1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin leading all point guards (with 21 mins or more) in true shooting %

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JBar, Nov 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Gil

Gil Member

Of course turnovers will happen for someone who drives to the rim as much as he and Harden do. That doesn't mean he can't play smarter. The Clippers game for example where he drove into the lane about 3 consecutive times and got stripped for example was almost inexcusable.

No reason he can't pull up from midrange instead of playing out of control basketball. Nothing worse than him driving in recklessly, leaving his feet and literally throwing the ball to the other team apart from Dwight FT's in the 4th.

The turnover issue isn't only on him though. Asik and Dwight are also ridiculously TO prone and even Harden to a lesser extent.

2. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Please don't start this again. The next time Lin has a bad game, you're practically begging them to criticise Lin incessantly then complaining about people dogging Lin. This situation is really similar to the dynamics of a marriage that is about to end in a fiery divorce. Just let Lin's game do the talking and only engage when they get a bit crazy with the criticisms. You know that there are going to be games where Lin plays terribly and Bev or Harden shines, right? Please keep the gloating to a minimum.

3. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

is there a detail breakdown of what caused his TOs in each game or for any player really? I wish someone would do vid clips of his TOs so we can see what his TOs were caused by...charges, bad pass to others, other players not catching the ball or paying attention, etc.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

From today's NBA 5-on-5 article on the Knicks

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-131113/fact-fiction-new-york-knicks-edition

Some bring up some good points, but lots of laughable stuff too. "Slight upgrade over Felton" being the worst.

5. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Of course he hasn't been perfect for the season. Which player in the team has been perfect so far?

Clearly, you did not read what torocan posted several posts up. Lin has improved on so many things, yet you have even "higher" expectations of him, LMAO!!!

And if McHale isn't running the offense through him, then why should he average more than 4 assists? 4 assists is far too low? *facepalm*

Harden and Dwight are averaging pretty high turnovers too. But hey, only Lin gets called out for losing games based on turnovers, eh? ;)

Another LOH that just doesn't make sense at all :grin:

6. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Didn't Felton just apologize to fans and urged them to be patient with his slow start?

7. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Well said!

8. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

My poorly expressed point (in that I didn't actually say it) was that I don't think his TOs have gotten worse. He may actually be doing a little bit better than last year, but it is masked by the increased TOs from driving to the rim. I certainly agree that it is still an area that needs work.

But the overall improvement in his game this year over last year has been impressive so far.

9. raskol

No, there are! I've caught several of them (some with older accounts here) on various Knicks forum sites and in every game thread during Linsanity in NY yelling that they want to expose Lin and lo and behold they were here using the same name repeating the same meme that Lin is a bench player, he gets scared going left, can't shoot 3s, is a terrible defender, etc.

10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

what the heck is LOF and LOH?

11. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Most of them are just really bad decision making, forcing passes or plays that are just not there. I saw Dwight pissed off at Lin's annoying bounce pass in the paint that got striped (Raptors game). I hope this will knock some senses into Lin. Got to learn how your bigs like their catch & after a whole season of playing with Asik, still throwing him passes you know he's going to miss/drop is kinda unacceptable. Harden's TO passes are more laziness, if he can put in more focus & effort, see improvement.

12. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

LOF = Lin only Fans

LOH = Lin only Haters

13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Don't entirely disagree, but worth noting is a quote from Daryl Morey on Quora talking about Lin's turnovers:

14. pnr

pnr Member

His turnovers have gotten worse which is kinda troubling. I dont mind it now that his efficiency shooting the ball is so good. But I'm definitely hoping he'll reduce the turnovers throughout the season. I attribute his low assists to the entire team not making their shots. The offense is just a mess right now.

15. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

[​IMG]

Looks like he's starting.

16. raskol

LOFs= Lin Only Fails ex) I hate LOFs.
    LOHs= Lin Over Harden ex) All you LOHs are getting annoying.

So all the supporters of Lin over Harden are called LOHs, and conversely all the posters who only see Lin failing are called LOFs. It's encouraged by this site to use these terms as described as often as possible so I recommend you to use them. It may confuse people when you use these terms as it takes time to incorporate these terms correctly over time, but it should win you some friends here. Good luck. Ask me any other questions if you need any help. I got your back like LOHs support Lin.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not trying to pass to Asik would help a lot, as would not jumping in the air with no idea what to do.

DD

18. torocan

torocan Member

Of Lin's turnovers, 14 are passing related, 9 are from drive/ball handling related (steals).

http://www.82games.com/1314/13HOU4.HTM

Some portion of his passing related TO's are clearly due to lack of team chemistry. Passing to where a player should be versus where he is, passing too high or low for Dwight, or passing to a player who is not expecting the pass. This part should improve over time.

Some are just boneheaded passes (classic jump and pass error).

Lin turns over the ball about 1/5 times that he drives to the hoop. Some of which he can definitely improve on, some he may never be able to fix as they're subject to ref calling a foul or not (getting hammered/arm hacked with a no call).

As for the 5 turnovers in the Raptor's game, of those TO's, 1 was a traveling call on a drive (they didn't do a close replay so couldn't see if he was actually travelling), 1 was a pass right through a receiver's hands (hard to blame him for that), 2 were bonehead passes (right into defender or defender lanes), and 1 was a strip in traffic where he it appears it was hacked on the drive and wasn't called (hard to say for sure since they didn't slow mo replay it).

Given his driving is very aggressive this year and there's new players on the roster, it may take a while before the TO's actually stabilize. Then we'll see if there's improvement or not.

19. sew

sew Member

Let's be honest here, most of Lin's turnovers are due to him blindly dribbling into the paint with no clue where to go with the ball.

20. strifed169

strifed169 Member

Rose - 33%
    Westbrook - 33%
    Holiday - 36%
    Irving - 37%
    Walker - 38%
    Lillard - 39%
    Sessions - 39%
    Teague - 40%
    Wall - 40%
    Calderon - 40%
    Lowry - 41%
    D Williams - 42%
    Chalmers - 44%

Weren't all these PGs suppose to be better than Lin? Just goes to show how hard it is for a PG to score in today's league, Lin is truly balling