1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lowry has free reigns at the Raps and is still not able to impose himself.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fpcm_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26sum%3D0%26p1%3Dlowryky01%26y1%3D2014%26p2%3Dlinje01%26y2%3D2014&div=div_per_game"></script>

Lin is better in almost every category. Granted turnovers are a bit higher but that is because some of our players mainly Asik can't catch and it counts as a TO. And Lin is 2 years younger.

Dragic is a fair comparison but he has not played much this season.

Lin > Dragic >>> Lowry

2. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

every other player above him shoots the ball about 15 times a game or above

Lin avg. 11 shots

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I have seen all of them extensively over multiple seasons, I don't need your seven game sample size stats to know who is better.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

Yes. because comparing Lin who is in his 2nd full season to Lowry and Dragic who have had multiple seasons is a more accurate measure.

I wonder where Lowry was in his 2nd season.

5. jms99

jms99 Member

to be fair, all of them can improve by leaps and bounds any given off season.

6. langal

langal Contributing Member

Who watches Raptor games regularly?

"extensively over multiple seasons" ?!?

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I have seen them all extensively over multiple seasons also.

While I liked both Lowry and Dragic, I would have to say Lin is the better of the three. I was mad when we got rid of both Lowry and Dragic , and I wasn't happy with the Lin signing. I have watched Lin very close ever since he has been here because I was critical of the signing. Again I think Morey made the right decision by going with Lin, but it's not like Lowry and Dragic are scrubs either.

8. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

What is the point of this thread again? Who really cares about compairing Lowry/Dragic/Lin? This thread is the epitome of "a rock and a hard place".

Please let this this die in the dark corners of the forum.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

Huh? Why are you quoting me? I'm not the one who made that comment

10. Jimmy Chitwood

I understand that Jeremy is better statistically, but I still miss The Dragon :(

11. grauser01

grauser01 Member

Lin seems to be a very hard worker. I think he is at the beginning of his development and can become much better than now. He is elite in driving to the rim and drawing fouls.
    In this season he shows us that he can drive left and shoot the 3pters. He has improved his defense.

I am sure he is aware of his weaknesses and he will overcome these.

He can become a better defender, a better decision maker and get better ball handlings.

But even at this state Lin is clearly one of the best 15 PGs in this league.

Other players do their homework in the offseason, too, but I think that Lin really improves if he works hard.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Morey made the decision to go with Dragic which was the right choice, but he walked to Phoenix instead. Lin was a backup plan.

Until Lin stops being a liability on the defensive end, Lowry and Dragic are superior players.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

Quit being a hypocrite and trying to justify what you say based on the situation.

Yesterday you gave Harden a pass when compared to Paul George despite Harden being a total negative and a bigger liability on defense and today your tune changes.

14. grauser01

grauser01 Member

He shouldn't be so stubborn. He is still the no.1 center but he will become a joke if he still wants to show the world that he is the successor of Dream.
    That doesn't mean that he shouldn't post up but he should do more different things!

He can add two simple things:

PnR and Post-Up with passing to the shooters (his assists will increase dramatically!)

But the same thing over and over again ...

15. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I don't think that Lowry and Dragic are scrubs either but they have seem to constantly be hurt and battling injuries (especially this season). Now that could be a fluke/coincidence or it could be because they're wearing down already. At the end of the day. I'm glad we have Lin over either of them at this point.

16. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You're right about Dragic choosing the Suns.

I don't think Lin is a bad defender, but I don't think he is equal with Lowry either. I think he gets a bad rap some times. The sixers games for example, people acting like Anderson went off for 36 points on Lin and that wasn't the case at all.

Below is copied from a post I made in the sixers game thread.

Maybe you should go back and look at the game. Lin did have some faults in the game, I'm not a LOF but he really didn't have a bad defensive game.

Anderson scored 36 point but he only scored 24 on Lin. At the end of the game Lin had to foul Anderson to stop the clock, that was 2 points so now your down to 22. There was a fast break where nobody got back except for Lin, he had to cover the guy under the basket until somebody got back then he ran out at Anderson, but he hit a 3. That was not Lin's fault, your down to 19 points.

Lin played good D on Anderson all night except for the first two drives of the game, Anderson got by Lin an scored 4 points on those two drives. Besides that Lin played good D and was in Anderson's face, Anderson was just hitting tough shots and had a great night.

17. nono

nono Member

You say as if Dragic and Lowry are lockdown defenders. Dragic is just as bad as Lin, if not worse. Lowry is better, but he isn't a great defender himself.

18. conquistador#11

I wish some posters would take their own advice from their created threads.
    why is so difficult to cheer for our own ROCKET? It's not like lin is playing for the knicks, where I disliked him a lot.

19. pnr

pnr Member

Bledsoe has had more impact on the Suns through the first 10 games than Dragic had all last season, and that's without Scola and Gortat. Pretty impressive.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

I agree. Dragic is good but over-rated just like Lowry. They both had free reigns as pretty much the number go to guy (until Raps got Gay) and did just ok