1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Benching of James Harden by the Coach Kevin McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Razsan

Razsan Member

Absolutely...when he missed those dunks and had all those turnovers....and missed all those shots...oh wait.

2. dexkk

dexkk Member

Harden was clearly frustrated on defense. I think I saw him stomp his feet in anger after Redick scored. Then the frustration affected his offense. He would pull up long jumpers that wouldn't go in. You could tell something wasn't right when he missed two free-throws in a row.

He'll bounce back. You know he will. Let's go Rockets!

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Parson was at least putting some effort in other areas such as defense. Harden on the other hand wasn't putting any effort nowhere. Dude all around game was horrendous last night. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. JJ Redick, "Come on Man" JJ Redick was eating his a** up and our Superstar didn't try to fight back.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He stomped or threw a mini fit at least 5 times. That was unfortunate to see.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I was about to say the same thing. LOL

6. dexkk

dexkk Member

At least it showed he cared :p. He has been showing more effort on D this season. Unfortunately, tonite was a bad example to highlight his efforts. He'll bounce back though. Here's hoping he'll stomp over the Blazers tomorrow.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

He wasn't hungover, he was still drunk. Why in the hell did he try to lob an ally oop to Garcia?

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Don't need to go back and look at that pimpn. I seen exactly what you are talking about. Then dude had the nerve to throw up his hands and argue with another teammate like its not his fault.

Our perimeter defense tonight was horrendous. Lin, Harden and Parson all got taken to school all night.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah I'm hopeful. I don't recall ever seeing Harden play like this when he wasn't injured (I'm assuming he isn't injured now). I would say that was the worst game I've seen him play since he came to Houston. I'm confident he'll be much better tonight. Nothing to do in Portland except stay in the hotel and have some coffee or hot cocoa.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He clearly could not play. The interesting thing is McGrady as a player thrived playing on the road. He was a road warrior that played better there than even at Home. Especially in Toronto where he played to be embarrassed that is a huge thing for him. I am sure he did not want that.

I don't see any resemblance with what happened to Harden. I think he had little sleep and he was itching to get the best of Paul and Redick but it did turn out ugly for him. He never envisioned that.

11. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Ahha......that's not good, very dangerous for a team with championship aspirations if true.

12. tomato

tomato Member

The entire game Harden was like "That picture look dusty," wiping it clean, waiting almost begging McHale to pull the trigger

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

No TMZ yet?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

5 star thread.

(there's an echo in here!)

15. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Harden had one horrible game and the world is ending? He'll definitely turn things around offensively and decison making-wise. As for his defense, hopefully he steps it up or other teams will follow suit and exploit that bearded hole.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Picture of him leaving the club...
    ___________________Club "Centaurus" in Brazil....:eek:______________________

[​IMG]
    LOL...It's the Biebs...:p

17. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Players may have off shooting nights, but Harden's refusal to defend J.J. Redick was particularly disturbing.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Semper Fi Devil Dawg!

Agreed it's just one horrible game but da** it was very ugly. The thing is he didn't put out any effort, that is what bothers a lot of people.

19. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

You mean kinda like last year??? I'm sure he'll get an earfull from the coaches and step it up cuz that was hard to watch.

20. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

just don't call me a jarhead lol