1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need Rajon Rondo!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Nov 14, 2013.

1. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

You think Harden is the same guy he was then?

His head is inflated by 100x here in Houston.

He was never a ball hog/dribble out the shot clock/iso guy in OKC.

Now that he's the "top dog" he's playing hero ball.

I really doubt he'd defer to Rondo at this point.

2. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Oh yeah trade Lin for Rondo. While we are at it Parsons is not doing well let's get LeBron. We don't have a PF let's get Love! Add the whole bench and all our picks to make up the differences.

Rockets will remain undefeated for the rest of the season and clean sweep the Championship with these 5 starters!

3. Remii

Remii Member

First off _ I DON'T WON'T RONDO... I made that statement in reference to Harden and Lin.

Secondly _ Houston doesn't have Durant and Westbrook and if you think the guys on this team Harden is playing with is equivalent to them _ you're crazy... Man those dudes just got beat by Philly and two no name backcourt guys straight up outplayed Lin and Bev... Beat them in every category.

But if Lin is going to step his game up like he's been doing _ Harden will give him the ball... Last year when Lin got hot against OKC _ Harden zeroed in on him and didn't won't to pass the ball to no one else but Lin... Lin took 22 shots that game and Harden took 19... I think it's more about Lin disappearing than it is about Harden and the game against Philly proved that because Lin didn't totally dominate the ball that game either.

Oh and by the way _ hero's with the ball win championships. What NBA have you been watching. I want Harden and Lin to play hero ball together because offensively the other guys on this team aren't that good... And the Rockets may would have beat Philly last night if Lin played a lil more hero ball... All that ball movement did nothing but get them beat...Lol..

4. basketballholic

Just a couple points about Rondo and our team:

1. Rondo is a bad free throw shooter....but Rondo makes sure he doesn't shoot a lot of free throws. Look at his free throw count guys. Teams can't chase him down, catch him and hack him. He's too fast, too quick, and most of all too smart.

2. The biggest problem on this team right now is not missed free throws. The biggest problem on this team is TURNOVERS. There are too many turnovers involving Harden and Dwight, too many turnovers involving Lin and Dwight, too many turnovers between Harden and Lin, and too many turnovers between Dwight and everybody with Dwight dribbling around down low. Rondo does address turnovers.

In case you haven't noticed, this is not last year in the NBA. Harden's already got fined $5,000 for flopping And he's getting less calls going to the rim over last year. That's even more turnovers in his future. For as great as he is, for as many assists as he throws, or as efficient as he is scoring the ball......Harden has too many games against bettter teams where he turns the ball over and costs us wins.

Turnovers guys.

Don't forget that huge factor in future player acquisitions. It's much more important for this team than free throw shooting.

5. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Rondo just doesn't fit here. A PG who can't shoot?? Please no.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Of course Beverley was/is starting but I wouldn't call him an "offensive threat". (Not a complete liability either though.)

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rondo is injured.

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If you get rondo, you're basically saying bye to parsons. I will say rondo is good enough and has a strong enough personality to get harden off the rock. Too many times,as with mcgrady,off the rebound, harden is handling the ball. You get rondo, now he's handling are harden is the being setup. Rondo is hard to coach,but he's a helluva player. People says he can't shoot clearly haven't watched his mid range pullup. Not to mention he's a clutch playoff performer and nasty. I don't have any problem with him personally.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Rondo 11.1 assists per game. Nothing to sneeze at.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Me either. I don't worry about Harden, he's played with stars all his career...he gets it. People make too much about his ego when he's said or done nothing to suggest he has this kobe Bryant ego that is scaring people away.

This large Harden ego seems to be mostly fabricated if you ask me. Until I start hearing about players not liking to play with Harden I won't believe it.

11. jk103

jk103 Member

Rondo's great but you don't pair a ball-dominant guard like Harden with a ball-dominant point guard with no jump shot. What's Rondo supposed to do when Harden drives? It's a terrible fit.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Rondo might average a triple-double with this team. I think he would be a great fit. Harden doesn't always have to be on the ball and Rondo can run a more fluid offense. I've said before that I would support this move.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is what is going to happen.

Rondo gets assists...and Harden gets points...they both will be happy. When Harden realizes that Rondo is a guy that can get him easy buckets then he won't complain.

14. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

LOL. Looks like Lin is the culprit even when he is playing on fire beast mode.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

even with me raginig over this pathetic start, i know that ITS THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON! it sucks big **** balls thats for sure, but u just gotta deal with it.

rockets dont need rondo, they need to get their heads out of their asses.

would i be opposed to rondo trade? hell no...as long as we have a starting pf that can stretch. u dont want 3 of ur starters incapable of stretching the floor

16. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

lol to people wanting rondo... people who want rondo does not watch celtic basketball and plainly basing this on this highlight list...

you get rondo, you loose Dwight and harden with in a few months...

you have heard Dwight wanting to play with CP3 and D. Will, but never rondo... have you all wondered why?

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

From mid range, there are a ton of people better.

18. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

A line-up of...

Rondo
    Bev/Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Howard

...with Cisco, Jones, and one of Lin/Bev coming off the bench is nothing to sneeze at

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm not sold on Parsons as a fulltime PF. I think he will be at some point in his career, but his body needs a couple more years to fill out.

20. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

How is jeff green doing?

Anyway, would be happy if a Asik + Bev + DMO for Rondo and Sullinger.

Basically rox will be substituting Bev for Rondo.