1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 11/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2013.

1. DL24

DL24 Member

absolutely, does anyone have any legitimate theories about why mchale STILL doesn't trust/respect lin

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yeah...I corrected myself in the earlier post. Lin's game sucked tonight, but I was hoping Bev to give more output for playing 36 minutes......

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think the main reason the Rockets lost is because the stopped moving the ball in the second half.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Really a shame the Rockets laid a hot steaming turd in the fourth, because most of the game they were awesomely dominant. Mavs won the game, but I like our chances against them in a series. I think the Rockets are by far the better team.

5. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Good offense is nice but you don't win if you don't play defense. Hopefully the Rockets will finally start learning that lesson because of games like this. Wasted a pretty good game by Dwight. The offense also tightened up in the 4th quarter - they built the lead by moving the ball and finding guys open, but in the 4th they reverted to Heroball and the shots they made were lucky ones they forced in.

6. New

Or maybe you should check with your cable provider to make sure they give you good quality signal:grin:

7. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

This game was doomed in 3rd quarter.

McHale was playing starters way too much and tried to close the game in 3rd. With the exception of Monta no one else played over 33-34 minutes on Mavs.

Rox had 4 starters with over 36 minutes, with James at 42. Once Ellis got hot so did the rest of Mavs, and Rox was just that much slower, and their defense all but fell apart while Mavs locked it down.

If not for Mav's really clumsy TOs and badly timed 3pt fouls, Rox would have gotten maybe 10pts in 4th, and got blown out.

tl;dr - once again Rox couldn't close out due to tired legs. Starting to be a habit if you ask me.

8. RRockets

RRockets Member

To be exact, 8 pts lead at 09:17 when all the starters (including TJ) came in (101 : 93)

then at 8:56, Jones made a bucket, it went up to 103 : 93 (making ten pts lead )

9. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

ONLY Lin HATERS can blame losing a 10 point lead in the 4th with like 9 minutes left in the game on a guy that wasn't on the court. I doubt the starters were looking at Lin sitting on the bench saying it was his fault they lost the lead then the game. HATERS

10. nadman89

nadman89 Member

our defense was the reason we lost , guys gotta defend better to be a good team , but then again dallas were ridiculous and didnt miss a shot , its all good lets get that W on sat , imagine terrence jones defending KLOVE sweet jesus

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Nor should it have been tonight, he didn't make one shot from the field.

Exactly why this is so frustrating. When you outplay someone the whole game and lose, those losses will kill you when you're fighting for seeding 60-70 games in. Just a really sickening feeling.

Not gonna lie, I was pretty pissed at Chandler for missing that point blank layup at the end.

Well, assuming we trade Lin, there would be someone else in his place attempting to contribute.

About the game, just a disgusting loss. Was following the score most of the game on my phone, and we were up by double digits the whole time. Come home, and instead of watching from the begging on DVR like usual, I decided to watch the end of the game. The Mavericks proceeded to convert on 12 consecutive possessions. Are you f-ing kidding me?! We didn't play defense the whole game, it's really discouraging how little we give a crap about defense.

This game wasn't lost when James Harden missed the tying free throw, or the last second three. I knew 100% that we would lose when Chandler missed that point blank baseline layup w/ under a minute left. Even if James Harden makes the 2nd free throw, the Mavs had 9 second, you really think we could have gotten a stop on the other end to force overtime?? Yeah right lol.

Rockets always lose in Dallas. Always have, it seems like. It's a rare treat when we get a victory there. Had a feeling we were going to lose going in, so I'm not surprised at all. Still f-ing pissed though.

These games will kill us at the end of the season, and may be the difference between getting home court advantage or not.

12. Peaceful Elbow

It's funny how Lin have made big contribution to the team since the beginning of the season, yet still get treated like a scrub. I hope he gets traded so he doesn't play under for the like of McHale.

1 person likes this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So the Rockets say they want home court advantage in the playoffs and that's one of their goals, but consistently take the foot off the pedal in the 4th and choke away lead after lead?

Hmm...not sure that'll get you to reach your goals, Houston...

14. nadman89

nadman89 Member

cant blame lin for this one we were up 9 with 5 mins left and he wasnt part of anything , just terrible defense , a missed ft and a stupid technical

1 person likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They are getting better every game. It is early in the season, so you should continue to hear that talk.

No one really knows who is going to be what at this point. Most of the West is bunched up right now.

Do you think this is the BEST the Rockets have played? I think it is pretty clear they can play A LOT better than they have so far.

16. mikster

mikster Rookie

I damn right give him a pass tonight. We were up by 8 with 9mins when Lin was sent to the bench ...McHale had all his strong guns starter out on the floor and lost.

17. bws

bws Member

Parsons played great. Jones played very, very well. Parsons had 11 assists and shot very efficiently 7-10 for 21. Jones played a strong game with 18. Bev had some good moments, played pretty well. Howard had a monster game, got stupid with that one stint but played great. Harden had issues. His stats are OK but not his overall game. Lin was absent. So 2 core players had issues. At times Casspi tried to do too much but contributed. Garcia was dreadful again. Asik was not good, not in any way. No one had over 2 TOs so maybe turnovers aren't that big a deal.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

What games have you been watching???

19. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Agreed. This game sucked as much as the 76ers game. Howard/Lin played their butts of per their respective games but still come out short.

20. trock

trock Member

Nah, the kid was way off tonight. He didn't deserve more than 17 mins. No energy, no nothing. Not blaming him for the loss, but he certainly was no help. Starters looked good offensively for most of the game, but defense was bad all night. Mavs stayed close enough to make a run and Ellis and Dirk went off in the 4th. Rockets caved as the pressure mounted. They need more seasoning. Everything got tight and offense just halted. Young team kind of loss.