1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haralabos Voulgaris Twitter Rant: Kevin Durant should leave OKC for Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Sketzophrenic

Sketzophrenic Member

morey definitely want asik to stay so he can use him as trade asset when durant is available..

classic morey..

2. NewAge

NewAge Member

KD has much less reason to stay in OKC than Dwight, Melo, Lebron, CP3 had to stay with their respective teams.. Perhaps only D-Will and Bosh were in a worse situation.

The way the league works now, it's stupid to turn down your first post-rookie max contract, so the stars stay with their respective team for that and then it's "adios", to a better city, better organisation, better teammates. Anticipating teams trade them beforehand to get something in return. The sooner you trade them the more you get in return. Jazz was ahead on D-Will and ended up with Favours, pretty good prospect.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

OKC is not great anymore. I do not see this team can win a title within three years, then KD needs to figure out his future before that, Houston does has a chance to get him.

4. Babalooga

Babalooga Member

If Durant joins us, who is the person he'll be showing us that he's on their level?

Universe implodes thru Clutchfans website traffic.

5. quatin

quatin Member

I don't see how this can work. If we sign Durant, we would have $60 million tied up between Howard, Durant and Harden. That doesn't leave much at all to fill up the rest of the team.

Houston would need to win the championship next year and be the heavy favorites the following year to get more role players to take a salary cut to play on our team.

6. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

You just described OKC's dilemma. Suck it up Les...pay the luxury tax :)

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Mmmmm.....Dream scenarios

Asik + Lin to ATL, TJones + 1st rd pick to Philly, Horford and Evan Turner to HOU. Re-sign Turner and Parsons in the summer.

Harden, Turner and Parsons 25yo and under; D12 and Horford 27yo

Bev/AB/Canaan
    Harden/Garcia/Brewer
    Parsons/Turner
    Horford/Casspi/Cov
    D12/DMo/Smith

Goodnight, sweet Western Conference prince

don't bring facts into my dream scenario!

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

He wanted a 15% trade kicker. Which effectively meant that if OKC trades him, he'd become a max player. Meaning he was willing to stay underpaid for as long as he was with the team. Presti said no, which is GM equivalent of saying "no I'm still thinking about trading you down the road." And Harden rightfully told him shove it.

Presti wanted Harden to both sacrifice money for the team while the team can get rid of Harden's contract at any time. Not to mention a contract that would raise his value in FA because it's undervalued. There's no player in the world that would give a team such a sweetheart deal.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am not one of the money/contract guys around here, but I can't imagine how that would be financially possible. The payroll would be astronomical.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wonder when was the last time a Champion had a fiscally sound and under the cap and the tax payroll.