1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

QFTOS: (Jeremy Lin Edition) *for entertainment purposes only*

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Nov 2, 2013.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

But I didn't because it would be wrong to accuse every Asian of acting like a know it all... :)

2. mastathor

mastathor Rookie

These days... players are marketed more than the team... that's why there are Harden only fans, Howard only fans, Lin only fans, Lebron only fans, Kobe only fans, etc.

Gone are the days when the team is marketed more than the players.

Right now, players sell tickets. Players sell team items. Players make casual NBA fans watch the game.

Is this bad? Of course not.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Where? I noticed a few troll laker/ OKC fans joined the board, but haven't seen anyone calling for mchales head for pulling harden/Dwight out after 2
    Fouls.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Making LOFs look like imbeciles; always. It's hilarious to see those clowns angry on the internet. They **** on my team so I do the same to them

5. kakaman

kakaman Member

Since no one added any comments from the Jazz game, allow me to do the honors:

Pretty cringeworthy comments, although the note about Jeremy refinding his mid-range game is valid. Even in the finals, the Spurs dared Lebron to shoot open mid-range jumpers, and the only way the Heat won was because Lebron was confident in those. Both Harden and Lin will have to rely more on their mid range games when teams start sealing the paint.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

It's not one or two that are rotten on that site, it is the entire posters there that are imbeciles.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I have to say that the Jazz broadcast crew did 3x the job of Dallas' crew. I muted Dallas' guys mid-3rd Quarter.

8. smr6

smr6 Member

What baffles me is that the people on that site think that we get upset over here when Lin has a good game?

They do realize that if the Rockets win we are happy with everyone who contributed to that. They need to understand what it really means to be a fan. If Jeremy Lin averaged 30 points a game and we were winning then he would be our favorite player over here. We care about the team success and if we are winning then we will recognize the players that helping us win.

And as for the comments on the Jazz announcers. I couldn't take them serious after they said Parsons was lucky to make a lef handed layup. He then went on to make multiple left handed lay ups including using his left hand on the right side of the basket once.

9. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

Wow ......just wow I kept thinking to myself they have to be joking but it just continued lol

10. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

It's because Harpring would have been lucky to make a left-handed layup when he played. He also wasn't high on Lin early on but began to praise him as the game went on. The guy clearly doesn't know much about the Rockets.

11. Gil

Gil Member

What's the point of this thread being up? We complain about LOF's polluting the GARM and then in turn dedicate a thread to a bunch of quotes from people that don't even post on here.

LOL, logic.

12. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I do fee that Houston announcers are pretty bad. Offer no insights to anything. I also listen to other team's announcers.

13. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

"fee" should be "feel".

14. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Have to admit those dudes are pathetic. Lmao.

15. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

I remember going on that website and the admin was saying that Lin was gonna put up CP3 esque numbers(Pre-Harden). Yea CP3 numbers with far less efficiency and two times the TOs.:eek:

16. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

lin needs to step it up tonite against cp3

17. Dementium

Dementium Member

Its a LOH circle jerk basically. You cherry pick the worst comments from a fanatical fan website what the heck do you expect?

They support Lin mainly and they are on their website. Personally I am a Lin fan and even I can't take some of their comments. But the site is called jeremylin.net not clutchfans. So I am not sure why we are posting comments from there.

Its classless and frankly should be below us, as pointed out by a moderator earlier (who was blithely ignored)

18. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

you cant take the jazz announcers seriously when they didnt even know the intentional foul rules under 2min...#mattharpingidiot

20. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

The clash of LOH vs LOF is hilarious. It's really entertaining on a basic level. Oh, the passion. Like there is nothing else in the world to think of and get up in arms about. Well, at least it's funny.