1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Doesn't benefit us on nights like tonight when he doesn't want to take it to the rim. He just played completely too nonchalant. Just throwing up jumpers. 7 threes out of like 15 shots? Come on...half your shots shouldn't be threes.

I don't know if he's tired, if the twin towers are messing up the spacing and his rhythm, or he just had a bad night.

2. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

oh brother, whens the last time Lin had 17 assists in a game

3. autoprt

autoprt Member

team was making a run then missed 2 point blank shots in a row, it went downhill after that. tonight it just wasn't meant to be.

4. Drphil

Drphil Member

REEKO are you even reading? There are people on here dumping on Lin and Harden in the same posts.

How do you even differentiate who the Lin fans are that are hating on Harden anyway?

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Another Lin apologist. Lin would be a superstar just like Chris Paul if he had better teammates. :grin:

6. akuma

akuma Member

they also missed only 4 fts to the Rockets' 14, and took very good care of the ball. 10 tos to the Rockets' 15. but the Clips weren't playing defense either.

7. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

I think even Beverley would got into foul trouble against CP3.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I recall lowry always defended cp3 well. Low center of gravity, strong and fast. Lin defending CP3 is almost like a forward defending a guard. Bev, as good as his on the ball D is, I don't think will slow down CP3 that much.

We lost this game because of Harden. Can't D anyone + Horrible HORRIBLE 3 pts shot selections. I know he's trying to get himself going, but at least be smart about when to take the shot.

9. OpportunityCost

I honestly think Harden was playing hurt tonight.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

First for the few posters who say that we should trade Harden because of a horrible game, or Lin because he is not outplaying CP3, YOU GUYS SUCK!

This is one game in a freaking long season, and the Clippers wanted this game more than we did. Their determination was obvious from the onset. Heads up to the poster who said their shooters were way wide open. I guarantee that in a 7-game playoff series, they won't be free stroking like that, when the other team has more time to focus on their strength and weaknesses.

The players should forget about this game after the final wistle, and get ready for Portland. Contenders typically do not lose two in a row.

11. rocketsmetalspd

On to the next game. Portland will be waiting, Houston will need to come out focus and not get behind early like the last two games. Need to start off strong in the 1st. Another tough PG for the team to contend with.

12. The Blake Show

Rockets 43 free throws, Clippers 28. So at least we know refs weren't the reason for the blowout loss.

13. webattorney

webattorney Member

As bad as Rockets played, Rockets had several chances to get to 7 or 6 points, but for some reason, Rockets always missed easy shots and couldn't get closer. Refs and shots were falling in, and I dare say, if Harden played a little better, it would have been a very close game.

14. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

If you guys paid attention, rewatch the game and look at Clipper's offense, those were crafted and designed. Reddick got double screen set for him through out the game, Chris Paul gets soo many screen, and when he doesnt have the ball he set screen for the big man. and then you look at our offense? I am really not confident in Mchale

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

This loss is a combination of everything. Harden unable to guard Reddick. Team help defense is horrible. Parson missing layups and dunk...so is Howard. Lin unable to guard CP3 but who can really guard him. I mean nobody can stop the pick n roll but the Rockets need to play better team defense. Howard making stupid fouls and getting calls for 3 secs violation....Rockets never play a clean game.

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

At one point, Lin had 7 and 7, Paul at that point had 15 and 14.

It wasn't even close then

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Either that or he was out a little late last night instead of getting his rest. He looked like ****.

18. mothman

mothman Member

Well he could if Haren is playing for the floppers.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278808

^ Paul would get Lin and Beverley in foul trouble. Still, to have 2 PGs that can play solid defense against him is a hell of a lot better than one. Plus Lin/Bev on court means McHale can bench Harden when he's having one of those days.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm not going to excuse his poor play unless their is something to suggest that. and NO I'm not a Lin fan.