1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] Trade Fits for Omer Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Trade for Ilyasova or a draft pick

2. Fighton

Fighton Member

melo takes 20-25 shots a game. where are harden and dwight gonna get their shots? and no, asik does not do the same thing as chandler. chandler is one of the best finishers. asik can't even catch the ball.

still think the best fit would be millsap. we need another defender next to dwight and another rebounder. i don't care if he takes only 18ft jumpers. we have enough 3 pt shooter in the starting lineup with bev, harden, and parsons. if millsap can sink his little 18 footers at 55% and frees up a little room for dwight, that's totally fine. his 18 footers will only make up for a small percentage of the overall shot attempts by the team anyway.

3. Play07

Play07 Member

jones is a "middle class" Ersan...

4. kakaman

kakaman Member

Dwight is taking a lot fewer shots than he did in Orlando because he's playing with elite offensive players. Harden played with Durant, I'm sure he can adjust as well. It is a recipe for success, elite 2,4 and 5. I don't think anyone in the West can match up with that.

5. Raven

Raven Member

I think the Knicks are so mad at Morey that they'd rather lose Carmelo for nothing than trade with him.

6. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

I don't think Melo and Harden can be on the same team, actually I don't think Melo and any other scorer can be on the same team....

7. Raven

Raven Member

Then New Orleans is on crack (which would explain their new name), and Morey can "settle" for Millsap who just happens to be everything we need - plus, his contract ends after next season.

8. Nero

Nero Member

After seeing how the combination of D-Mo + Jones is starting to grow pretty quickly and well.. personally it seems that there is less and less of a sense of urgency to move Asik.

ESPECIALLY since we still don't know how well or long Dwight is going to hold up.

I think the best best is to just sit tight, and let the offers become better and better, hopefully we can end up with some crummy team's unprotected 1st-rd pick.

This will give us the luxury of having a very capable backup for Howard, should his injuries resurface, as well as letting us keep Asik at the 5 and letting Jones and D-Mo grow.

As long as Omer keeps his head screwed on straight, then there is absolutely no reason to rush on this thing.

9. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

I WOULD LOVE JEFF GREEN but i love what im seeing from TJones right now!

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

NY should be telling Carmelo that they want him out. He is killing them with his chucking.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ersan is a homeless Jones. Primed for stomping.:grin:

1 person likes this.
  12. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Dwight
    Jones
    Melo
    Harden
    Bev

Thats a contender in my opinion, people act like Melo would get here and take all the shots, How did that work out for Boston and Miami? Thing is when superstars play with other superstars they don't mind taking less shot, because there getting a lot more open shots.. U can't double team Howard, Melo, and Harden at the same time... if u have a chance to get Melo, for Asik, Parsons, Lin.. u do it 10 times out of 10

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think that's really the comparison. But again, who exactly is does Jones remind us of?

14. kakaman

kakaman Member

Did you see how bad KD looked without Westbrook? That's Melo every single night. He would look ridiculously good with the talent Houston has.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As for the article, i am leaning towards getting a pick and waiting it out. This is a pretty good team now. Just wait until they gel completely.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

But he would make the team look ridiculously bad. He is a habitual chucker. That's all. He would not fit with Harden or Lin.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Not that the Knicks would do it, but Morey has pursued Melo before.

18. kakaman

kakaman Member

First of all, no way Houston can get Melo without giving up Lin, so that solves that issue. Secondly, did you see Melo's play during the Olympics? When he's surrounded by talent that is on his level, he can look ridiculously good.

Let me ask you, how good would Harden look with this roster?

PG: Felton
    SG: Harden
    SF: MWP/Shumpert
    PF: Bargnani/Amare
    C: Chandler

Chances are, he would look terrible. That team is just garbage with a garbage coach. The only player in the NBA who can take that team to the finals is Lebron James. That's it.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats cause the stars on boston miami are unselfish players. Melo on the other hand is selfish when it comes to playing the game

20. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i want an unprotected 1st for next years draft.

none of these dudes excite me that much over what i am seeing from Jones.

Jones's ability to finish around the rim has me smiling ear to ear.