1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

HuffPo: Obamacare rollout has been a complete disaster.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Oct 18, 2013.

1. esteban

esteban Member

I just threw up in my mouth....

Best line of the hearing" a 32 year old single man does not need maternity care....that same man can not get pregnant".

2. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

fixed

3. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

They are going to remember why that extra 300 dollars is leaving their bank account every month.

4. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Can you provide a link to proof that the average American will be paying an extra $300 per month?

Our family's rate is going down. and we are even being granted a two month rate holiday. Our coverage is better, too.

5. esteban

esteban Member

The silver hair liar is lying to us again " I can't get on the health exchange because it is illegal"

Liar.....pants on fire!

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

knowledge is your friend

Sebelius, who turned 65 in May, is enrolled in Medicare is thus ineligible to enroll for insurance through the exchanges. Exchange plans “duplicate many benefits provided by Medicare, and it is illegal for insurance companies, agents and brokers to sell such polices to people known to have Medicare,”

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/10/30/2861601/yes-illegal-sebelius-enroll-obamacare/

7. esteban

esteban Member

She never said she has Medicare when answering the question. Honesty is your friend

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

A simple "thanks mark I was wrong" would have sufficed.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

http://news.yahoo.com/healthcare-go...tifies-that-it-s-never-crashed-181641521.html

HealthCare.gov suffers outage as Sebelius testifies that it's never crashed

This whole thing is a big joke ... on the American people.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I fully agree this rollout has been a disaster and that Obama was wrong to say that you could keep your insurance.

What is lost in all this though is that the status quo prior to ACA was worse and was headed towards a disaster. The Republicans never offered a valid alternative, their solution was to keep all the popular stuff without addressing how costs could be contained and coverage expanded.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Very true.

12. esteban

esteban Member

So you could not refute what I said?

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Obama 2009

You can keep your current health care plan! Period.

Obama 2013

JUST SHOP AROUND!! YOU'RE ON A SUB-STANDARD PLAN YOU DUNCE!

14. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

well its a done deal. no crying over spilt milk. and that's not sarcasm.

republicans have a golden opportunity to be part of the solution. but they are stupid

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

ladies and gentlemen, the above is what the democrats have devolved into.

when you cannot argue based on logic/reason, you resort to that.

16. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

bro, some old person said if you're not part of the solution, well you're smart. but i'll never understand it

17. esteban

esteban Member

Other than you libtards, no one in this country will believe a single word from Barry ever again.

18. Space Ghost

I disagree that its better. Instead of a complete overhaul, ACA could have fixed the major issues and let future legislation continue improving.

And keep in mind this is ALL Obama. He forced it though on his own will. I couldn't imagine Bush jamming something like this through by himself.

ACA .. is a mockery in itself. Everyones premiums are going up. Its not so affordable now. And we wonder why people are so anti government.

19. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Are you kidding me? Go read up on how the Republicans passed Medicare Part D. It makes the ACA passage look like child's play.

Medicare Part D actually failed on the house floor. Hastert flat out refused to certify a valid vote so Tom Delay could armtwist Republicans and Moderate Democrats for 6 hours until 3AM. Oh and not to mention in the Senate, they actually passed a bipartisan version of part D that Ted Kennedy helped write. Then when the house and senate went to conference, they basically stripped everything that Kennedy wrote into the bill while simultaneously banning the Democratic Senate conferees to even participate in the conference committee.

Dont even pretend that mean old Obama somehow bullied the Republicans into this when Republicans mastered this art in 2004.

20. Space Ghost

So Republicans do something bad and its ok for Democrats to push a turd through? This is partisan politics at its best.

In the mean time, I would like to sign up for the centurion package.