1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can't win a ring with CP3

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tmacfor35, Oct 30, 2013.

1. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Relax its 1st game of the season, 81 more to go. We shall have a better evaluation of the Clips by the All Star break.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Blake Griffin is actually awful and terribly overrated. The guy is good for flashy dunks and highlight reels, but he has no real moves.

Nobody on that team outside of Paul and Crawford can create a good shot. And only Paul creates good shots for his teammates.

I always felt the Clippers were pretenders. Even after their offseason moves this year.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

No team that STARTS Jared Dudley can claim to be the deepest team in the league. The Clips have a strong bench, but I think the Rockets bench is deeper. The only area where they're better is they have a dependable scorer off the bench, and Lin might be our answer there.

And don't forget -- these are the Clippers. As long as Donald Sterling owns the team, they won't reach the finals. Doesn't matter what players are on the roster, Sterling will find a way to ***k it up.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ironic? Tracy was a great player when healthy.

I post religiously in a Rockets forum after the fact(left town). His departure from Houston was terrible and I think he is a giant baby.

Add something to the topic, don't attack my username. I know a little bit about the game, so don't take it off topic now.

5. tmacfor35

Blake has good footwork and the athletic ability to create off the dribble. They need to get him more involved. Paul said it himself, that the Clippers will live or die via Griffin.

Paul isn't the kind of PG that will win you a championship. He takes his own guys off their game.

6. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

He's no more ball dominant than kobe is and he's a two time finals mvp....

7. tmacfor35

Kobe got the stats, but Shaq was the reason for the first few. He opened up the court for everyone.

Kobe's most recent was more so the frontline of LA.

Kobe didn't run PNR every play. He iso'd, and although he did a ton. He was looking to score unlike Paul.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

And you're saying this after he couldn't go 1-on-1 against Wesley Johnson, or Jordan Farmar?

I'll give you that Griffin has good speed, footwork, and handles in the open court. But in a half court offense, he couldn't post up his grandma. And did you see how many 18-foot jumpshots he missed? The guy is terrible at facing up, too.

9. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

You aren't going to win a ring with a superstar PG alone. CP3 is basically the proof. No matter how good you're PG is, he's just the General and needs at least one other superstar piece to pass to.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You aren't going to win a ship without multiple superstars. I think Lebron saw that before everyone else.

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Actually Blake has horrible footwork. Have you seen him going up for shots after a post up? It's horribly ugly. He it's off balance on almost all of his shots. He also isn't a great shooter. You really can't run your offense through him. He is overrated. A great athlete but overrated because of his athletic ability.

On CP3, I think he is a championship level point guard. It's just that none of the guys he plays with are only successful when they are set up. Dudley, Reddick, Griffin and Jordan can't do anything on their own, make shots for themselves or for others. If CP3 played on a team where he had other playmakers, it would be different.

12. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

CP3 or Rose?

Both are ball-dominant PG.

Who do you pick?

13. conquistador#11

if you clone him at 6'7 and at 6'11 and had three of them starting, you might win one

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

is it me?..or has blake griffin not worked on anything this summer...is shot has this weird chuck hayes like hitch in(not that bad but its there)..and I notice he got switched with smallers guarding him in the post and he couldn't score...the rockets are so much better than them

15. chrisgraham

chrisgraham Member

Blake is extremely overrated and that translates to an overrated team...i am glad that cp3 did not come here, he is decent and also overrated, another reason i don't like him is because he is a crybaby diva. Look at lasts nights game- he was getting pressured on the ball and he committed two frustration fouls in a row. This is supposed to be your leader and he is loosing his cool?

16. tmacfor35

Rose is more scorer oriented. I would label him as more of a SG(because of scorers mentality).

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

same crap happens every year. Regular season: "Oh CP3 is teh best PG!!"

Playoffs : "That TP guy is the best PG!"

There has to be a certain point where CP3 needs to be held accountable. Yea he dishes out great assists but it kind of seems like he stat pads some times. It sounds like a dumb point, I know, but after watching him for like 8 yrs or so now thats the problem I see with his game and mentality.

CP3 really needs T-Mac treatment, no way he always gets off on a pass.

Healthy Rose > CP3. In the playoffs, I'd pick Parker over both of them though, much much more seasoned and clutch.

18. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

We won't beat them in a 7 game series, and I think he has the potential to be the best pg to have ever played the game. Regarding the Clips, they're not so much great as complete in a relatively weak western conference, and it helps that they are 2 deep at every position, and they will be in the finals this year.

Good point on the dominant pg, my 2 teams would be the Spurs and Bad Boy Pistons. I don't think another team has won a championship with a hall of fame pg in recent memory. But CP3 has a weird way of dominating with the ball in his hands that doesn't make him look selfish. He is a monster scorer and could put up 26/27 a game if he wanted to. And it helps that his teammates (aside from jamaal crawford) don't need the ball in their hands to do what they do

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The rockets would lay the Clipps to the floor. I guarantee you that much, we have that extra gear for the playoffs while they don't. They are one of the most mentally weak teams I have ever seen. Completely collapse under pressure.

20. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Don't get me wrong Blake Griffin is a great player but I don't think of him as a superstar. Superstars have the ability to take over games, and he doesn't imo