1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doug McDermott

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by wfeebs, Nov 14, 2013.

1. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Wouldn't he be the perfect match for us? Rebounds and is LIGHTS OUT from 3. And he can play the 4. Am I delusional for thinking this?

2. SK34

SK34 Member

Where is he projected to go? And highlights?

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Mid first rounder to second round. Tough to judge where a guy like him goes. He projects to be a backup 4 that can stretch the defense. The question is whether he is strong enough to play the 4 on defense. He can't play the 3 defensively.

In "super draft 2014", I don't know when a team would be willing to draft a guy that probably won't be an NBA starter due to defensive concerns. Every team will be trying to strike gold.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

6'8 PF. Why haven't we gone with these type of players before?

5. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

Hopefully he falls to OKC. We could use a stretch 4

6. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Not the same type of undersized PF

7. SK34

SK34 Member

Honestly, I wish we can get Mitch Mcgary

8. donatas

donatas Member

This kid is going to be great at the NBA level.

9. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Not at all. He's naturally more of a 3, but on our roster would fit in nicely as a stretch 4. That's my only concern about his game though. He's a quintessential tweener. Have to wonder how well he could defend at the next level.

Isaiah Austin is another late 1st round guy I'd love to see when we pick. A true stretch 4 who's a legit 7', but woefully thin. To the point where positioning in the post would be an issue for him at the next level. However, his handles, face up game, and fantastic shot blocking are hard to ignore.

Kyle Anderson from UCLA is a guy we have a more realistic chance of seeing on the board. Also a bit of a tweener/point-forward type player. He's got good touch out to 18 feet, rebounds hard, can defend 3s & 4s, plus he's one of the best 6'9" passers in the country.

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He can really shoot it and has a quick release. He's hitting 46% from three in his four-year college career.

[youtube]cS8hO5QWJYw[/youtube]

I'm not sure how he will fit in the pros -- he's not as big as Ryan Anderson so he may be stuck between the three and four -- but he can really shoot and score.

11. basketballholic

Love this kid. Gym rat. Coach's son. Great character and work ethic. He's a stretch 4 all the way in my opinion. He's got a wide base, wide shoulders, big hips. He's built like Eduardo Najera. He'll play the 4 in the NBA and be a nasty shooter from day 1. This is the guy I want late in the first round with our pick if we don't trade it.

12. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

He's a good fit and a good pick it seems.

I like that he keeps moving without the ball. Inside, outside, screens for others, slips inside or pops outside after screens. He just keeps moving.

13. smr6

smr6 Member

If this guy is on the board when the Rockets pick comes up I can't imagine Morey passing him up. He is the perfect type of player Morey would covet. He can shoot, play 2 positions, and like Chandler he may come out a bit underrated simply because he is a 4 year player that many people see as having less potential to grow.

14. smr6

smr6 Member

Draft express has him going late lottery though. Hard to imagine we would have a shot at him, but if we did I think Morey would jump on the chance really quick.

15. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

I got to watch this kid hes a great shooter but guy really can do much else hes like a thicker steve novak.... that being said im sure he will prove people wrong

16. basketballholic

Watch him again. He can shoot. But he can also handle. Between the legs with jab steps and dekes to get open. He lacks a quick first step. But you are watching him at the collegiate level being defended by smaller, quicker guys. That is to say guys that if they were in the NBA would be 3's. And he still has enough handle to get around them and use his bulk down low. He is better than Novak because of this factor. He's got a handle.

17. Normalus

Normalus Member

He belongs to Miami Heat. We need solid wing defender.

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Are we going to wind up with the 14th pick again? If so, it'll surprise me if we take him there. We'd definitely pick him later, like early 2nd round, where Morey loves 4-year college guys.

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

And, much to my dismay, we suddenly suck at 3-pt shooting off the bench. If Casspi and Garcia don't get it going, I hope we get to see what Covington-- our tweener 3/4 already under contract-- can do before we draft ANOTHER in our long line of tweeter 3/4s.

20. basketballholic

Doug Freak'n McDermott

Dear Morey,

Please figure out how to get this guy.