1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where does Parsons Rank Amongst Second-Round Picks of the Last Decade?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TerryGoldfain, Nov 8, 2013.

1. TerryGoldfain

TerryGoldfain Member

It's been exactly a month since this piece 'Ranking the Top 10 Second-Round Picks of the Last Decade' http://pickandroll.com.au/top-10-second-round-picks-of-the-last-decade/ was published and I'd like to hear some Rockets fans thoughts on the subject.

For those not interested in reading the article, the writer has him ranked at 5th, between Gortat and Monta Ellis with only Millsap, Pekovic and Marc Gasol ranked higher with Asik and Carl Landry just missing the list.

In the comments, one person thought Parsons was ranked much too high and Ariza (2004), Brandon Bass and Amir Johnson (2005), Carl Landry and Glenn Davis (2007), DeAndre Jordan and Asik (2008) and Lance Stephenson (2010) should have been considered.

While I thought the topic was different enough to create a new thread for it, it does tie in with a previous thread '[Grantland] Zach Lowe and the Parsons Plan' http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=242901 started by hizzobbes that is well worth reading.

I am affiliated with the site the first article was published on, but thought it relevant enough to raise a thread about. Plus I'd really like to read where you rank Parsons.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Too early in his career to put him on a list.

3. TerryGoldfain

TerryGoldfain Member

Not an all-time list or even active player, but you think too early to look at where he currently stands for 2nd rounders over the last 10 years?

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No Boozer in the top 10 of that list ... I hate anyone who plays for Utah , but damn he's better than most on that list.

5. TerryGoldfain

TerryGoldfain Member

No doubt Boozer would have made the list, but he's been in the NBA longer than a decade (this is his 12th season)

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , I just realized that ..... just as I was clicking the link to see responses.

7. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

That Darrell Wilson guy thinks Parsons shouldn't even be on the top 10?
    And his FG% and 3pt% are a product of the how the offense plays, not attributed to CP himself?
    Does that make sense to anyone?
    Haters gonna hate.

I do feel Parsons is rated too high though, I'd have him at 7-8, he isnt proven enough to be top 5 in the last decade IMO

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

wheres caanan?

9. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

he has not improved. shot is way off. and he has become cocky too boot imho.