1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Nov 14, 2013.

Tags:
?

How should the Rockets handle Omer Asik's trade request?

1. Trade him ASAP for whatever they can get.

113 vote(s)
    16.6%
  2. Trade him, but wait until the trade deadline to see if something big shakes out

510 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Don't trade him at all

57 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. eman

eman Contributing Member

I hope you are right!

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LMFAO Asik has no shame

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

asik played really disinterested in those 4min of PT yesterday -- maybe DM already had something in the works

and today's trade request is just asik's agent putting pressure on DM to finish a deal

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

How would you feel if someone took your job like that, still doesn't mean its right thing to do.

5. Asian Sensation

It's already in the works.

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Wait a minute. Did Omer send out a tweet? Did he make a comment on his Facebook page? I'm not aware that he made anything public. Maybe he did make his request in private but the leak came from someone in the Rockets organization. Don't blame Omer when you don't know the facts.

7. Mr. Space City

i'd love for someone to take my job while i still get paid millions for sitting on the bench :grin:

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

The best center in the game took your job.

You're getting paid $25 million by HOU after you were averaging like 4 and 4.

Do your job.

9. Asian Sensation

Get paid to not work? Eric Dampier approves.

10. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Smart analysis. Could be coming to the wire in the next couple days.

Interesting...

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

True but maybe hes mad at the situation. He can hit ft. In his mind he must be thinking he is not TOO far from Dwight's impact (offensively) so to him it is unfair.

12. nono

nono Member

We won't get any good value for him now. This is obvious, otherwise he'd have been traded by now. Morey made a big mistake.

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Not true, they wanted to test out TT most likely.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The one thing he can be blamed for is his on the court effort.
    To be fair, I can certainly understand the motivation to "half-ass" it a bit. I might even do the same. Nonetheless, he certainly appears to be not trying as hard as he could to make it work... and that does no one any favors.

1 person likes this.
  15. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Asik is great in D and rebounds, but he really sucks in offense and catching the ball. If he could shoot long to mid range, then maybe he can do something, but the guy can't even catch and dunk with his height.

QUOTE=pakattak;8419943]Ungrateful?! If I was in Asik's position I'd do the same thing, honestly. A big man of his caliber can't be wasting his best years sitting on the bench.[/QUOTE]

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

This makes me sad... I wanted Asik and DH to be like the Great Wall of defense with one of each constantly on the court :(

1 person likes this.
  17. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Is there any video of him "half-assing" it? Maybe even side by side with a video of his full ass to compare?

18. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I think Omer should just play and shut up about trade demands. Its not like he is an all-star. He just came off a good year but he wasn't phenomenal, specially on offense. How many times has the ball slipped right thru his fingers or hands and how many time he miss a dunk or doesn't finish a lay up at point blank. He is a great guy. I liked him a lot and his attitude last year. No complains just work and do ur thing. But it's pretty crappy that he can't just wait till the Rox have something or a good trade for him and the team.

He is still getting pay no matter what. No matter if he gets 5 or 1 min or none he is still getting paid a ton. We gave him a chance, well the Rockets org did. He could at least be grateful and play with effort and if we find something good for us and for him thats good. I'm really disappointed on Omer.

Yeah u lost ur starting job but u got paid get some big boy pants and deal with it. Jeremy did and he had to deal with adversity last season when he wasn't playing so well. At least Lin got a hype during Linsanity and showed something. Still people say he got over paid. Omer was a big question. I never doubted Morey and liked the sign but who would have paid him what we did. He would have gotten probably less. And without the poison pill he would have stayed in Chicago. People were saying we over paid two players and Omer was a big question.

I wish he would have at least try. Dwight and Omer could have been a great duo but It never worked. Hope he at least plays and reflects on things. Just at least so people see he is a good player.
    People will question him if he gets traded and doesn't perform well. He fitted well last year with our kind of play but perhaps he wont fit for every style of play or idk. He should just be quiet and work.

is Omer doing the Dwightmare now with us? Omermare? Omerightmare?!
    At least Dwight had game and he took a team to the finals what has Omer done.

19. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Maybe it's the cold weather in mid-November. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt, everyone deserves that.

20. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

ClutchFans @clutchfans
    Hopefully just a 1 gm absence. RT @seandeveney: Kevin McHale says Omer Asik told him he was not feeling well today and that led to the DNP.