1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 11/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2013.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Ah yeah...I have nicknamed him Goober DMO after George Goober Lindsey. He has herky jerky moves in the post....sometimes I openly laugh at his efforts..others I cry.

2. yummyhawtsauce

agreed. well said. Lin is the geisha

3. trock

trock Member

This is true. I'm not even sure what they're responding to.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I hope we realize it sooner rather than later. Rockets had LOTS of games like this last season (costing us the #6 seed) and we still haven't learned... sigh..

5. DL24

DL24 Member

ok combine theory 1 with theory 3: mchale is a racist?

6. New

Someone just pointed you to the Nuggets game. Go watch it.

7. Chris Jent MVP

yea, Harden, Lin, and Bev need to have their minutes managed much better. More rest for Harden, More ball control for Lin, more defense from Beverley, less ISO Harden. When this rotation is fixed, the backcourt will be truly dangerous.

The problem is a small problem and very fixable. No need to panic.

8. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

WHY WHY are people talking about LIN wow he missed 5 shots...hard to blame a loss on someone who wasn't on the court. he barely touched the ball except spot up 3's. LIN haters wow.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Coaches don't waive players, especially in Houston

10. TheresTheDagger

Lin didn't lose this game, but he sure as hell didn't help much. I'm not worried...he'll bounce back.

What lost this game was the Mavericks shooting lights out.

When a team scores 123 against you and only 36 come in the paint.....when they hit 10 out of their last 11 shots...when they hit all 5 of their FTs in the last 6 minutes....

You're probably going to lose.

11. zhuchu

zhuchu Member

well said

12. bws

bws Member

He's been playing a ton of minutes and finishing games. He had an off-night. He just couldn't get it going. So he rested. Who knows, maybe Lin was sick tonight. Let's stop over-reacting. If McHale does this for a few games, then you can complain but this is just one game. Lin may score 40 in his next game and play 38 minutes. Relax, it's one game.

13. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

Ive had this on my mind for long. Why does casspi think he is a pg?? Everytime I just see him trying to dribble the ball and do to much. Most of the time, the end result is a turnover

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Do you know what their EFG for the 4th quarter was?

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Like seriously, nobody is even crapping on him. People are just being mad now for the sake of being mad. Stupid.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Things that are fixable and I see them playing better game by game. I've seen less Harden Iso this game and the previous games they have been moving the ball ALOT. And I am hard on McHale but I can't deny they have been playing better, more together, and less selfish. The reason the Mavs came back was a group effort, but it happens too. It's the NBA, on the road, b2b...the home team WAS going to make a run.

The loss hurts, but we weren't going to sweep Dallas this season and I doubt we ever will.

I don't really worry about the schedule that much, it will even out and the schedule looks much easier when you are a good team.

17. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I'm surprised

nobody is talking about the fact Marion tried to take a foul on Harden on his last shot. I'm not saying it's why we lost but he clearly hit Harden with two hands to take a foul.

18. zdrav

zdrav Member

We saw the same thing happen last year during the playoffs when Lin would only play a little (because he was injured), yet people blamed him for losing the series.

It's as if Lin is expected to be a star contributor without actually being given the respect of a star contributor.

19. TheresTheDagger

Explain how you know whether or not he drew up a good play.

Because you hate Mchale and just wanna b****?

Our best player shot up an uncontested 3 pointer to tie when we were down by 3. What else do you want?

20. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

everyone on this team thinks there are a PG.