1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 19, 2013.

1. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Honestly, I find the last few issues of the comic to be a bit boring. Don't really like/care for the characters Jesus nor Ezekiel.
    Don't really like the hook up of Rick & Andrea.

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I can't wait til Carl starts coughing.

... Up blood.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Interesting development to say the least, but they seriously need to wrap up the flu storyline.

4. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Rick is way too trusting. He gave two guns to Eminem, who seemed a bit shady. I hope Carol's Shane/heel turn has a good storyline.

Why didn't Daryl's group leave the school lab from the same way they entered? Instead of going through dark and unexplored hallways with walkers bleeding from the eyes?

5. Raven

Raven Member

Once again, Rick does things half ass. If Carol can't be trusted then shoot her, and I guess we now know which origin character "gets it" this season. Either that or the writers want to move her character to the other series, though I doubt that's what their plan is. And it's ironic that Carol draws the short straw. Just as the character finally gets interesting, after three seasons of uselessness, the writers decide to make this her last season. And could it be more obvious who she's going to just happen to bump into?

6. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Zombies need better coaching. Their offense is predictable and they have no mobility outside the pocket.

1 person likes this.
  7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

last two episodes were pretty forgettable. I fell asleep at the end of last night's.

the Governor? or the other crew? is it really obvious? is there a spinoff series in the works?
    I'm not following.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Yes, a second series has been announced, but Kirkman says it will be a completely different show and cast. It's pretty much assumed by everyone that the Governor returns later in the season.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I want to see Carol turn to the dark side, come back, and kill Rick. That's what I got out of last episode. Rick has no authority to make those decisions on his own. He gave up that right. I think he thought he was saving Carol from Tyrese by doing that. But, the idea he would outcast Carol over something like that...I just don't buy it. And, I don't buy that Carol would kill those people on her own. The excuse was not good enough considering those two were already isolated. The writers are screwing this sh_t up. George is getting mad!!!!

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I was hoping Carol would run Rick over, then head back to the prison on her own. It was also interesting to see the zombies have adapted a new tactic of wearing ghillie suits and hiding in bushes. They also calm down and mosy on their own business when the group has a heart-to-heart talk on roofs.

And does anybody else get tired of Rick's acting? Whenever he has a stern talk with someone, he always bends the knees, sways back and forth, tilts his chin down, and looks up at people with his forehead wrinkled.

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

I'm hate to be nitpicky guy but it really bothered me when they went on the medicine run and seemed to leave a crapload of bottles on the shelves when they left.

Now maybe I missed something because as the show is going on I find myself zoning out more and more in these episodes.

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I believe they had a list of things they needed to get so don't need to grab everything.

But I thought this was the weakest episode of the season though, way too much dialogue and side stories I really don't care for (i.e. new alcoholic guy, Tyrese's temper tantrums).

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

A better episode and a way better Talking Dead. I guess I wasn't the only one that criticized last week's show, even the guests poked fun at Manson.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I see what the writers were going for but I think they failed, the dialogue was too weak and the "weight" of the circumstances wasn't really substantial to the audience, because the characters affected don't mean much to us. They tried to run a complex triple-option run to the outside on 3rd and long, and wound up handing it off to the fullback for 3 yards and a punt.

15. TerryGoldfain

TerryGoldfain Member

Personally, I'm really enjoying Season 4. Perhaps "enjoying" is the wrong word as some of the themes covered over the last couple of weeks have been far from enjoyable, but definitely gripping.

I loved the gradual downward spiral from the 1st ep of the season where everything was weirdly peaceful, even cheerful in places, and they were working like a well oiled machine to the last 3 episodes which have been nightmarish to say the least.

It shows that the Scott Gimple, the most recent showrunner (who replaced Glen Mazzara, who replaced Frank Darabont) and scripted the best episode from last season 'Clear' knows what he's doing and thankfully his tenure has been extended for next season.

I'm also loving the inventive use of Zombies from the roof-cave-in to the hedge-trap this episode.

If last season was a solid B, this one, so far is a B+ which is a huge accomplishment for a zombie show, and a big improvement on previous seasons.

Aside from the Rockets, and my growing love of fantasy basketball (read about my rookie trials and tribulations in the beginners fantasy basketball thread) I'm a big fan of drama tv so will be spending a lot of time viewing threads in the 'television' tag.

16. Raven

Raven Member

Too much drama over two meaningless character deaths, characters who were introduced just so they could be killed - red shirts, but every season sees the death of at least one season one character, and there are only five left, Rick, Carl, Daryl, Glenn, and Carol. I figured it would be Glenn this season, but I'm not surprised the writers are going to off Carol. I just think her personalty has been altered too much. It's kind of jarring to see her go from a behind the scenes character to a main character. The obvious prediction is that she reappears at the end of the season, with either the Governor or the other rumored bad guy.

17. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Since the scene where Rick re-envisioned Carol stabbing Karen in the back of the neck I doubt that is possible now.

It'd be crazy if Carol came back as an enemy at one point, I don't put it past them to pull something like that off later down the line.

19. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I thought the governor was killed by the zombies last season when looking for Andrea. Talk about pregnancy brain! Where is he now then??

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Why not? Are they afraid they will exceed their Healthcare Savings Account?