1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Open Court] Think about them guys you played with in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yellow, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Yellow

Yellow Member

Kenny Smith in this discussion tried to make a statement that even though he would welcome a guy who did something wrong (to get suspended) but would tell him he wouldn't hang out with him because of that. The guy needed to prove he wasn't that guy, apologise etc. Charles disagrees and tells him: "Think about them guys you played with in Houston" and of course everybody laughs :grin:

Obviously Vernon Maxwell is on the top of that list and I think he's definitely referring to him. Still, Kenny admitted in earlier episodes that he was totally different off the court (not crazy like in games). This is of course contradicted by gun, drugs, fighting and prostitution related problems off the court. My question to you guys is:
    A) Do you think Kenny & Max were tight off the court and he's just trying to make a point now that he used to not really live by?
    B) Was Vernon really not that crazy off the court or is Kenny trying to cover for his former teammate?
    C) Could Charles also be referring to others? If so, who and why?

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Hahaha, I really do like the discussions on Open Court, but I think Barkley's reply was more in a joking kind of way and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Speaking of Vernon Maxwell, I think if you followed all the earlier episodes since the beginning you will hear Kenny talk about him alot. From hearing all the stories I think "Mad Max" is the on the court basketball alter ego of Vernon Maxwell.
    One of the interesting stories Kenny told on Open Court was when Vernon was playing against Michael Jordan. Vernon was guarding Michael Jordan and Jordan was scoring on him. Vernon then proceded to tell Michael that if he scored on him again in the easy manner he was doing he was going to fight him. Well Jordan did score again and Maxwell kept his word and tried to fight him.

The funny thing about this story was what happened after the game. Maxwell brought his son who was fully decked out in Air Jordan gear to meet his idol to get an autograph. After this Jordan then commented to Kenny something along the lines of this guy is crazy.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PNxMX9Eqt88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

6. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Sorry the video above is -

Charles Barkley Flagrant Foul on Hakeem Olajuwan - 1994 NBA Playoffs Rockets Vs Suns.

And Maxwell's reaction.

I'm still new. Not sure how to embed youtube video into post.

7. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

On Youtube, under the video, click Share. Then click Embed. Then copy and paste the code they give you into your post on here. Here I'll try it to make sure... (contains some simple advice for the Rox...)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fdlWUQedW9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, seems to work good... :) Maybe the Rox should play this every game? :eek::grin:

The guys on the Dan LeBatard show would like that.