1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 11/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2013.

1. New

Did not see that:) Yeah.. Lin really sucked tonight... Rockets need him to be aggressive. He needs to take back his spirit in Linsanity mode: Go strong to the basket even he did not succeed the first few times.

Lin now is like if he does not play well initially, he probably won't show up the whole night.

2. yummyhawtsauce

Can you tell me who the two Core players are?

Also where is Torocan I would like his perspective of the game.

3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

You think he is good in the post ? Please make a point to alert me on his production in the post as the season moves on. Would love to eat a ton of crow but won't.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Again if Dwight misses that game tying FT that harden did he would be getting crucified

5. thejav

thejav Member

another double digit lead lost..how many is that now?

6. SirKen

SirKen Member

Wait! Did anyone even doubt it?

7. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Ok yes, the defense was still not pretty :p
    Im just so excited about the beautiful offense tonight. One step at a time, no? :p
    Quite frankly I didnt even noticed Ellis got 37, damn.
    Once that chucking beast gets it going, it's tough to stop it.

My fellow LOFs asking about Jeremy's time.
    He bricked all shots minus 1 FT, just didnt have it in him tonight. Linvisible really.
    Well he did squeeze in 4 assists, I do like that our boy's had a handful of assist with no more than 1 TO the last 3 games though, woohoo.
    And also, today Parsons and James had a combined 19 assists to only 3 TOs.

8. New

I think our defensive scheme was bad tonight later in the game after the Mav adjusted. Tradition of this rocket: No plan if the opponent adjusts.

9. sweetlou08

sweetlou08 Member

plain n simple we lost because we don't play D. good night

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You're an fool if you give Lin a pass tonight. He was nothing but awful tonight. That doesn't mean he hasn't played brilliantly lately, but tonight he was awful. Giving him a pass is shameless, pathetic, LOF homerism.

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

He was Bev's main assignment, but you are right about the defensive rotations. Ellis scored on everybody, not just on Bev. I like Bev and I think he plays good most of the time. I don't think Bev was the reason we lost the game. I was just making a point how so many people b**** about Lin. If he was the main one guarding Ellis, and Ellis scored 37 points, many people would be all over his ass.

It's just ridiculous that anybody would put this loss on Lin. I think if Lin would have played more the ball would have moved better and we would have had a better chance of winning.

12. LeoX

LeoX Member

Ya the bench doesnt get a pass but most of the blame goes to mchale and the starters that ended the game. We still had the lead when the starters came back in. but the lack of defense and mainly trying to do isos at the end cost us this game. Dwight had that dumb tech and harden missed that free throw. monta had a field day with bev and harden at the end.

Lin didnt really get many good shots in this game. He had that airball and like 3 two second shots left due to over dribbling by harden then get the last second pass to lin which didnt go in tonight. Winds up getting cold offensively when playing with non -offensive lineup of asik garcia omri. Lin didnt get to really play much with the hotter starters so he remained pretty bad throughout.

13. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

Why can't mchale ever draw up a good play out of a time out?? With 8 seconds left, is that all you could draw up??

14. Chris Jent MVP

McHale likes Beverley because he is "hustle player"... most coaches will feel the same way, to reward the guy for giving 110%... McHale isn't such a bad coach (not great either)... I like Beverley too. But Lin needs the ball in his hands for this team to succeed.

Beverley for 6th man is what this team needs. And Asik trade.

15. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

In fact, please show me his success up to this point in the season.

16. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

I think if people want to rag on Lin, then at least make him a starter. But since he's coming off the bench now, blaming him is really just passing the buck.

17. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

How do you score 120 points and lose?? The rockets showed how to tonight

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

So you really think that DMo isn't a good post scorer?

You do know that DMo is white, Right?

19. TheresTheDagger

I gotta say...I'm already sick and tired of every team we play shooting lights out versus us in the 4th quarter.

Its uncanny. And that in turn picks up the defensive intensity of the other team which slows our roll.

Also, tweetville from the refs when we are about to blow the game open doesn't help.

Very frustrating game to watch.

20. bro2044

bro2044 Member

we had 11 TOs and lost

:(