1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we draft a QB in the first round?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Nov 10, 2013.

?

Should we draft a QB in the first round?

1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. No

46 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Carr, so old jerseys can be salvaged.

3. TheDreamShake83

My gut feeling is that they will unless Keenum skyrockets for the rest of the season. I would keep Keenum and draft a lineman first (not sure if there is a good one coming out or not). If we do draft a QB first I hope that he doesn't see the field for the first year. I would even go as far to say to keep Schaub for another year just to let the new QB develop. I really hope we keep Keenum though and build the line and pass rush. It doesn't matter how good your QB is if he is under constant pressure.

4. sydmill

sydmill Member

My hope is that Keenum looks good enough for the new regime to consider him worthy of being the starter moving forward. Given the holes in the team as it is currently constructed, these are my hopes for the draft:
    1- Clowney or Barr: we need a pass rush, badly. Both guys are tabbed as being able to accomplish that from day 1. If they result in moving Reed to ILB, 2 birds with one stone.
    2- Cyril Richardson: the Baylor OG could project as an OT. I like his ability to play multiple positions for this team.
    3- QB that has fallen: One of the QBs will slide. Pick him to be groomed as Keenum's backup or potentially replacement.
    4- Best DB
    5-Best D lineman
    6- Best RB
    7-BPA

5. 45souf

45souf Member

don't forget BCA.

Best Coach Available

6. Raven

Raven Member

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

8. Raven

Raven Member

And which QBs will probably fall to the 2nd? Mettenberger?

9. percicles

percicles Member

Derek Carr just for the lulz and symmetry.

10. rocketblood713

Taking a break from Rockets talk so whats the deal here with the Texans whats the QB we want in the draft ?

11. Raven

Raven Member

There is no apparent consensus.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

I don't there are any guaranteed first rounders outside of Bridgewater and Mariota. Guys like Manziel and Carr (maybe Hundley if he declares) could certainly go in the first round, and at least one probably will, but I don't think it's certainty. If they do go in the first, guys like Metternberger, Boyd, McCarron, and Murray will be there in the 2nd, some of them probably in the 3rd too.

13. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I'm just going to come out and say that I hope we go for the home-run and draft Manziel.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...super-bowl-potential-larry-bird-instincts.ece

14. Nook

Nook Member

It is very unlikely Manziel makes it to round two. His personality and playmaking skills are very polarizing but it only takes 1-2 GM's to roll the dice and someone will.. Because if his game translates, you have a top 4-5 franchise QB.

15. The Real Shady

So if Keenum plays well to end the season and we end up drafting a QB I wonder what we could get for Keenum? Could be another Rivers/Brees situation.

16. today

today Member

Exactly why I want to take that risk. We need a top 5 elite QB, I'm tired of having a QB who is just "better than average". Bridgewater and Mariota don't seem to me like they have the intangibles that Manziel does (leadership/passion/clutch performance).

#Johnny4Houston

17. today

today Member

IMO, Keenum's ceiling is in the top 10-15 range of QBs. Because I want an ELITE QB, I think we ought to just keep him as our backup and take our potentially elite QB in the draft. If we were to trade Keenum, my guess would be we might get a 4th round pick for him.

18. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Member

I'd love Marcus Mariota or Clowney. Otherwise I'd prefer Jake Matthews to Manziel.

20. meh

meh Member

Isn't there always some controversy with who the top prospect is mid-season? These guys don't get clicks and subscriptions by repeating the same thing over and over.

To me Bridgewater still looks like the QB you prefer in the end. You can say he's the lesser Luck to Mariota/Manziel being lesser RG3s.

If his stock is truly falling, I would love for us to take him at whatever spot we'll have. He's the most likely QB for a quick rebuild in my mind.