1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official PlayStation 4 LAUNCH Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Nov 14, 2013.

1. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

My buddy got a defective one on launch day and had a replacement by Monday or Tuesday. He was a little pissed, but it happens. He did get an extra month of PS+ and also $10 to the PS store.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I would imagine when that happened there was a bit of a shortage since the launch was on a Friday. At this point I would guess that replacements would come a lot quicker, but the point is his got replaced and he was compensated a bit. So yeah, I wouldn't worry about defective units if that is what is preventing you from getting one.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I got one stashed up at frys. Debating if I should get two.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-21/gamestop-says-2-3-million-customers-waiting-for-ps4.html
    That number doesn't seem right. Maybe including people who just want to be emailed about stock (and only a portion of them would actually purchase one).

But if it is somewhat accurate...wow.

6. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I was about to post the same thing. Btw, for anyone looking for a PS4. I heard from a few sources that Best Buy will be selling some on Sunday. Call your local BB to confirm.

7. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

For sure. Best Buy even planned to have extras in stock just in case, but apparently Sony told them to sell what they have. My friend was pissed, but understands that things like that happen.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sounds high to me as well, but I don't work for these companies either. It doesn't surprise me that millions of people plan to buy one though.

Yah I was told by Gamestop they were keeping some stock back as well. That's interesting.

#188 seclusion, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  9. underoverup

underoverup Member

How is the pong game?

10. RC Cola

I haven't played it, but some of my co-workers played it when I brought my PS4 to work. Seems fun, especially since you can change things by moving around.

BTW, it seems Gamestop meant 2.3M people on a waiting list for both consoles, which is much more reasonable.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I played it with my wife a couple times, it's fun / novel. I don't think you'll want to play it everyday, but it's definitely a cool distraction (and it has a twist, literally).

12. BigTex

BigTex Member

Just got my PS4 replacement from Amazon, works perfectly. Loving it so far!

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Still haven't gotten Madden or Marvel Legos from Amazon. Gig'd me good.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I cancelled my order and bought from Gamestop launch day. Bastards...good with everything but what you need to actually play.

15. RC Cola

Just got the trophy for the 40 minute dance routine from Just Dance. And I did it after eating a whole pizza. I should get a platinum trophy for that.

A week ago, I don't think I pictured myself doing this with my PS4...

16. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

How'd you do that? I was trying to get one at Fry's today and couldn't even reserve to order one for future shipments. :(

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That's quite the workout there!

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i played it at best buy, it still seems like a platformer (knack), mario wanna be.
    fifa was good, however i didn't think it looked too much better than the current gen

19. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

If you like Just Dance, I think Dance Central is the superior game. Only problem is that it's only on the 360. When I played both of them, I thought Just Dance is geared more towards little kids. Not that I'm saying your a little kid or anything. I purchased a 360 w/Kinect just for DC for my spouse. She played it a lot for a few weeks and rarely touched it since. It's always a fun game to play when guests are over for a little bit.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

OHHHH SNAP. FOOL SAID YOU'RE A LITTLE KID B'! Are you gonna take that from him? :grin: