1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2013.

1. New

He was decent in the first 3 quarter. Not the 4th quarter. He was not aggressive enough on the offensive end. He needs to step up big time when Harden is clearly not the usual Beard. Lin has NOT done that today and I am disappointed. He needs to do what he did last season in the last game against the LAC. Of course, that's a tall order but that is what you would like to expect out of him if he wants to be the 3rd star on the team.

1 person likes this.
  2. quizone

quizone Member

He is the man. So is Cassipi.

3. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Players Eval

Howard: Bad calls against him early on by seriously bad officiating left him with only 6 minutes in the first half. I think Howard needs to do a better job in defending screens. I saw many times when Howard just didn't commit enough to help either Lin or Harden. I am not going to talk about his post game because we really didn't see much of it. Once we fell behind, we just gave the ball to Harden and asked him to make plays. Overall, Just work on the communications during the screen and roll defense and avoid fouls. His offensive game will come once Howard learns the spots that he can receive the ball.

Asik: I saw him hustle alot and was trying to hit the offensive boards but once we fell behind and started playing fast ball, he ran out of gas. Overall he needs to work on help defense and get better at catching passes.

Parsons: I thought he had an average game, he was making good plays along with some bad plays. His defense was bad just like his teammates. I like how he always tries to push the ball. He needs to limit his turnovers and get better at passing to Dwight. I really think Parsons has the best ability to pass to Dwight. He needs to work with Dwight.

Harden: OH Harden. I just had one of his off nights but there is no way we should give him any pass. He is not a rookie anymore. Every superstar knows that if their game is off than they need to step up on D and help their team that way. We will not got anyway until he really commits to the defensive side and takes upon the challenge to shut down people. Also he needs rest. He is little hurt an playing 4/5 doesn't help. Get better harden and become efficient again by taking to rim. Stop turning over the ball when you want to start doing Iso plays. It gives the other teams easy points.

Lin: I thought Lin really played well on offense. He tried to push the ball and create plays for others but you will not get your starting position back if you are in foul troubles (thanks to the bad officiating) or are just playing bad defense. His defense is not that bad but he sucks against the screens and pick and rolls. He helps too much off his defender in instances. The big difference i think defensively that gives Bev an advantage over Lin is that Bev can really play screen and pick and roll defense. Thus, practice the defensive mechanisms against screens and rolls.

Overall, you could tell today who had 2 days of rest and who had 1 day of rest. I saw clippers players had good legs under them on their jump shots. It wasn't short. I still give credit to Rockets for staying close with clippers after the no Harden D quarter. McHale needs to have these guys better prepared when starting games. They come out very slow and don't seem like they know what they are doing. Hopefully, we will be motivated tomorrow after this game. Portland will not be an easy win. Lillard is similar to CP in scoring wise.

4. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

It is hard to win while playing 4 on 5. The game was lost when James played no defense. Plus no helps from bigs on pnr.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You don't know what you are talking about.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I hope AB didn't aggravate his injury too badly...

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

According to LOF's lin would be getting the same stats as a clipper.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

People accused Lebron this year of playing like he doesn't care. Unless this is a trend with Harden I am not worried.

Everyone has bad games every now and then.

9. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

no I think his point is that with the paint packed we are left with Harden taking jumpers, which he is good at but his strength is getting into the paint and getting that and 1.

10. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

I really don't think we will play TT against them Sat when we need perimeter defense I am getting tired of trying feeding Howard half the time.

11. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

What is wrong with people on CF? CP3 is a superstar, Lin is not. Quit comparing the 2. Is anybody surprised by their respective numbers?

12. nono

nono Member

The refs put us in trouble early on with the lame foul calls. McHale put us in trouble by the stupid selection. Harden hurt us on both offense and defense. Parsons played decent but he has to understand that he is not Larry Bird and should play within his limits. Lin couldn't defend Paul at all. Just an all round terrible game, reflected in the blowout score.

13. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

lolol

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well I happen to disagree.

15. Jeffey

Jeffey Member

Easy there LOH, does every post of yours need to be bashing either Lin or a "LOF"?

16. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

CP3 is the best 1 in the league. Every other PG sucks compared to him

Harden played like crap. Team defense sucked. Best example was in the 4th when Lin was on CP3 and got screened off by Casspi who then let CP3 drive around him while Parsons just stood on the block watched

Probably the worst thing you could say about Lin is he was a non-factor, which is understandable since he was in foul trouble most of the game

17. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

you haven't noticed we play inside out starters and when Lin was 2nd unit we played outside in

18. lfw

lfw Rookie

According to you every LOF wish injury on Bev. LOL

19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

LAC = LA Clippers!?

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm just hoping it was the fact that he received two early fouls that led to the bad game, and not the fact that this might be the start of a slump.