1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 11/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

And the common denominator is the coach.

2. New

Theory 4: McHale does not like TOs from your PG. It brings back his nightmare from his time playing the big man: Running to the paint only to find out that your PG turns it over before it gets in your hand. (Of course I am making that up).

I think Mchale does not yet know how to use Lin.

3. Peaceful Elbow

I don't think McHale wants Lin as a part of the team for his long term plan. He wants Harden, Dwight and Parsons doing the bulk of the scoring and a defensive guard like Beverly to feed them the ball. Lin is not really needed. I think this is a fine plan, and it is probably the best for the team. What sucks is Lin and Asik got the bad end of it. Lin and Asik are improving and i think it is best for them to go elsewhere.

4. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

Has anyone ever blamed Bev for a loss NOT here

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Ok..will do. Hey, if so, 1 out of 13 ain't bad- really. With him being a viable post option and Dwight being our real only post presence, wonder why he is not playing more? Who do you think he will replace (minutes) ? Dwight will be encouraged to know he has someone who can buy him some minutes in the post as no one else seems to be able to.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

What?

7. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Mchale has to take major blame for this loss. This is the 3rd time (preseason included) we've played the Mavs this season and yet we still haven't figured out a strategy against that same zone defense they play. These guys looked lost out there today just throwing the ball back and forth on the perimeter. It's the coach's job to get these guys prepared knowing what they're up against when they play the Mavs, as well as making better in-game adjustments.

8. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

i think mchale is the only coach in the league(or maybe mike dantoni too) right now who would give lin 30mins a night dont think he hates him
    so chill guys

9. yummyhawtsauce

I think so too. The starters were doing fine, there isn't much room for another scorer tbh, the rockets have a good offense. they should get someone who plays defense instead.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If I'm McHale, I consider using Ronnie Brewer (supposedly healthy for next game) for stretches next game, especially with a lead...</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/403403331436941314" data-datetime="2013-11-21T00:03:43+00:00">November 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If Rockets' perimeter players (sans Beverley) won't commit ALL-OUT on D, then they should lose at least a *few* minutes to someone who will.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/403403942798708736" data-datetime="2013-11-21T00:06:09+00:00">November 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Maybe because we lost a game that we should have won and they are pissed. I have been a Rockets fan for 30 years, so I'm not a LOF. I am a Lin fan and I think it's so stupid that people just dog him all of the time.

We all say stupid stuff every know and then because we are fans, but this Lin bashing is more than just saying stupid stuff every now and then.

I would think that real Rocket fans would be very happy to have him on the team, and that they wouldn't always be bashing him.

12. DL24

DL24 Member

yes lin is a bit of turnover machine, so is harden, he gets to do whatever he wants, im not saying Lin should get equal treatment, but for what hes produced this year and his salary, he deserves wayyy better

13. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

I've said this all season Casspi never passes when he drives the ball he just wants to score. Its like watching a taller AB

14. zdrav

zdrav Member

A coach that wouldn't give 30 min to one of the most efficient offensive players this season is a dumbass. You have no idea what you're talking about.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I personally think he'd be worth a look in the 2nd unit instead of Casspi/Garcia. Both of them are inconsistent, and Garcia is in a major slump. If we could have Lin feeding Dmo in the post and him going to work like he did vs. Denver -- that would be a good look.

16. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

How many coaches in the league would give Beverley 34 mins a night?

17. TheresTheDagger

Mavericks shot 74% in the 4th qtr including 50% from 3 point land.

18. yummyhawtsauce

Lin in the past 3 games have not turned the ball over very much. harden 7tos, this game I think it went down.

But Lin def does get a shorter leash. He must be the perfect player while everyone else is allowed to get a pass.

19. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Word. He had a bad night and got called out for having a bad night. And then the GARM blows up with his legions defending him against accusations that weren't even leveled.

20. New

No. Dmo is not in the game because he is so far really bad in defense, and also Dmo is not a C. You watch how he positions himself in defense, you know that he is not playing like a C.