1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Message to Cowgirl Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by dram1, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Sure, but didn't they woop us the other 2 times we've played them? Time to let that one go and as others have said, this year we cannot say *ick to them…! :eek:

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

this is definitely the sort of thread you see created by a Texans fan.... Cowboy nation barely acknowledges nor cares about the new team in Houston.

what do the fans in Dallas, Green Bay and Pittsburgh have in common?

they are fans of the pillar NFL franchises and would never allow their team to be taken from their city. Houston a football town... Lol. Bob McNair makes Jerry Jones look good.

3. AnHero

AnHero Member

I am only a Cowboys fan because I grew up when Houston didn't have a team and I cheer for the Stros and obviously the Rockets.

Most Cowboys fans are not as delusional as you think, we don't think we are hot **** and know this team is at the mercy of a mad man in Jerry Jones. That being said we are in salary cap hell and have enough solid players to be a good enough team to win the games they should. Most of my friends and family that are Cowboys fans are bitter and generally loath there fandom of the Cowboys like a prisoner with Stockholm Syndrom.

That being said I root for the Texans, but most of family is from houston and good God do they make that **** known. My cousin made a facebook post after the Texans PRESEASON win this year bragging about "there" domination over the "Cowgirls". That was a preseason game where the second and third stringers played 90% of the game.

I just laugh at Texans fans because I like them but my friends who are die hard Texans fans talk so much **** about there past two "amazing" seasons where they dominated the worst division in football then played the worst team in the playoffs all to end up with one more win then the Cowboys. Seriously one of my friends brags about that one more playoff win.

Honestly the only reason I come on this texans board is because I had Arian Foster in fantasy and now Ben Tate and Dennis Johnson and I hope to find some info on them.

I did not post this to talk shi!t its just my experience being in the middle of these two teams, like I said I root for the Texans but not when they play the Cowboys and not when my friends are being a-holes and talking **** about being so amazing.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I think it depends on where you live. Bandwagon Texans fans seem to talk a lot of trash (including some of my friends I've converted to Texans fans). As do the delusional cowboy fans.

All and all though, it's all fun and games. Part of being fans of teams.

Riiiiiiight.

5. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I really wish the NFL would get rid of one of the preseason games and did an extra week for "Rivalry week" in the NFL. It'd be great for the state of Texas if the Texans/Cowboys played every year.

6. CCM721

CCM721 Member

This is literally my exact situation.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Until we meet them in a Super Bowl it's the only game that matters. Of course we won't meet them in a Super Bowl until Jerry Jones is dead and Kubiak is gone so that will never happen. :)

8. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

this is where the hate for the cowboys stems from. unless you are a transplant from north texas i dont care about the excuses houstonians give to justify the bandwagon/front running they did to ignore the NFL team they had in their own back yard. "my dad raised me as a cowboys fan" this is the most common excuse. well is your dad from dfw/north texas?? no, well he was a front runner, its in your bloodline.. theres no coincidence the cowboys and steelers have the largest fanbases beyond their own markets. 11 super bowls between the 2 teams. how often do you run into an out of market bengals fan.. i fond that the out of market fans try so hard to show how much they hate the texans. honestly the real cowbosy fans from dfw dont really care about texans fans, its the houston cowboys fans that seem to do the most talking..

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

For some reason, I like the Cowboys better than the Mavs (who I detest). I have always liked Romo. I enjoyed watching them this last Sunday. I used to live in Dallas/Fort Worth. I like the Spurs too, as long as they are not playing the Rockets. I loathe the Mavs.

10. Raven

Raven Member

What a pathetic feud.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xXFvq2ycilg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Win

Win Contributing Member

Ordinarily I would jump on a chance to dump on Cowgirls fan, but at this point, why?

I have a good friend that grew up in Katy that is a die hard Cowgirls friend and he admitted he likes the Texans but hates the Texans fans because they are obsessed with dissing the Cowboys when really most of them could care less what the Texans do or think. I suspect there is a lot of truth in that.

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

thats bs. with houston cowgirl fans, ive seen it first hand, when they blew that big lead against Detroit, as soon as stafford leaped over their dline, the first things out of their mouths were the texans.... its not dfw cowboys fans, its houston cowboys fans that are the problem.. out of market fans are the worst kind of fans. you hand pick your team and you land on a storied franchise with tons of hardware.. it must be nice to live in these peoples worlds. why go through all the struggle when you can just root for the best teams. why root for the astros, texans, and rockets when you can just choose to root for the lakers, yankees, and cowboys..

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

My exact situation(except I was a Cowboys fans before even getting to Houston and upon arrival in Houston the Oilers had just left).
    Lots of love for the Texans but the only S-talkers I come across regarding Texans/Cowboys are the Texans fans.

14. Win

Win Contributing Member

Ya know what? I applaud you for holding the line my friend. Your impassioned argument has pushed me back to reality. It's so easy to hate the Cowgirls, Yankees etc. I've spent a long life time supporting the Oilers and the Texans and remember the Bill Petesron years like they were yesterday.

15. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I started to watching the Cowboys around 2000, so who are you to say I handpicked a great franchise? I watched them lose a ton the last decade and witnessed zero of their championships. You don't know everyone's situation, so why in the world would you pretend you do? People's families have a huge impact on who they root for, not to mention Houston didn't have a football team for a few years. A lot of Texan fans view the Cowboys as some sort of rival for some reason, I promise you most Cowboy fans do not feel the same way. Most of them (especially outside of Houston) couldn't care less how the Texans do.

16. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

I don't think people in Houston really care about the Cowboys been a texan fan since the beginning I don't care about them...but their fans are delusional in thinking they're Americas Teams.

17. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h5VhveOAlIM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

I was born in Houston and now live in ne Texas, always been a fan of Houston sports but I also like the cowboys. I am all about Texas and never understood why Texan fans hate the Cowboys or vice versa. We are not even in the same conference for gods sake. To me the ultimate superbowl would be Texans vs Cowboys. I will save my hatred for out of state teams like Jets and Giants to name a couple.

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

As a Steelers fan, it's hard for me to imagine Texan's fans calling out anyone.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Exactly. This has a lot to do with it. I believe someone said, "you don't see this with texans fans in Dallas" well yea you don't have that many texans fans living there like in Houston. Also, Dallas fans must understand that everyone hates their guts, not just Texans fans. Goto any other city with large cowboy fan base and ask the people there how they feel about the cowboys. The only people that like the cowboys are cowboys fans.