1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2013.

1. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

Good summery of the game. Calm down people (including myself). But I am really pissed off by the refs.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Hard to complain about superstar calls when it benefits us most of the time with James Harden

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You are delusional. No one is blaming Lin. You are making things up to be mad.

4. New

Lin played solid defense before he gets into foul trouble. CP3's points befor 4th quarter is below his average. I gave him credit for that. But on 4th quarter, Lin's defense is really not on par, and he needs to learn how to avoid getting into foul trouble early in the game.

About CP3's assists, you should know what was happening after you watched how he got his first 4 assists.

5. LoLin

LoLin Member

True, though at that point it's probably still better than putting someone with 4 fouls on CP3, knowing that he's going to town in the 4th quarter. With Beverley, they'll have more fouls to spread out.

6. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

With team defense that crappy, it wouldn't have mattered

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Whatever. One game in a long season and I kind of expected the loss here. However, I do wish we can win tomorrow.

More importantly hoping that Harden's not injured but also simply having a crappy night.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Houston would have had a better chance tonight if they went with Smith, Parsons, Garcia, Casspi, and Lin.....

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The whole team played like garbage except for Casspi yet the Lin apologists are still out in force. I'm surprised.

10. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Chris paul is a superstar dude. I thought Lin did an admirable job. The refs made some awful calls.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Out played! The guys were totally out of this one.

12. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

You are right that everyone bears some blame, but Harden, refs, good shooting by Clippers and bad coaching were the primary reasons Rockets lost this game. I thought Greg Smith played well. Also, I don't think Twin Towers will work against most teams.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Let me guess, LOF?

14. OpportunityCost

Straw man.

15. autoprt

autoprt Member

lin did ok tonight but beverly definitely was missed. i really thought the rox at some point was going to turn it around and get a win but clips to good for that. hopefully this not a pattern where we kill weaker teams and lose to the good ones but i'll keep hope alive all will be ok.

16. mikster

mikster Rookie

Stats can prove that theory

17. adobo

adobo Member

This game was so annoying, because they blew there whistle bloody every minute. Its as if the ref's wanted to be influential in the game. So many of those fouls could have been 50/50 no calls, but they called them 90% of the time.

18. Tdugs710

Tdugs710 Member

This game honestly doesn't bother me that much. Sure it would have been nice to win, but if you discount the horrendous 1st quarter, it was a pretty close game throughout. The 3 quick bs fouls on Dwight early on really hurt us offensively (he was moving Deandre Jordan like a toothpick in the second half when posting up) and obviously defensively. I expect us to become a more balance offense as time goes on and for the TT trial to either be straightened out or scrapped all together. Our team will be fine, everybody just happened to be hitting everything tonight. Don't panic Rox fans!!

19. quizone

quizone Member

This. Remind me Tony Parker and his company. Good player + good team work = invincible.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Put down the pipe.