1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

blaming a bench player for the loss is PURE STUPIDITY.

2. Dementium

Dementium Member

Yea, this! If you are injured sit out! Its only the beginning of the season. We need him for later!

3. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Err what? Harden was one of the best players in the league at driving to the basket last year, what in the world are you talking about?

4. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lin was just flat out bad in the 2nd half. The driving lanes disappeared for him and because of his elbow he cant shoot worth crap.
    Beverley played fantastic. Probably the best game I've seen him play.
    Harden is clearly hurt and really didn't seem into the game at all.
    Parsons was good on offense but I have no idea why he was guarding Griffin, who was just abusing him
    Dwight was alright but I didn't even recognize he was playing for many times in the 2nd half. He needs to demand the ball more when the team is playing like ****.
    All that combined with the fact that the Clippers couldn't miss from 3 in the 4th quarter.

It's okay though. We'll figure it out. Keep in mind the Clips were 3-3 before this game. Now we have the same record as them. They just get hot and play well against us

5. archinkent

archinkent Member

Um, yes we did. What's your point?

6. MOHRocketeer

MOHRocketeer Rookie

This team will never win a championship with McHale as the coach

Comparing Spo to McHale is a joke. Miami also has 3 legit superstars and when they formed they had the best player in the world and a proven champion. Harden and Howard are no Lebron and Wade. Parsons, "part of the best trio in the league", is no where close to touching Chris Bosh.

Lin is a role player coming off the bench but I guess he lost the best trio in basketball this game

7. davli

davli Member

I see this too - something is very wrong with the team chemistry on a personal level, it's visible even on TV

8. boiler

boiler Member

Like JVG said, if the team lacks leadership and toughness, head coach should be a strong leader. McHale failed in this department miserably.

9. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

For a supposed superstar Howard doesn't have that big of an impact in a lot of games.

10. CCM721

CCM721 Member

After the first quarter we were leading 26-21. Your entire post was invalid, that is my point.

11. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

bev,CP,garcia,casspi and Dwight lineup at the beginning of the 4th Q was friggin horrid. 5 1/2 minutes of high school basketball

12. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

LOL,:grin:

13. Gil

Gil Member

Can we please trade Lin already for a real PG? I'm tired of his bone headed plays on both sides of the court. One year on and he's still making the same idiotic mistakes.

3 high turnover players on the floor is basically self mutilation.

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Even though this loss sucks and is sickening, other "top teams" are not exactly lighting it up right now. Miami and GSW have the same record the Rox do and even though the clips beat us they also have the same record as we do. This team still has major concerns though but there's no clear cut team dominating right now at this point.

15. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

McHale is a players coach. That's why guys like him. Not the right coach for this team.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden has to be rested because bruised knee can only get worse if you keep pushing it. Rest him a couple of games because he is more of a liability then an asset. Let him heal. McHale is going to cut this guys career short.

17. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

bad 5 minute stretch in the 3rd is Lin's
    bad 5 minute stretch in the 4th is Bev's

the starter should get the blame.

18. jp2123

jp2123 Member

Ok, let's make something clear. You don't lose a game because ONE guy had 2? turnovers in the 3rd quarter. Like are you being serious!? I'm not saying that the Lin TO were fine, I'm just saying that you don't lose a game because of THAT specific play. Lin was pretty much the reason why we were up in the 2 quarter. Game was tied before a couple of seconds left in the 3rd quarter and Lin came in the fourth at the 5 minute mark.

The TEAM is to blame, every single one of them. The TEAM lost! Now, if you want to talk about negative go ahead Lin had 5 to, Harden shot 4/14 and had 3 TO, Howard 5/11 from FT, Casspi and Garcia 2/11 combined.

19. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

For the first time I actually believed the houston announcers. I don't think al lot of the players like each other in there.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The BS fouls that were called on Beverley caused Mchale to pull him for Lin... that's where I feel Brooks should have played. At this point Lin plays and completely single handedly turns over the ball over and over which got the clippers back in the lead a lead they never gave up.