1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight On Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Nov 24, 2013.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x-rIPVzwLrI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/11/dwight-howard-to-appear-on-sesame-street/

Dwight Howard has been in the spotlight plenty of times, but on Thursday morning, he will be dealing with an entirely new audience.

Howard recently recorded a segment for the popular children’s show Sesame Street. His two-minute segment will air at 9 a.m. on Thursday on PBS as part of the hour-long show.

In the clip, Howard talks to his friend Elmo about the word “strategy.”

This isn’t Howard’s first brush with children’s entertainment. He also recently made a cameo (with his voice) in the animated film “Free Birds.” He also has a commercial out for the “Free Birds” movie.

I must admit, dude looks comfortable in front of a lens. I was flipping thru channels this morning and caught him on there and had to pause. I think this might be the first airing, but it's on KLRU now (7:20am) if you are interested.

I hope the Rockets come up with a strategy to get the ball from over the fence. I'd hate to stop watching them.

2. don grahamleone

The writer above, Jenny Dial Creech, seems pretty good. I'm enjoying her Rockets articles:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ard-proves-up-to-challenge-of-facing-pekovic/

One of the highly anticipated matchups in the Timberwolves’ visit to Toyota Center on Saturday was Dwight Howard against Nikola Pekovic.

Pekovic has 20 pounds on Howard and is the biggest center he has faced this season.

“He is a big guy and a great rebounder,” Howard said. “He is definitely a challenge.”

Added Rockets coach Kevin McHale: “He is a load. You have to be willing to stand there and get run over, and not many guys want to do that.”

Minnesota coach Rick Adelman — McHale’s predecessor with the Rockets — said that Howard in the paint provided just as big a challenge for Pekovic, who headed into Saturday averaging 14.2 points and 8.5 rebounds.

Howard finished the game with 11 points and 13 rebounds in the Rockets’ 112-101 win, recording his ninth double-double of the year, while Pekovic had 14 points and seven rebounds.

McHale familiar with Love’s game

While Minnesota forward Kevin Love is having his best season since entering the NBA in 2008, Rockets coach Kevin McHale isn’t surprised.

As the general manager in Minnesota, McHale shipped a package including No. 3 overall pick O.J. Mayo to the Grizzlies in exchange for Love — the No. 5 overall pick — and three other players on draft night in 2008.

“He has had a great run,” McHale said. “You hope that when young guys come in the league, they find their niche and their place in the league and he really has. He has been fantastic.

“I didn’t think he would score as much as he does. I thought he could be a high double-double guy, high teens guy, and he has taken it to a whole other level. He has expanded his game out to the 3-point line.”

Love finished Saturday’s game with 27 points and 15 rebounds.

“His numbers are unbelievable,” Rockets forward Chandler Parsons said. “He is carrying the Timberwolves right now to a really solid record.”

Brooks, Beverley provide 3 spark

The Rockets have been looking for a better 3-point shooting performance.

Headed into Saturday night, the Rockets were shooting 34 percent from the 3-point line. On Saturday, they were 54.8 percent, hitting 17-of-31.

Guard Aaron Brooks led the way, going 6-of-7 while guard Pat Beverley was 5-of-8.

3. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Dwight is a cool dude. Clean character. I never understood how the media could portray him as a bad guy. I think the SVG situation wasn't too bad.

1 person likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#5 The Real Shady, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech

Jenny Dial, a native of San Antonio, Texas, and graduate of the University of Oklahoma started at the Houston Chronicle in 2005 as a high school sports reporter. After spending several years in an editing role overseeing high school and college sports, Creech is now an NBA beat writer. In addition to her role at the Houston Chronicle, Dial also works with several high school and college journalists at Columbia University journalism conferences and workshops.

I hate OU, but every graduate Sooner I've ever met was a smart cookie. I'll be following her. Her articles are far more suited to me than a Feigan type.

7. don grahamleone

Who gave this one star? Really, there is nothing negative here. I didn't trick you into clicking on it unless you don't know what Sesame Street is. It's for the kids. Who gives the kids one star? Who hates kids that much? I know it wasn't Dwight, he loves the kids.

8. don grahamleone

Worst meme ever... every time The Count counts, he laughs hahaha. I call for a redeux!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2AoxCkySv34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I gave five stars to restore balance to the force.

I can't understand negative rating this thread -- you're just reporting and sharing some truth, not going on a rant about one of our players.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

fixed. :)

11. don grahamleone

Dwight did something positive for children.....

[​IMG]

I don't get clutch fans sometimes.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B-Wd-Q3F8KM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This has been posted more than a few times now... maybe that's why.

14. conquistador#11

this had me rolling.

15. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Elmos gotta be at least like 5ft2?

17. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

wanna know the best way to boost your ratings?....boobs

definitely not for kids :p

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

Cr*p, I feel like an *$$. I just did a search and found like 3 others. I looked four pages deep and didn't find it so I thought that was going to be enough. Lesson learned.