1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Mchales treatment of Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lid1013, Nov 20, 2013.

1. DL24

DL24 Member

what are you so offended for? It is it that much of an insult to be called an LOF?

2. DL24

DL24 Member

lol didn't you know, Lin is the butterfly effect, one jump shot he made in the third quarter made casspi and garcia find their shooting touch...one pass to asik made him relevant again...every pass to beverly for 3 is a made basket

3. Play07

Play07 Member

started watching EVERY rockets games around 94 when I was 10-11yrs old, this is my 3rd year straight as season ticket holder. So it's a insult when people pop off and say LOF after I made an OPINION on a thread.

4. lfw

lfw Rookie

Your mistake was starting your post without the standard disclaimer when saying something positive about Lin which is "I'm not an LOF, but..."

5. TheJet

TheJet Member

Sad to say, but opinions that tend to give Lin the majority of the credit for things will get you labeled. That part about sparking the run and getting the rest of that second unit in "beast mode" is probably why you got nailed.

I don't think Lin played poorly but I disagree that the run with the second unit was his doing.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

no i'm arguing that +/- isn't as flawed as how he described it

7. yummyhawtsauce

should be a witchhunt chant, "LOF! LOF! LOF! Get him!"

8. DL24

DL24 Member

lol...yeah I also don't think he played poorly.....people's expectations of Lin are all over the place smh

9. DL24

DL24 Member

ok cool...well for what it's worth, you're welcome to visit the VIP suite of LOF club anyday with those positive Lin comments lol jk

10. yummyhawtsauce

lol he's OLOF. Original LoF.

11. conquistador#11

to think anyone in the world, excluding stephen a of course, would dislike lin is pretty much crazy talk, but it wouldn't be out of the ordinary if Mchale doesn't embrace/trust what lin brings to the table, which I think is true. It's like Mike Brown and Pau. stuff like that happens all the time.

It's funny that just because people like Mchale this could never be a possibility in our Locker room and our loyalties to the club get questioned. I'm not handing over my rockets leather cut anytime soon.
    But if everyone disliked the coach, like what's going on in with the disastrous Texans, then everyone is o.k with bashing.

Jesus christ! I've been watching too much S.O.A

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Ah yes, the persecution complex.

I guess if someone disagrees with this statement, then it must be a witchhunt.

I apologize. Jeremy Lin gets all the praise for the comeback in last night's game. If anyone disagrees with me, then it's a "witch hunt".

13. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Break-away run might have been overstated, but he was a part of the mid-3Q run that started to slowly chip away Memphis lead from a double figure to within 5 (can't recall). I just remember thinking why sub out Lin when team was finally starting to roll? But it worked, McHale stuck with that lineup, and our bench grind it out. We won.

Don't know why you're so sensitive? And I didn't know I was in high school where the mental-midgets let the name-calling/labeling do the talking. You can call me LOFs or whatever you want b/c IDGAF. I don't need to prove my fandom to you or anyone. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead. I like Lin, I also like the whole team, and I don't care if you hate that.

14. lfw

lfw Rookie

Don't worry, I know you are on the job constantly scanning for any hints of LOFs and will post to let everybody know. Might have been a false alarm this time with a 3 year Rockets season ticket owner but I trust you will continue to continue the search.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Persecution complex again.

Show me where I used the term "LOF" in this thread.

I guess if I disagree with claims that Lin gets all the credit, then somehow it's a witchhunt against Lin fans.

Heck, even when I said Lin deserves a lot of credit credit for the win, it wasn't good enough. All credit MUST go to Lin otherwise it's a witchhunt.

I trust you will continue to search for things to feel persecuted by, but you are on a roll.

16. lfw

lfw Rookie

Please proceed with your life's mission.

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This is the part where the discussion spirals out of control and is reduced to pure insults.

So, let's recap.

We start off with this.

Then we get this response.

What's next you say? Well none other than a retort. Anyone being persecuted so far? Doesn't seem like it.

But wait, there's more persecution complex!

Finally, when asked to provide some evidence of persecution, as shown below.

What we are left with is a pure ad hominem.

And thus demonstrates how pointless posts from a pointless poster leads to a pointless discussion off tangent that ultimately ends up with pointless insults.

Will the cycle end? Stay tuned.

18. lfw

lfw Rookie

You are so sensitive!

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This coming from a LOF is so ironic.

20. lfw

lfw Rookie

Lin sucks. Trade him! :cool: