1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose injured again (UPDATE: Torn meniscus, will need surgery)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 22, 2013.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You are putting more weight on your other knee to compensate for the injury. People with ankle injuries do the same thing.

I've ended up with jumper's knee in both of mine when I played in a league because of the same reason. There's nothing that can be done about it. Its all psychological, the effects are physical, but the tendency is psychological.

2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Exactly. You overcompensate on the other leg, which leads to miniscule wear and tear, which compounded, can become a complete tear over time.

3. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Dwight is the only big star they have left. Wouldn't be surprised if they throw a boat load of money at Paul George when his Nike deal expires.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

You obviously don't get it.

5. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Just from overuse or over compensating. In rehab all the attention is paid to the injured knee.
    really feel bad for Rose if it is the ACL. The Bulls are going to have to blow that team up

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Dude what's wrong with you? How does him being hurt prove he's overrated?

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I still have my suspicions about when Yao went down in the playoffs, and I'm pretty sure its got to do with the fact you're loading up on your good leg. Yao had that knee knock with Kobe, and continued playing. Remember Yao had had multiple, serious surgeries on his left foot, now naturally if you're favouring that right knee, theres gonna be more stress on the other limb. I think.

[​IMG]

8. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Also the way he plays with his explosiveness, he mighta been fearful or had the knee on his mind and was using the right leg more.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Good source tells me <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bulls&amp;src=hash">#Bulls</a> fear it's a torn right ACL for Derrick Rose. If so, unlikely he will ever be the same.</p>&mdash; Jordan Bernfield (@JordanBernfield) <a href="https://twitter.com/JordanBernfield/statuses/404128067020283904">November 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yep, hard to ever be the same from two torn ACLs. He's still young, so he can still be a really good PG.

10. pnr

pnr Member

He can still play in the league. He's just gotta develop a really good 3 point shot.

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That's really sad to see him get hurt again, he is such a fun player to watch.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

DYST Now ‏@DYST_Now 6m
    REPORTS: #Bulls Derrick Rose has torn his ACL again, this time in his right knee. #NBA

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

StaticSports ‏@static_sports 8m
    Early tests indicate that Derrick Rose has a torn right ACL, an MRI will confirm tomorrow, per team source. #Bulls #NBA

14. pnr

pnr Member

Noooooooooooo

15. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

He can still ball in the league, just gotta adapt his game now since athletically he won't be the same. But older players have changed their game to suit their age, he just has to do it sooner than he wanted to.

16. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

There's a lot of dysfunctional people here in this forum.The guy had already injured and probably can't play anymore and yet some people are still trying to kicked him down.

17. hamsession

hamsession Member

Adidas needs to fire their entire scouting staff. DRose, RGIII, etc. At least we won't be seeing anymore #TheReturn commericals from them.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Sucks bad. I watched some of the game tonight. It was great seeing him before the injury.

Life is a one-way street.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The foreseeable future of the Bulls isn't looking very bright with the money tied to Rose. This situation looks eerily similar to the Blazers and Rockets. Very very talented superstars with a lot of hype for a few years, but all down the drain due to injuries. Very unfortunate.