1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin 50-40-90 club watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Nov 15, 2013.

1. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Amazing start by Lin so far this season. I am both impressed and surprised. That said, I don't think he will be there for any of the categories by the end of the season.

Still, this is a good thread and it is in the realm of possibilities. And the fact that it is in the realm of possibilities is awesome for Lin and the Rockets.

If he does in fact get there, then he will have become an all NBA caliber player. You combine that level of shooting with his penetrating abilities, and you have an all star type guy right there. And I think that he may be even near the 90/50/40 club means he is exceeding expectations and that the "trade Jeremy" talk should end.

Jeremy off the bench has been a huge success in the small sample size so far.

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Perhaps if he has barg and hawes as defence rim protecters every game he could get it?

3. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

It's pretty special that we can have our three best perimeter threats to be ultra efficient! Harden is a couple seasons away from 49/39/86. Parsons last year was a 49/39/72 and I think he foul shooting has gotten better and now Jeremy can be around 48/39/80. That's really something!

4. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Maybe if he always plays with confidence and enough PT, still it won't be easy

Oh this is one of your predictions? :grin:

5. yummyhawtsauce

This is more realistic. but he can definitely work towards the 50 40 90 club, which is not bad at all!

Who are current members of that club? Nash? KD? Dirk?

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Lin could make 50 consecutive free throws and still only be at 89.7%.

7. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

"To qualify, a player has to make over 300 FGs, 55 3FGs and 125 FTs."

So a serious question here. So if a player let's say makes 300+ FGs, 55+ 3FGs and 124 FTs, does he not make it or is there a little leeway to this prerequisite??

8. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

The boy works hard. I'm rooting for him. We all see improvement. He has smashed every urban legend from from LOH and critics except for the to's. I was impressed last night at the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th qtrs with a man in his face.
    Would have never thought he'd tie big shot BOB with 9 3's.
    I think his best is yet to come. This is going to be exciting.
    We going to have to call him "J LIN BANG3!!!"

9. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Those are achievable, except the FT. He has been shooting close to 40% on threes since last ASB, and with him going to basket more as a primary scoring off the bench, I think he can get 50% FG.
    But FT? I'll be happy if he can get up to 85%.

#29 daoshi, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  10. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

I disagree with you on one thing, Lin plays very well this year. His hard working during the summer is paying off. It has nothing to do with playing off the bench. JLin is making the best out of this situation.

11. choujie

choujie Member

Way too early to make this kind of threads. Frankly I don't think 90% FT shooting is achievable for Lin, at least this season.

12. LAC

LAC Member

Oh boy, even our prophet is getting crazy now?
    I guess this is what Jeremy Lin does to most people.

13. Gil

Gil Member

Is is a terrible FT shooter.

I do think 50/40 is possible though.

14. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

I hope folks aren't setting expectations too high....

Lin will eventually have a bumpy run of games (just like Harden, Howard, Cisco, Parsons, Beverley and others have had / are having).

When that time comes, do not come screaming that he is inconsistent or he is incapable of becoming a star or expectations aren't being met or coaches and other players are holding him back or that he is A Joke or something like that.

Take things slow and steady folks. 10 games do not make a season.

And seriously, stop jinxing him! :(

15. catch22

catch22 Member

10 game is not large sample size but it is not small either. just let this guy play without all the starting / non-starting, trade him / don't trade him crap, i believe he can do better

16. conquistador#11

can you imagine the level of excitement if the team is playing +.696 basketball and lin is still averaging close to those numbers in January? Every girl with a tattoo, every foreigner and every first born will be voting him for the allstar. And it would actually be well deserved.

And so far, last year he would have his worst performance on back to backs. this year, he has bounced back nicely.

No jinx. knock on wood.

17. SunsRocketsfan

yup don't think he can make 90% FT's His FG% he can help with his driving and layups. Definitely looks like he worked on his 3pt shot but 90% FT's is very very hard to do and only a handful of players can shoot that percentage in a game. Lin is a good FT shooter but not a exceptional one.

18. torocan

torocan Member

Lol. 80% isn't Harden (85%), but it's pretty darn far from terrible.

19. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

We could have harden dwight and lin all starting in a stacked west..

My body is ready

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Seriously!