1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dating Situation Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The CDN Dream, Nov 23, 2013.

1. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

So here's the situation,

Their is a girl at my university and we study together a couple days a week. We have a lot of mutual friends so we knew each other but got to chill with her more this year (sept-now).
    - As of now we are friends so I don't want to ruin that, first and foremost, if things don't work out. I really like her and want to ask her out but I want it to be a solid night.
    -I have plans to get her front row tickets to an nhl game in my city (games are sold out for the foreseeable future so they super hard hard to get and like 3x face value) and the ones that I can get are in the end of January
    - btw, nothing really much else to do in my city in the winter.
    - so as of now im just keeping it chill with her seeing as we will both be busy with finals.

Here's the catch/problem
    - a friend I know (knew him in high school, play soccer together once in a while), who is not a really good buddy though, has been sitting with us at our lunch study breaks and im pretty sure he's trying to get her as well
    - if it was somebody I didn't know it would be easier to tell him to lay off the cockblock and since hes not a really good friend of mine I cant tell him anything either.

- my question is what should I do in this situation?

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Need pics of said girl before I condone a cockblock.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Making plans in the distant future is kinda odd. I would invite her to do something else sooner. Just hey wanna grab dinner/movie this Friday.

Don't be afraid. If she doesn't want to, she doesn't and that's that. She's not going to get mad. If a girl asked you out and you weren't interested, wouldn't you still be flattered?

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Go for it ASAP. You'll regret it, if you never know how she feels about you.

5. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Forgot to mention. Last night she invited me out to a social. I went from another pregame and met them their (she went with her friends). Ended up being that the guy I was talking about drove her their and home so its obvious hes trying to make a play.

- yeah I agree about the future plans thing but that's only because its the only tickets available and it would really impress her since we both dig the nhl.

- im thinking of straight up asking her monday if her and my friend are linked up. I know what to do if she says no but if she says yes, then I wouldn't since I wouldn't want someone tryingto steal a girl from me in that situation.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He beat you to it, if he's driving her around now, BUT unless she's officially with him or is close to it, she's fair game. You're not stealing anything unless he has her already, which it doesn't seem like. Maybe she'll like you over him. Sometimes, young people go for who is there now and not who is right or a better match.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Just because he drove her somewhere doesn't mean anything, but that does mean you need to make a move.

The main thing is grow a pair. Don't be afraid. People think a girl will be angry or something if she isn't interested, she won't! I promise. And it won't hurt the friendship unless you continue to try after she has initially shown that she doesn't want anything more.

Just balls up and ask her out. And if she says no, move on to the next one.

Side note. Relationships are dumb in college. Biggest mistake I made.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Your friend just went for it and didn't have to make this thread to get her, while you are here trying to buy expensive tickets to a hockey game 3 months down the line.

You snooze you lose.

He's probably shagging her right now.

9. paunguye

paunguye Member

you already in the "friend zone".....

10. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Already friend zoned

11. papadrunk

papadrunk Member

Friend-zoned, but what if she friend-zoned you because you haven't asked her out. Young man, go for it and ask her out. At the very least, you'll determine whether or not she only sees you as a friend. If so, start setting your eyes on someone else. Trust me - been there, done that.

Also, in agreement with CCorn. College relationships are dumb.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

lol I don't mean to be rude, but you will likely never get this girl. Don't bother wasting your money.
    <br>
    Also, this:
    Why are you making plans for months down the road? If you actually want her just go for it. Worst case scenario you lose a friend. Who cares....

13. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

Never wait in these situations; you'll just end up disappointed. Based on what your "friend" is doing, you have to make a move soon.

14. SK34

SK34 Member

While its likely you've been friendzoned.

You need to ask her out. To a dinner date or a movie. Something that isn't 3 months away. Tell her how you feel. She says no, well there are many more.

The thing is, You'll never know if she also wants you until you make a move. Women don't want to make the move.

Don't take any longer. Do it by tonight or tomorrow night cause the other dude is making his moves fast.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ask her out. Tell her straight up that you think she's hot and you're starting to find something special in her and you want to hang out someplace more private. Honesty+vulnerability=very flattering. If she says no, play it off and don't let it affect you. She's not gonna get weirded out unless you're weirded out first.

Regardless of her response, don't bend your back over for anything for her, no matter how much you want to ignore this advice. Don't pull back either, just be honest about your boundaries. She has options. You have options. Women don't like it when you compromise yourself for anything, even her. Man up and be your awesome self.

As for those nhl tickets, I'd use it on a date, any date, then let it be known around your circle that you took another chick out to front row seats at the nhl.

Come back if she says no. It's not over by far. Rejection+Honesty+vulnerability=another test by women.

Just remember one thing. You're in college. While it's great to be tied up in romance and all, saying yes to that option means you're saying no to all the other options that can take up your time. Value your time like it's nothing else, then you'll be alright no matter what.

16. what

what Member

first of all, ask her if she'd like to go to out to lunch one day. to make it "special" buy her 1 rose and when you pick her up, say hey I'm a gentleman first and foremost, if we are going out, I need to bring you something.

she'll get the idea it's a date by that gesture.

the very last thing you want to do is go "all out" with an expensive date. girls are impressed by how you HANDLE yourself around them, if you are funny, if you take charge, if you are a gentleman but still have an edge. If you are a good talker. All things that don't cost a dime.

Money makes a girl think that you are insecure, or that you are trying to trap them into something, and all they want to know IS WHY you are treating them so special: ie he wants something from me: a commitment, etc.

The second to the last thing you want to avoid is a girl who is THINKING too much. You need to have her reacting on her emotions rather than her logical and to do that you've got to do what I said, handle yourself in a way that makes her see you as a man, not a friend.

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

When in doubt....roofie!

18. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

You probably should have asked her out for dinner and a movie weeks ago.

19. supdudes

supdudes Member

Haha

Ha

20. what

what Member

oh snap. I didn't read this. You only got 1 full proof way to get her back now. first thing you do is tell her straight up: tell her the truth. Say, hey, the other night when my friend took you home, that should have been me. i got all jealous. I went home and I couldn't even sleep that night. Are you guys like boyfriend and girlfriend now, because if so I'm going to have to go out and screw some chick to get back at you.

when she says no, don't do that. tell her there is only one way to get back into your good graces, go out to lunch with me.

ps, if you get this date, you need to be prepared for your friend to step to you when she is around. If you can't handle the pressure of him, you'll never get her, but if you can make him look foolish, you got her in the bag.