1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks ready to scapegoat Woodson and chase Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Nov 12, 2013.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Melo going to LA is going to be interesting lol

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That would just be weird. Not saying I doubt SAS's sources or whatever, but it would be weird to force a trade to the Knicks, discover that they are a poorly run organization, and then leave for the Lakers, who have also become a poorly run organization.

3. xiki

xiki Member

First, it is November. Not April. Or July.

Second, Melo's agency? Oh, yeah, same agency as the coach and the arena.

Finally, Melo the Laker? The 2nd of the biggest of the big franchises for which CA does not float a Parade! How's that for a legacy?!!

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Melo reunited with D'Antoni?

5. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

This is why Melo will NEVER be great. He doesn't make anyone around him better.

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

Making the east even crappier if melo joins kirby. At least 3/4 of the lottery picks from this draft will be heading their

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If Melo does go to LA I wonder who would take the most shots Melo or Kobe?

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

Battle of LA?

Lob city vs Chuck city

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Knicks are so horrible and they don't ever have a draft pick to reward their horrible seasons. I know the 2014 pick is because of Melo so it was worth it...but it is just horrible luck now.

They could completely suck and not get a pick for it because I'm guessing their 2014 pick is unprotected...

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Melo & Kobe on the court at the same time.... That's better than reality TV.

NY better learn from the Lakers & Dwight last year and trade his arse before he walks.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Is history repeating itself in NY? Is this Thomas x2?

Knicks are screwed. The team is going to be garbage for years if Melo bolts. At best they are mediocre if he stays. They did such an awful job putting a "big 3" together.

I find it funny because I can't stand the Knicks. No idea why they're popular, or why I see their hats here in Houston. Garbage franchise.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Blow it up! (Yeah, they're kind stuck.)

Can the Knicks be fixed?

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Chandler not playing (hurt) and Amare not being effectively able to (injury laden) is the bigger story I think.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Struggling Knicks' biggest loss might be Carmelo Anthony in offseason

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Melo leaves AND is serious about winning, don't be surprised if he ends up in Miami with LeBron instead of LA with Kobe.

I still think he will stay with the Knicks because of $130 million guaranteed.

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Does NY have money to sign a another big player or no?

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Melo made his own bed. When he tried to force his way to NY, I knew he didn't care about winning. The Knicks were worse than Denver. He just wanted a glamorous stage.

18. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

The Knicks have constantly said that they need to get Melo more help, but they haven't figured out that he doesn't actually want it. Melo would rather put up huge numbers and have the team lose, than share spotlight with someone else. If the Knicks exit in the 1st round again (if they even make the playoffs at all), he's gone for sure. Sure, he might come back at the end of his career and retire a Knick... which is probably what he meant when he said it.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

How in the world would he end up in Miami?? Bosh or Wade would have to exercise their ETO option and risk free agency. Maybe both of those guys could still get a max deal elsewhere, but what are the chances they could still make max money and stay with the Heat & Lebron? Bosh and Wade are staying if Lebron is staying.

If NY tried to trade Melo to Miami out of courtesy, Bosh has the ability to leave NY this Summer, and leave them with nothing. I dont really see anyway Melo could ever end up in Miami.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Not sure that's incredibly fair. Remember this was right after the Miami superfriends situation, and there was a good chance that NY was going to be able to bring in not just Melo with Amare, but CP3 as well. The Knicks opted to sign Chandler over waiting for another free agent later on, and it just never worked out. On paper when Melo forced himself out of Denver to the Knicks, on paper it looked like a powerful trio could be formed. Amare's knees broke down, CP3 went to LA, and the rest is history. Melo is stuck holding the bag and the blame.