1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mchales treatment of Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lid1013, Nov 20, 2013.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I understand, pointing out when Lin plays poorly is tearing down one of the top performers on the team but the daily diatribes from the fanatics about Beverley or Harden or Casspi or McHale or whoever else obstructing Lin's stardom is just constructive observation. I forgot about the double standard. Thanks.

Good defense doesn't give up 36 points on 75% shooting to nobodies. Carmelo, sure. Durant, sure. Nowitzki, sure. James Anderson? I don't think so.

2. CometsWin

Jeremy Lin isn't a D League scrub, he has a $25 million contract and started an entire season in the NBA. According to many on this board he's an all-star and at very least he's a talented penetrating guard. So you can't have it both ways.

You should refrain from trying to tear down one of the team's top performers by comparing him to lowly James Anderson.

3. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Beverley gave up a triple double to a rookie making his first start.

4. CometsWin

He sure did and there weren't 300 people here defending it or pointing fingers at other players for his poor play.

5. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Regardless of what "300" other people say, mchale still defended bev by giving him more minutes. :eek:

6. Hak34

Hak34 Member

I can't believe there was someone dumb enough to actually admit this.

This makes you and all your like minded cronies the definition of Non True fans.

7. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Lol. Anyone who claims that Harden has ever played solid D has lost all credibility. I like that you brought up the James Anderson game. A SG who has size and length over a PG like Lin. A game where Lin scored 34?

If I had the time or effort I would embarrass you and highlight every single game that Harden plays where he sits on our end, matadors on D, refuses to run back on D or play a lick of transition D. Claps his hands at least as st 10 times a game....he does this when he gets lost on D and totally loses his man while he is ball watching in a corner nowhere near his man.

Seriously. HARDEN and d never occurred...ever. He not only sucks at it, he doesn't even give it a lick of effort and could care less too.

8. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

What don't you understand, Anderson did not score 36 points on Lin, he scored 19 points on Lin. Why do you want to make it sound worse than what it is?

I never once said Lin was an allstar, nor do I tear any of the Rockets down. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with giving your opinion on a player, but when people constantly tear him down, and state false information about a player, it then seems to me that they aren't any different than the LOF's. Just because LOF's sat stupid **** doesn't mean that we as Rocket fans should run down Lin.

It's ok to point out that he isn't an elite defender, which he isn't, but for people to go on and on about how he is a bad defender is just wrong because that isn't the case at all.

I see a lot of people running down the LOF's but then they go and do the same thing in reverse. How does that make them any different from the LOF's?

9. Hak34

Hak34 Member

My God the excuses. Monta is 6'3" in shoes on a good day. His responsibility was James Hardens. Since James refuses to play D on any level McHale likes to shuffle our supreme defensive stopper over to these players and it never turns out that never near the defender you guys make him out to be.

10. JAD2456

JAD2456 Member

Yao Ming NEVER said Bev SHOULD start over Lin! He never said the exact words/sentence in his interview with CCTV5 hosts. People misinterpreted his words.
    http://sports.cntv.cn/2013/11/14/VIDE1384431601923923.shtml

Starting 3:20,
    Yao said, "I'll say in this way, Jeremy Lin can start or come off the bench, he can play both roles VERY WELL because he can get everybody around him involved. While Beverley in fact is not bad at driving, he probably can't get everyone involved. However the starters don't need someone to carry them, the bench does. So there are more options for Jeremy Lin. He can play either the starter or the reserve. But for Beverley, he PROBABLY can ONLY play the starter."

If you read or listen his words carefully, you'll know what he really meant were,
    1. The ONLY reason you put Bev in the starting unit is because he can't run the 2nd unit.
    2. Lin can play very well (or people like to say "fit") with the starting unit and the 2nd unit because he can get everyone around him involved.

Most of all, Yao didn't mention anything about Beverley's defense (is better or not) or say he "fits" better in the starting unit. He just mentioned one reason in his opinion which is the main reason you let Beverley start is because he can't run the offense.

Yao did speak the genuine truth here, IMO.

11. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Beverley is the only player who's suffered as a starter. All his stats per 36 are down. No more spectacular blocks or dunks. He is playing with hands tied to his sides, afraid of foul trouble. He lost his swag and lost his aura of energy which the rest of team fed off of him last year. This is not his game! O Bev, ol' Bev, where hath thou been?

Bev is officially neutered!

12. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

God! Howard sounds like LOF and he's not happy about the minutes management.

13. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

That's the truth.

14. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Yup. Totally beat the purpose of putting him with the first unit. Bev should play with the high energy and be as annoying as he can like last season, even if it means he gets to play only 20 minutes. At least he can do some damage and get the job done, rather than playing 30 uninspiring minutes as a placeholder.

15. bws

bws Member

He's not uninspiring, he's still giving effort. But it is just he's Beverley-lite, not all out balls to the walls Beverley high octane like he was coming off the bench.

16. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

This was so predictable. Being a starter is not the same as being a spark off the bench.

17. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I don't mind Bev staying a starter. The more I think about it, really.

Lin's got the chance to be a hell of a 6th man and both are sort of pace changers...one offensively, the other defensively.

I just don't think Bev should log heavy minutes. He should log about 25mpg against OKC/LAC/SA, not much more. He doesn't create anything offensively, against teams with a not so good or threatning PG, he's pretty much useless. I mean the man plays nearly 30mpg and gets more rebounds than assists in a game.

He's not an offensive generator outside of steals. I think Lin's fine at 30-32mpg, Bev needs his minutes dropped a bit as does Parsons. Parsons should be around the 32-34mpg mark, Harden the 36-38mpg mark, and Dwight 34-36mpg mark.

Casspi, for the long haul, is just not good enough to warrant heavy playing time.

I'd like to see:

Dwight-35/Camby or Smith when healthy- 13
    TJones-28/Combo F(Chandler, Gallo, etc.)- 20
    Parsons-32/Combo F-10/Garcia-6
    Harden-36/Lin-6/Garcia-6
    Bev-24/Lin-24

In some matchups instead of Garcia, throw out Ronnie Brewer.

18. Katsu

Katsu Member

Camby is gone, breh

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You put too much emphasis on one game and on someone starting from the D League.

It was against an NBA starter. An NBA guard, however BAD they are, can go off one in a green moon. It happens.

The point is it's ONE fricking game. You provide a trend or avg, then all good but one game is worth mentioning but not indicative of anything.

p.s. I even wonder if Anderson hit 75% of his 3 in practice.

20. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

found this on Redit