1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jeremy fairly/unfairly being treated as the scapegoat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Watching that actual footage is just looked like they were talking, if anything Lin was more aggresive to Dwight.

LIN IS A DOH!!!!!!!!!!

2. timyeung

timyeung Member

McHale had the balls to bench Harden in the fourth during the Clippers game. (which I respect). I wish Morey would give McHale more control over Harden. I also don't think McHale is a big fan of Harden's ISO play. Whenever Harden does his ISO stuff, McHale tells the press that the ball was too "sticky", but won't mention Harden's name.

3. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Speaking of reddit, I'm surprised how many fans from SPURS wants Lin to go there.

4. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Lin is not the problem right now. The problem is defense. Lin as a 6th man is great. Maybe trading Asik for a 4 isn't the solution, maybe trying to pry Rondo or a defender wing player with Asik/picks is.

5. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Because Tony Parker once said that Lin reminded him of a younger version of himself?

6. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

apparently James is the PG 4th Q. the one everyone try to blame only got 1 touch.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  7. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

Can you provide a link please?

8. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

I love the Rockets, but I have to agree with the OP.

If Lin is the problem, according to his teammates and the eye-tests of the posters here, then he has to be traded. No point wasting everyone's time with the Jeremy Lin era. The Rockets can let Bev and Harden handle the point, and Lin can go develop himself with another team.

9. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Just go read any reddit post about Lin, there's bound to be SPURS fans there asking for Lin to go play for them.

10. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

That was Reggie Miller's opinion. Pops rips into everyone, but especially Tony Parker who has been his whipping boy for a while. I'm sure you recall Pops threatening to replace Parker with Jason Kidd in the off-season after Tony had a poor playoffs series.

11. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Again, the tone was set (and this game was lost) in the first quarter when we were down 15 points. Our starters sucked and Dwight obviously didn't want this win badly enough. Lin made up our deficit. Bev contributed nothing and shouldn't be starting PG. Judging everything on the last play given all the ****wittery during the game is useless.

12. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

Just post one example please. Reddit searches are taking me anywhere.

13. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

are not*

14. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Yeah, if Lin fans are upset about Rockets' players and coaches yelling at him, they will be in for a rude awakening if Lin has to deal with Greg Popovich's management style.

15. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

16. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

There's a difference. Coming from Popovich it might make sense. Coming from McHale & co maybe not

17. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

At least they let the PG play PG and runs plays/screens rather than "everybody is a PG and there are no plays because you can't defend against unpredictability." :rolleyes:

18. RocketPowerNick

Popovich is one of the greatest sports coaches of all time.

McHale is McFail.

19. coffeelover665

YeaH I was curious and went to check reddit too. Surprisingly a lot of people want him to go to the spurs, not just spur fans. Thats interesting.

Here's some quote if you're feeling lazy/I'm already reading

Bull's fan: I really hope Jeremy Lin ends up with the Spurs anytime soon. They'll both end up helping each other, and when the Spurs play against the Houston Divas, I'll be looking forward to seeing Lin and his supportive teammates branding them a big "L". If only things ever work out the way it should for the players' benefit.

spurs fan: We do need a new backup PG. Patty Mills is nice so far but we need to groom a Parker replacement.

Rocket's fan: He'd be a great fit for the Spurs and Parker would be a great mentor. Shame that he has that poison pill contract...

NBA fan: I hate seeing this for Lin. And he's such a nice guy (from what I've read). Honestly, I hope he gets traded where he doesn't have to deal with such bull****. My hope is that he gets traded to the Spurs.

20. Hak34

Hak34 Member

The whole thing can be summed up with one play. Jeremy Lin drives the lane, gets a hard foul and hits the deck really hard. Parsons, and Harden are standing right there, and both walk away.

As a Rockets fan, this disgusts me. Forget Jeremy, Harden, Howard...what would you do if you were playing your ass off, got decked hard, and then you team made no effort at all to check on you?

I cant ever remember a time where any player for any team ever hit the deck hard and his team walked away.

1 person likes this.