1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cut Bullock Tonight Worst Kicker The Last 5 Yrs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DJboutit, Nov 3, 2013.

1. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

what does him being an aggie have to do with? I guess a lot people on this thread were denied entrance to aTm..lulz

2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

who cares, damage has been done.

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Lol if you think he's getting cut. This is the Texans

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I firmly believe we'll hear the quote "We believe in Randy and will do everything possible to help him get this fixed."

5. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I miss Shayne Grahm:(

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think the concern is that our head coach is also an Aggie...and that perhaps a draft pick was spent somewhere it should have been based on some allegiance.

That may be neither accurate nor fair...but he's being called Fat Randy and Aggie Kicker both here and on Twitter.

#86 MadMax, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I miss Ian Howfield. :(

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i miss neil rackers

9. likestohypeguy

[​IMG]

10. Rockets123645

Rockets123645 Member

5 years? This fool is worst of all time...

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Allegedly it was Marciano who wanted him and if you look back at the draft threads here and most places, Bullock was well regarded by fans.

The idea that he was drafted because he was an Aggie is ludicrous. Most people in the draft thread were calling for him.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's absolutely ludicrous.

But Aggie Kicker kinda rolls of the tongue.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

When was the last time you made a post that wasn't about this? Are you so butt-hurt that you feel the need to be the defender of Aggies everywhere. Get over it. He's an Aggie. He's a kicker. He sucks.

1 person likes this.
  14. Cannonball

True. I wouldn't say most. But the one's who were calling for us to draft a kicker were mentioning Bullock specifically.

We may criticize (jokingly or not) Kubiak for his ties to A&M, but the fans often hype up the stock of local players whether merited or not. Vince Young. Case Keenum. Even Bullock. I guarantee you that Texans fans are higher on Manziel than fans of other teams are simply because he plays up the road in College Station. The fans are just as guilty, and probably more so, than the Texans management of being local college homers.

15. Nook

Nook Member

The fans wanted a kicker in the draft and Bullock had been a very good college kicker. He was very consistent and reliable from 35-50 yards. With the Texans philosophy and offensive ability at the time of the draft, Bullocks strengths were exactly what Kubiak and the staff wanted. They could live with missing 55 yarders is they KNEW they would get 3 points from 45 yards.

At this point there is no point getting another kicker. The season is over as far as the playoffs are concerned. If Bullock doesn't get better, then you cut him at the end of the season. If he improves you write off his struggles as solved and go with him next season.

I would point out that Sebastian Janikowski has been poor this season as well.

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i agree, bullock gives us our best chance to lose. keep em comin, randy!!

17. Cannonball

Bull. Graham was 7-9 from 40-49 last year. The big criticism on him was his leg strength. He was 4-9 from 50+. The Texans wanted a kicker who could kick the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs and could at least get the ball to the uprights on 55 yard attempts. Bullock was brought in to hit 50+ yarders, not just 45 yard kicks. If they just wanted 45 yarders, they could've stuck with Graham.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Then the Texans took the wrong kicker.

They should have taken Zuerlein if they wanted a robo kicker that lacks touch but can kick the ball a mile.

Also 7-9 on 40-49 yarders is decent but not special.

19. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

LOL..

20. Cannonball

Well, Zuerlein is 11-12 from 40-49 thus far in his career. Randy is 7-11. And Zeurlein was 23-24 his senior year, at least 9 of which were from 50+ including 2 58 yarders.

Seems like he has more touch than Bullock at this point.

And using hindsight, maybe that's where the accusations of institutional favoritism comes in. "We could've drafted Zuerlein but of course Gary went with the Aggie instead."