1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. jms99

jms99 Member

Asik for Nowitzki

Asik for Nowitzki. I heard this rumor from a friend. I don't think so... but that would be awesome.

2. DarkZork

DarkZork New Member

Asik for Olynyk

Asik for Olynyk. I think that this deal will work for both sides. Boston is in need of a Center since KG left, they usually just play Bass and Olynyk as C and they need a proper C

We are currently in need of a stretch 4 who can shot 3. Olynyk looks like a good fit for us too.

I know celtics probably dont want to lose olynyk as he has higher value than asik, and also the math doesnt really work out as olynyk is on rookie contract and asik has quite a high salary.

Maybe we could trade Asik, Brooks and a 2015 first round top 14 protected for Olynyk and Humphries (to balance out the salary)

Humphries has only like one year left on his contract so it wouldnt be much of a burden :)

3. omgTHEpotential

Sorry, that's a bad trade. Olynyk is even newer to the NBA than T-Jones & D-Mo. The fact that he got to play big minutes for a scrub team doesn't mean he'd be ready to contribute for the Rockets. Both of our PF prospects have much more experience (especially D-Mo who played professional basketball since age 17) and are actually producing when given the chance. We'd be essentially losing Asik without fixing any of our problems.

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'm warming up to Ilyasova. C'mon, Murray, git'rdone!

5. uncarved

uncarved Member

Would never happen, but Asik + Parsons for Ibaka.

An Ibaka + Howard frontcourt would be block city defensively, and Ibaka has a great midrange + corner 3 game to space the floor.

Parsons would have to be in there to sweeten the deal for OKC, don't think they would be interested in any of our PF projects. But I don't think there'd be a huge dropoff for the Rockets to go from Parsons to a Casspi/Garcia platoon at the SF position either.

Houston gets a core of Harden/Ibaka/Howard and OKC gets a starting lineup of Westbrook/Sefolosha/Parsons/Durant/Asik and never has to see Perkins on the floor again with Adams developing as Asik's backup.

6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Ersan and Henson for Asik and Dmo

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I'd be down with Ibaka, even throw in DMo or someone else.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

NONONO so OKC have

Westbrook
    Sef
    Parsons
    Durant
    Asik

My god that's a superteam and a half

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

Asik needs to be sent to Siberia.
    Somewhere like UT, MIL or WA. I know it's about what you can get in return. But you can't take a guy who's pouting about not getting as much PT as he would like, and send him off to a contender. That's just plain wrong.
    Wanna complain and pout and refuse to play? Say hello to Coach Witten (WIZ).
    You just can't reward guys for throwing a tantrum.

That's why Ilyasova would make so much sense. Send Asik to MIL. Let him have fun there. Ilyasova would be a nice asset for us to pick up.

10. Deniz

Deniz Member

No, he will send to NYK :grin:

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Three team trade of Asik to land Luol Deng from Chicago
    Parsons and Jones for Greg Monroe

Bev/Lin
    Harden/Lin
    Deng/Cisco
    Monroe/DMo
    Dwight/DMo

12. Remii

Remii Member

You do know D-Mo played professional in Europe... That's not the NBA. I would take Kelly all day and twice on Sunday.... The Rockets are not winning a championship this year... He would be an excellent piece to add... But I think that's a player Boston is going to hold on to...

13. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Something with the base of this:

DETROIT GET: Chandler Parsons, Wesley Matthews
    HOUSTON GET: Greg Monroe, Rodney Stuckey ($8 mil expiring)
    PORTLAND GET: Omer Asik

Picks and smaller assets to be distributed accordingly.

I say sell Chandler while the value is high (and before we have to pay him the big bucks), and this might be a good time for that.

Detroit's 3-big lineup is a failing like our 2-center lineup so we might as well work together to fix that. Chandler at the 3 Smoove at the 4 in Detroit. Monroe can pass, and is a very skilled power forward that could fit next to Dwight.

Just saying: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ViPqWsdc18o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

That makes no sense for Chicago.

Parsons+Jones for Monroe is interesting. Monroe isn't a good fit for either team, and Parsons is a good fit for both teams. Monroe is a better player though. I don't know what happens with this deal, do both teams like it, one of them, or neither.

15. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

16. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

To Atlanta: Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons

To Houston: Al Horford, Kyle Korver, Shelvin Mack, 2014 1st

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

That's a solid offer, if they do make him available. But in general in the NBA a dollar > four quarters. A star > several lesser players and late picks. No good reason to trade him right now.

18. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Whatever scenario needs to include Lin. He is not staying in Houston as he is not happy (though he is much better at not showing it than Omer).

1 person likes this.
  19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

detroit is not going to trade monroe. outside of monroe, their big men can't shoot to save their lives

20. Tushies

Tushies Member

Lin is happy here and doesn't care whether he is the 6th man or starter... Asik is different on the other hand.