1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mchales treatment of Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lid1013, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Even if Lin knew he was about to be traded, he would never give less than 100% effort on the court.

2. SunsRocketsfan

Lin and asik for melo. Houston's big 3 vs Miami's. Epic finals

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Way to knee jerk... averaging 18 a game on 53% FG and 44%3PT before this game. You really think he wouldn't start on more teams than just a handful? I know he had one of his worst career games as a Rocket but come on..

4. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Harden + Melo = zero shots for the rest of the team.

5. lid1013

lid1013 Member

Damn right he didn't have a good game. But there still shouldn't be double standards for Lin. Why can every other player get to play through their shooting slumps and bad nights except Lin? Why does no other player have to be held accountable for their lack of Defense or for their refusal to move the ball and play selfish ISO ball? Oh right because hes a "superstar".

6. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

One thing good about Jeremy, is that he's not a chucker. If his shots are not falling, he tries to make play instead of forcing it.

Oh and I think McHale put Jeremy in at the end (a) to foul; and (b) as a decoy. We all know McHale can only draw one play - give it to Harden :).

7. LoLin

LoLin Member

Not sure if we watched the same game. Lin was on Calderon and Larkin, not Monta.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

I am pretty sure Lin has had good games off the bench this year in which he made shots or plays right after entering. Tonight just isn't one of them. He did not play badly because he only played 17 minutes, it's the other way around.

Also, guys like Crawford and even Ginobili have sat out plenty of crunch time minutes in their careers and will continue to do so. Even Ricky Rubio just got benched by Adelman in the 4th quarter. There is no McHale conspiracy or bias against Lin. The coach is just trying to win the game and running with what he thinks would work best according to the available data.

1 person likes this.
  9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Dolan would rather go 3-79 than admit he was wrong about Lin (nevermind taking him back).

10. meteor0love

meteor0love Member

I don't think anyone is blaming on him. He had a bad game and this could apply to anyone.

Anyway, I think we should trade him while he's value is still high before it's too late.

11. Chris Jent MVP

McHale is a good coach. Not great, but good. I don't know what the Lin situation is behind closed doors, but I won't assume it's a bad thing. TRUST IN MOREY. If McHale is really causing a problem, then McHale will be gone when his contract ends. If JLIN plays good, Morey will pay attention and give the order that Lin needs more playing time. If McHale does not agree with Morey, then he will be gone.

JLIN just needs to keep working hard. I think McHale is just being "hypnotized" by Beverley's hustle and effort. It's hard to ignore a guy who plays so hard.

But Lin is more skilled overall, and needs more PT.

I'm not worried about it. If we need a new coach, then Morey will do it when the time is right. If McHale makes the adjustment, then Lin will be happy and the Rockets will benefit. If Lin and McHale both suck, then they will both be gone. In Morey I trust.

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

yea... kind of like kubiak bringing schaub back!!! :eek::eek::eek:

13. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

This. Bev was 1-5 in the first half and was playing mediocre D yet he got 25 mins to Lin's 10. What was Bev doing so much better that Lin got so few mins?

In the 2nd half Lin didn't even come in until there was like 3 mins left in the 3rd. Can't expect him to have a rhythm when he's been sitting cold for that long.

I don't get why this farce is continuing. Just get it over with and trade Lin already.

14. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Average coach at best. 126-129 coaching record.

15. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Not being confrotational with this, just curiousity. What's so good about McHale's coaching, or even management of player personalities? Far as I know he i just implementing stuff that was given to him, so his main purpose is like Mark Jackson, which is to be a motivator right?

It seems to me you could plug in any regular Joe or a Randy Wittman perhaps, and we'd still be the same record.

16. Elmhurst NY

Elmhurst NY Member

Lots of people saying Lin didn't have it tonight and that's true.
    He enter the game when his teammates were making everything. What do you expect him to do? Look for his shot or drive to the basket to get his points? He looked like he was trying his best to not break the team's offensive rhythm.
    By the time things got dicey, Lin, along with other bench players, were ice cold.
    He'll bounce back, he always does.

17. DH78

DH78 Member

McHale is such a horrible coach, and treats Lin so badly, and manages our superstars and team so bad, that I will not buy another ticket to a Rocket's home game until they fire him!

I have loved, followed and supported the Rockets' organization for over 20 years through thick and thin, but McHale is making me dislike this organization.

I hope they get rid of him before I completely lose interest.

18. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

He won't intentionally give less than 100%, but it will affect him.

Plus not getting rewarded after having played great for multiple games, he probably realizes that he won't "earn" his starting position back no matter how well he plays. Don't know about him, but I would be discouraged.

19. saintja2

saintja2 Member

Yes, because that's a really good way to measure one's coahing ability. :rolleyes:

20. conquistador#11

that we can all agree on!:grin: