1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't win a ring with CP3

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tmacfor35, Oct 30, 2013.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This has nothing to do with last nights masterpiece put on by the Clips but I have seen enough from Chris Paul to know he isn't winning a championship.

Someone that ball dominant is a detriment to his team. Has a pg dominant team ever won a championship? Too much standing around, and not enough ball movement has led me to believe that this Clippers squad is the least of the Rockets worries in regards to advancing in the playoffs.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

How are blake and deandre going to do anything against the TT?

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

agreed OP

also lol at Deandre dude is trash and so overrated just like the rest of the clippers

4. tmacfor35

It's not even that, but Chris Paul just takes his own guys out of the game. I love watching him play, but it isn't winning basketball.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

he has been overrated to me, he gets assist but half are because griffin and jordan average 2 lobs a night any PG would throw them because that is their strength catching lobs. Cp3 (20mill) goes 5-13fg plays bad defense on the perimeter watches 3s go down like plenty of nights, let that happen with Lin here and the whole board is going to be going for his head.

6. tmacfor35

Guy has the physical tools to be dominant in the paint. I think what differs from DJ and Dwight is bball IQ. Deandre is trash.

7. tmacfor35

He would have been a bad fit with Harden.

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Does Rondo for Boston when they won qualify as ball-dominant?

9. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

In my opinion not really. Especially they year they won the title, he really wasn't a major part of that run, it was the tail end of the big three era where he really started to become the dominant player for them and they still beat the cav's in 2010 and lost to the Lakers in 7 in the finals

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol Rondo was not the reason they won the ship

KG>>>>>>>blake/deandre
    Pierce>>>>>>reddick/dudley/barnes/
    Allen >>>>>>>>>>>>>

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The answer is yes. But I agree. Point guard is the last position I'd want a star at. They become the head of the beast. Attack the head, and the whole ship sinks.

12. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Magic Johnson was a dominant force in the 80's but CP3 will never reach the stardom like Magic. Magic understood the game well and his bball IQ was off the chat. Magic made everyone around him better. You can argue that Worthy and Kareem were great HOFers but without Magic, they would never reach their peak performance level.

Without question, CP3 is a talented player, but he is so blinded by his own ego and power control that he loses the sight of the game. His job is not evaluating talents, assembling his roster, nor having preference on who to coach the team. It causes a serious problem of conflict of interest. You can dislike a coach or even get them fired, but you can't hire a coach of your choice. Exact same thing is happening with Knicks.

His only job, as a point guard, is to elevate his teammates' on court performance. Nothing more and nothing less!

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Magic Johnson? Isiah Thomas?

14. tmacfor35

Who was that pg?

I think for a pg to lead his team to a championship, he has to play more as a sg.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

At least Dwight dragged a team to the finals. What's Paul's excuse?

16. tmacfor35

Magic had Kareem and Worthy who excelled in the half court. That was more of a team.

Isaiah has pg label, but he was a shoot first guard no doubt.

Stockton,Nash,Paul

Ball dominant players who never got the ring.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

There's no reason whatsoever why the Clippers shouldn't be in the WCF this year (unless injuries just completely plague their season). There's really not an excuse left. They are arguably the deepest team in the league, have a championship winning coach, and for the first time have been picked by a lot of people to come out of the west.

I'm sure it'll take time getting acclimated to a new coach and system to start off the season, but anything less than a trip to the WCF is a complete failure for them.

18. what

what Member

The bad boys.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah but that was in a totally different era of basketball.

The Nash, Kidd, and Stockton led teams never won a championship. I think you can have a ball dominating PG win a championship, but they can't be the best player(s) on the team.

At least two more superstars would be needed to carry the rest of the load.

20. tmacfor35

Howard had a great backup C, scoring pg, and a facilitator at the SF position. That team was a perfect balance.