1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2013.

1. vlee

vlee Member

All of this could just be a product of players quitting on the coach. It might not be a conscious thing on the part of the players, but if the players feel like the coaches don't know what they're doing, they stop playing hard. The TT experiment obviously isn't working, and McHale keeps going to it. They get off to these slow starts, the bench has to come in and provide a spark or whatever, starts putting too much pressure on guys. It didn't look like any plays were ran in that second half with guys just going one-on-one. Lin and Asik both look like they're just biding their time until they're traded because they know it's coming.

2. boiler

boiler Member

No we not fine. These two Clips games were the only really tests and we failed miserably, and that Lakers game. Imaging if we played more top teams, we would be below .50. This is just like Texans, people were saying they were fine at the beginning the season.

3. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

He rocked the first half. Unfortunately, the entire team pretty much checked out during the second half.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Least mad after a loss as I've been in awhile

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The whole point is to say Lin hasn't proved to be anything great at best he is a inconsistent good role player. Go Linsanity against Russell Westbrook, Mario Chalmers or Chris Paul... or in the playoffs.

6. howo13579

howo13579 Member

so that 2 or 3 possessions are basically unforced turnovers. I don't mind if he turnover trying to move the ball or got caught when creating space.

7. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

then blame Bev for 2 quick off the ball fouls that sent him 2 the bench

8. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

I'm not even mad. Rockets have deserve every lost they gotten so far.

9. windwave

windwave Member

Cisco and Casspi, 4-22 in the last 2 games, ouch.
    8-32 in last 3.

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I'm afraid that's Houston's problem....Morey is always quick to pull the trigger and keeps rotating players in and out. Harden and Howard will be in the long haul....but those pieces will probably flow like water. McHale is just a pretty bad coach.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

They said the same thing about the Heat. Early on people said the egos would split them up, James can't deliver when the game is on the line, DWade just isn't the same player he was when he and Shaq won the title. It's all talk. McHale isn't an X's and O's guy, I get it. Is Spoelstra really that much better? Harden is immature and doesn't have as much clutch as he should, the same was said of James. This team is so similar to both that Heat team and OKC. They will pull it together eventually.

12. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

that Lin steal to Garcia and Garcia miss is gonna be a SHAQTIN a fool

13. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

It reminds of the interview recently when asked who was the leader of this team, McHale said "They'll figure it out". I guess that's his approach.

He is a lazy coach hands off coach. We need a disciplinarian that can get Harden and Dwight to buy into the best system and not try and fit a system to the way they want to play.

A coach that has the guts to say "No more frighin post ups or 4th Qs until you learn some post moves and how to shoot FTs" "No more friggin play making or 40+ min. games until you learn to pass the ball and play D"

Oh, and it's all Lin's fault... Remember that!

14. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Parsons too

15. bc2k

bc2k Member

So much hate on Lin in this forum it's disgusting. Lin only played 26 minutes and he and the bench are the only players with "+" in the game. The game was lost on starters.

16. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Right. Spurs basketball is all Popovich. They have a coach who runs plays instead of letting his players do whatever they want, and he knows how to instill discipline in his players (i.e. chew out everybody EQUALLY for dumbass plays). He also benches Tim Duncan in the 4th when other teams go small, but our coach likes to start with the TT every game despite its obvious uselessness.

17. zdrav

zdrav Member

You don't pay $8 million for Linsanity (25 pts, 8 ast). That's franchise player stats and that demands a franchise player contract.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

or tellsw lins stop going into the paint and dribbling and turning it over with idiotic decision making Or tells Garcia learn how to make a simple layup?

19. Oscarzero

Oscarzero Member

I think for defensive we are fine today, not great but I would give it a pass.

For offense, huge problem. What's our strategy? Iso? Are harden and howard that good to ISO the whole match like Kobe and Oneal? Obviously they aren't. OK, so Mchale occasionally give Lin the "privilege" to make plays. HOWEVER, NO ONE LISTEN TO LIN EXCEPT ASIK. They all just stand still and wait for the ball to play ISO. Sadly even Parsons is one of them who ignores the play. WTF?

We are not a team that is talented enough to ISO that much, yet we are filled with players who desperately want to ISO to prove their value.

Huge problem, and I can't see Mchale is big enough to solve this.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Eh...... ok but ok compare superstars
    Lebron did go to the Finals by himself whereas Harden was the third wheel

DWade was the best player when he won it and not Shaq
    Dwight only got to the Finals

The difference between the superstars is saying that we are not going to be on Heat level.
    The only way is we form a better team with better chemistry but that hope dwindles.