1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flopping fines: a one year only thing?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Yellow, Nov 5, 2013.

1. The Blake Show

5 years or so*

2. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I'm not going to get into the argument phase of this convo, but Chris Paul is the biggest flopper in the league. He was one of my favorite players when he came into the league. I don't know how much guys followed him when he was in N.O., but I followed him quite a bit and I noticed the things he would do that I hated. I despise complaining all the time, dirty/cheap shots, and constant flopping (even though it had become part of the game). I know many players were doing the same, but this was I guy I rooted for and he was doing all the things I hate in basketball.

I would see him do little sneaky things like try to trip someone or a blatant push in the back, then get upset when it happens to him. Then of coarse he would get the benefit of the doubt from the refs cause he was a STAR. Needless to say, I became less and less of a fan of his as time went on. But I do still love and respect all the other aspects of his game cause he is a great player, I just wish he would take all that other nonsense out of his game cause he don't need it (or maybe he does).

You can be a fan of a player and team without being biased. If it walks like a duck, well y'all know the rest. With that being said, I still would like to see him win a Championship, but not before my Rockets.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Nah he's soft as paper. Terrible defender for his athletic ability. Physical PFs make him their B. I imagine he's fairly lazy or he would have showed improvement in his post game so far in his career. And he does things like this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mHgADbmFLCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

Luckily he has CP3, or the Clips would still be a lottery team.

4. The Blake Show

Man your knowledge base is so weak... it would take takes to educate you. He's outplayed every PF in the NBA H2H over the course of his career including Zbo. You don't average 10.5 rpg career and get so many cheapshots if you're soft in this league. If you weren't tough players wouldn't be punching you in the balls and flagrantly fouling you all the time because they can't slow you down any other way.

Fairly lazy? He's talked about around the league as being a Kobe level worker. He's made big improvements, don't look at raw stats because they are misleading. Lower minutes, bad coaching (where he rarely got shots in second half of games) make it look like he's declining but he's not. He's a slightly above average defender at this point, come a long way since rookie year when he was atrocious. Again what does flop videos from two years ago prove to me about being soft. Lebron flops as much as anybody in the past and would you call him soft lol?

You seem to be forgetting he's just starting his 4th year and just turned 24. Give it time and calm down.

5. The Blake Show

Ezeli flagrantly fouled Blake and yanked his arm midair with with arms as Blake's momentum was going up for a dunk... not a flop and rightfully called a flagrant 1. The GIF you've posted is a manipulative angle which doesn't even show the grab+yank. If you understood basic physics (I doubt you got passed 8th grade TBH) you'd know that momentum moving forward CANNOT be reversed violently like that by the moving object, but only another force.

No human can jump forward then shift direction backwards midair and do a flip. It's common sense that he got a hard foul there, which means it wasn't a flop. Not even a gymnast could intentionally do that.

6. The Blake Show

Guys like Grant Hill, Doc Rivers, CP3, Chauncey Billups who have played with HOF players have said Blake is the hardest worker they have ever been around. It's sad that so many people love to discuss basketball yet fail at such remedial things. What you're doing would be on par with me saying "James Harden can't shoot 3's" then showing you video from last night where he went 0/7 or times in the playoffs where he got shutdown. It's just dumb logic, lack of knowledge and a good way to get embarrassed by somebody who knows about basketball more than you do.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Gif is from Warriors Clips last January.. So ya.. Follow your team better.

Also you're on a Rockets fan board. Why get so butthurt when another team is made fun of? There's a reason I'm not on a clips board.

8. The Blake Show

I know when the Warriors one was... obviously I explained the foul to you because I remember it clearly SMH. The other one you posted with Ibaka+Blake was in 2012.

9. The Blake Show

BTW I'm in the general forum. Not trying to be butthurt, just correcting some pretty huge myths. Oh well though, have a good day... you're entitled to all of your mislead opinions.

10. clippy

clippy Member

You're an idiot if you think this is a flop.

11. The Blake Show

Let him believe what he wants lol. I love how whoever made the GIF posted a highly manipulative angle to make Blake look bad, when in actuality it was a very hard foul. If you were gathering for a dunk about to jump and I used two arms to yank your arm the opposite way while planted.. let's see how you people land SMH.

Nevermind that Ezeli is a strong SOB. Dude is like 6'11 270 or something like that and I've seen him bang with the centers in this league.

12. Lihao

Lihao Member

the only idiot is your buddy there who insist CP3 didn't flop against Cousins with his imaginary Kings fan backing him up

13. The Blake Show

I even showed you the que to look for proving me right and you still are disregarding it SMH. After the flop watch him point at Cousins and say something to Cousins. I watched that game live and he said "That's you!". If you understood the value of context you'd know that leading up to that... they had been getting into it and that he was making fun of Cousins. Doesn't mean CP3 never flops, it means that particular play was mockery, not an actual flop to get a call.

14. SunsRocketsfan

chris paul really is such a big douche bag...
    [​IMG]

15. The Blake Show

Yet if he had even CONSIDERED the Rockets people would be singing a different tune. Rockets fans are mad at CP3 because he didn't even look their way in free agency. Unlike drama queen Howard.

16. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

It's pretty clear that all the stars flop. They do it because it works. End of story. Some are just way better at it (Stockton, Paul, Wade, etc.)

Only way it will stop is if ESPN does a daily top 10 worst flops. DAILY. Guys won't want to show up on it everyday and get made fun of.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sw6-HGxCKSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lets say what you're saying is true. That makes him the biggest hypocrite in the world then.

This is why you need to stop fanboying and face the facts. Chris Paul, despite his amazing level of talent, it a punk ass b****.

18. The Blake Show

Yea he is a hypocrite... so is Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Harden, Howard and other superstars who manipulate refs. Yea I can see why opponents would hate him but who cares lmao? Jordan was the biggest as*hole and douchebag in the history of the game. Chris Paul will likely go down as the 2nd or 3rd best PG all time... I doubt he gives a **** if opposing fans like him lol.

19. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Blake is a flopper no doubt(not like it matters considering how many players flop) but that clearly was not a flop.... He was grabbed. Easy flagrant 1.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He gets cheapshots because he is soft. Opponents get under his skin that way, because they know he won't do crap about it.