1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

I would make that deal.

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It's a solid idea but it depends on the Celtics looking to move Rondo for parts. Unless he asks for trade or causes huge locker room issues... i don't know why i'd move him.

3. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I'd love for the Rockets to get in on those Faried rumors. He may not have that 3 ball, but his mid-range game is strong enough. His game is perfect for cleaning the defensive glass behind Howard. Their overall games compliment one another perfectly on that side of the ball.

Ryan Anderson still seems to make the most sense though. It benefits both teams from a personnel standpoint. An Asik/Davis frontcourt is frightening, and they compliment one another on both sides of the ball.

4. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

faried has NO mid range game whatsoever!

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Asik for Amir Johnson, Terrence Ross and a pick?

gives us that 'long' defensive 4/5 off the bench (Johnson), who can start if required. Ross gives us a nice athlete who can shoot and defend at the 2/3, who is currently stuck behind lots of guys in Toronto. And a pick could be anything.

Toronto like Valanciunus though - so not sure why they would do this.
    Not really sure why we'd do it either, probably could snag a better deal - but hey, it's the random trade ideas thread isn't it?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How about

Asik for Bargnani?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

And when Chandler comes back, Omer will demand another trade.

Even though he **** on the Rockets tonight, pass on Bargnani.

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Okay, I have to.

Rockets and Denver (McGee just went down and they have made some BAD moves the past 12 months.)

Rockets out: Asik
    Rockets In: Wilson Chandler or Gallanari and Nate Robinson.

They are currently three deep at the PG and NEED a center. Asik is actually an upgrade at C and without Karl as their coach, McGee has not been as effective. They need a smart C and a hungry C.

Rockets and Boston

Rockets Out: Lin/Tjones/First and Second round pick
    Rockets In: Rondo and Green.

Lin really is one of the few guys that makes absolute sense for Boston. He does not get them in the playoffs or anything. Actually, he might only help them win about 3-6 more games. But, they will win and lose games with a lot of excitement. Lin will go off occasionally. He also went to Harvard. They get to lose AND sell lots of tickets while unloading Green and moving on from the Celtics big four era (which will happen this year before deadline).

Our starting lineup is:

Rondo/Harden/Chandler/Green/Dwight <--- elite defenders for the parkers/westbrooks/cps and Durants and dominate offensive players for the other positions

Beverley or Nate/Brooks/Garcia or Brooks/Chandler or Garcia/Omri or Dmo/Greg Smith

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Asik, Lin, and a pick for Ty Lawson and Wilson Chandler.

10. jogo

jogo Member

Rockets out-Asik, Dmo

Tor out-Amir Johnson, Ross/Acy

We get a starting PF and a SF who might be able to play D

Tor moves Val to PF, gets Asik and Dmo

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

lin and asik for a dominant PF.

12. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

13. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

After hearing about the Asik "demand" this time around I started dreaming of an ideal target with dreaming being the main part. I think Kevin Love would be the perfect compliment to Dwight. The guy is a monster and his can stretch the floor when needed. I hope Minny collapses and looks to move him near deadline (which even if they did I doubt they'd cut ties with Love with him being under contract through 2014). If that happened it'd have to be a three team deal due to Pekovic anchoring C position.

Atlanta:

In - Asik & Motiejunas
    Out - Millsap & Jenkins

Houston:

In - Love & Jenkins
    Out - Asik, Motiejunas, Parsons

Minnesota:

In - Millsap, Parsons, and Picks from Atlanta & Houston
    Out - Love

Fantasyland Lineup :p:

C - Howard/Love (small lineup)/Smith
    PF - Love/Jones/Smith
    SF - Casspi/Garcia/Brewer
    SG - Harden/Garcia/Jenkins
    PG - Beverly/Lin/Brooks/Canaan

14. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

This is the best trade I seen in a long time.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

They are trying to tank that's why they would move him

16. omgTHEpotential

Never going to happen. Val is a natural C and will be a solid two-way player in his prime, he's their future center. It makes no sense to bring in an expensive C who will want starter minutes and deprive their young star of playing time.

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Whatever Houston does, please don't trade Lin before the December 15 game....I got tickets and driving several hours for my court side seats.:(

18. verysimplejason

So you want Rondo as your spot-up shooter? How about his ego clashing with Dwight and Harden? If you want a better trade, you'll have to look it somewhere. Kevin Love comes to mind...

19. verysimplejason

If Rockets gonna move JLin and Asik, they should at least get somebody who can create his own shot and a PF who can shoot the 3 and defend.

20. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Serge Ibaka?