1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Nov 14, 2013.

Tags:
?

How should the Rockets handle Omer Asik's trade request?

1. Trade him ASAP for whatever they can get.

113 vote(s)
    16.6%
  2. Trade him, but wait until the trade deadline to see if something big shakes out

510 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Don't trade him at all

57 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I thought he should have gotten more pt tonight. Why not have him play when hack a Dwight is going on but you still need that defensive presence. Now i respect him wanting to play, but i hate when players start asking for a trade.

2. Raven

Raven Member

I'd like a four that can shoot and pass and defend. ;)

3. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

There Should Be A Sense of Urgency Now for Daryl Morey to Move Omer Asik

Omer Asik plays 4 minutes yesterday at Philly, plays 0 minutes tonight.

The writing is on the wall that Morey will have to now make a move and he better not wait till the trade deadline because the games before the trade deadline are priceless and can affect our future seeding for the playoffs.

Omer looked absolutely pissed sitting next to howard tonight at the game. (Someone please post that pic)

I love Omer Asik he puts his head down and plays hard and does not complain and it is obvious this TT lineup is not going to work and the Rockets realize this as well now. I feel bad for him though because he didn't deserve to play zero minutes. Bad Omen they sub Howard with Greg Smith and he gets hurt in his first minute.

But Daryl Morey cannot have a 25 million dollar man sitting on the bench and playing zero minutes with no apparent change in sight. He must make a move now ASAP and get the best player available there really is no time to strategically position ourselves to get the superstar. Morey gambled it didn't work and now we need to make a move and if we don't until the trade deadline it will be to the detriment of the season.

Morey Get er Done Now!

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Morey won't blink. Hes had to deal with malcontents before. He'll work some magic as usual

1 person likes this.
  5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Only reason Asik hasn't played last 2 games is because we have had to deal with 2 3 pt shooting centers.

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So what is a realistic trade? Whats in the rumors right now?
    (Don't tell me what you wish)

7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

He spent the beginning of his career doing that. I doubt he wants to have a career regression.

8. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

If he is not refusing to play how do you not play him at all? He's got his uniform on, I just don't understand it. It wouldn't make sense to purposely hurt his own trade value by playing bad if he truly wants out.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Something is in the works, and someone went public in order to put more pressure on Morey to accept what's on the table?

10. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I think Morey has something cooking, that we just don't know about.

We are always blind sided by Morey-Trades. We were blind sided by the Harden trade, TROB trade, and didn't he do the Artest trade?

I think he is a top 3 GM and he knows what he's doing. Let him work

11. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

I don't think so. Did you see Asik face tonight? Plus in the wake of the report of him asking for trade. It's done.

He is not happy.

He is just to valuable of an asset to have sitting on the bench with zero minutes and we have nothing in return for that.

12. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

The problem is, a "sense of urgency" does not benefit us. Other teams are watching and the more desperate we get, the lower the offers we're going to get. It's in our favor for Asik to play as well as possible, and the best trade offers are going to come trade deadline time when teams shooting for the playoffs are desperate to bolster their front lines, and when teams who have lost a real shot at the playoffs go into full tank mode.

If Morey should feel a sense of urgency now, it's to placate Asik and find a way for him to contribute to this team.

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've said it many times. It makes more sense to trade Howard than to trade Asik. But it will never happen.

1 person likes this.
  15. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

He wouldn't have done any worse than Howard.

16. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

17. DL24

DL24 Member

so...anthony davis? lol

18. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Trading Asik in a rush is NOT Morey's style. Morey's too smart and too prudent to follow some fans' knee-jerk reactions.

Come playoff time, I want our basket protected for all 48 minutes and beyond. Asik is the perfect D12 insurance.

And if we really gonna trade him, gotta trade for a PF with a mid-range game and can set good screens, like Yao thinks.

19. Mariachi ROCKET

He needs to stop crying like a Bia!
    He's that annoying girl that wants the D all the time but I only call when I'm drunk or high...

20. thumps

thumps Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kevin McHale says Omer Asik told him he was not feeling well today snd that led to the DNP.</p>&mdash; Sean Deveney (@SeanDeveney) <a href="https://twitter.com/SeanDeveney/statuses/401203950323777536">November 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So now Omer is pulling a McGrady-esque move of sitting out bc he's not happy.

Sorry Omer, you're good, but not that good. What did the ego on this guy come from?