shooting better, too. Garcia had a nice game. I hope that we are getting out from the cold shooting slump we had.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's not that we have too many scorers, it's just that we have too few guys interested in playing defense :grin:

Said it before, I'd like to see both Parsons and Lin getting 25-30mpg off the bench, and Omer traded for a two-way SF like Lu Deng.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Doesn't sound unhappy to me. Says we need more games like tonight, it was good to be able to sit b/c of the busy schedule we have coming up, and what he likes about the team is that it doesn't matter who gets the most points.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_yEUwGye_gc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>