1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need Rajon Rondo!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If y'all Beverly rondo would make y'all j*zz everywhere imagine someone with the same heart hustle grit toughness everything Beverly brings but with court vision awareness passing ability and experience and last but not least a player not a coach with a ring

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And better handles and better at protecting the ball and always makes the right and smart play with the ball as y'all can see I really want rondo on this team lol
    And I also read somewhere today about a Greg smith for shumpert trade don't know if it had any legs but I would do that trade asap

3. Remii

Remii Member

Once KG, Paul, and Allen turned the team over to Rondo _ they've won nothing... And all Rondo did was piz off Allen and Doc... We do not have a KG type to keep Rondo under control... Plus his knee is F'd up.. No one has no idea how he will be when he returns...

4. Remii

Remii Member

;)
    I like Shumpert... That would be a nice trade... Harden, Lin, and Shumpert on the court together would be nice...

5. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Rondo is rumered to be impossible to deal with. He is too full of himself to cooperate with others.

6. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Rondo has a very high turnover rate. Look it up.

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

And Beverley, not counting playing hurt this year is a 35% shooter from behind the arc. Counting this year only, He is a lot better than Rondo at shooting, driving, assists, defense.

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Whoa there!

Beverly is a better at assists than Rondo? The same Rondo that averaged over 11 assists/game in his last 3 full seasons? Twice leading the league and once finishing 2nd?

He's a better defender than Rondo? Rondo has been first team All-Defense twice and second team twice more.

1 person likes this.
  9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I do want a trade with the Celtics, not Rondo though.

Jeff Green.

He can alternate between the 3-5. Has range for a big guy, he can drive the lane, he'd flourish in our system.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

11. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Rondo is overrated. Headcase, poor shooter, and only ups his game when nationally televised.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He has a very high assist rate, thats why his turnover rate is high. 4 turnovers and 11 assist is good. Hardens 4 turnovers and 5 assist isn't ok.

13. pnr

pnr Member

He's kind of a black hole on offense, which is ironic since his assists are so high. But the only reason he has such high assists is he dominates the ball and can't shoot, so he has to pass. The Celtics scored more points per possession after he went down with injury last year and actually had around the same record if not a little better for the rest of the season. He's so overrated and not worth the money he will command.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

People here echo **** way too much, if you look into what rondo would do for the team you guys would realize he'd be possibly a really nice fit and would be worth going after, especially if we could get him for Asik and or Lin.

No, everybody screams he can't shoot and is a headcase.

15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Are you drunk?

16. Remii

Remii Member

Same stuff I heard people around here saying about Howard and how's that working out...??? He couldn't even lead this team to a win against the 76ers and punked out big time against the Lakers. More Clark Kent than superman. A head case at the center position and now you want another one at the point guard position and both are bad free throw shooters... Perfect match I guess...

17. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Yea we need a guy who can't shoot for squat to put next to our ball dominant SG. Yea a perfect fit. A guy who can't play off the ball for **** and has his team have a better record without him. :rolleyes:

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I took it from "coach" that he thinks Beverley is not a good shooter. The only way I see this is if he turns a blind eye to what Beverley did before this season. Only looking at Rondo for this season, you have a guy that hasn't played. I was trying to show how judging Beverley by his performance this year only is not a fair assessment especially considering the context being Rondo who hasn't even played.

Yes, Rondo on the court is a better creator and defender than Beverley. Beverley is the better shooter. I don't think Rondo is worth his contract and I don't think he is a good fit with the Rockets with Howard.

19. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

No PG that's actually a PG is a good fit here. Harden will never allow the PG to play his position.

The best fit is a non-playmaking/non-attacking Derek Fisher/Steve Kerr type PG that can just hit open 3's.

20. Remii

Remii Member

Harden and Westbrook fit perfectly and made it to the finals... So I disagree with that...