1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Because Michonne wants to kill the Gov before he kills her. Obviously, she's a sitting duck at the prison, so by going after the Gov, she still has something of an element of surprise.

Also, I think Andrea dying in the season finale last season had a lot to do with it as well. Michonne had the closest connection with her, and the Gov indirectly killed Andrea, pretty much.

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I think it is implied (or maybe I'm just a sick person) that he rapes her while he is torturing her.

3. New Generation

^This. People who don't like the show can't go to sleep until all of Clutchfans knows how much Breaking Bad is better and how bad this show is. Then they'll be back next week to repeat the cycle.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

That wouldn't be a good idea.

Say there's three people after a huge herd attack. The three characters would essentially live throughout the course of the series (unless the series finale decided to kill everyone.)

The point of the group dynamic is to make losses more heartwrenching. If you have a small group (3-4 people) it becomes obvious that none of the people are going to get killed off.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Has there been a single "heart wrenching" death in this show?

Maybe if they focused on just a couple characters and developed them a little, we as viewers might actually care if one of them was killed. So far, I can't think of a character that has died that I was not actively rooting AGAINST

6. Raven

Raven Member

How could you have cheered the death of Shane, both the most interesting character and the show's best actor? As boring as season three was, imagine if Shane had been there? The possibilities would have been endless!

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Shane probably had the only "meaningful" death, but he his character had run his source, he died at the right time. I guess I was more indifferent to his death than anything. But he is still the only character on the whole show to go on any kind of life journey

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

I think these two comments are directed towards my last post. I love it Breaking bad, it's the best show I've watched.

The reason why I'm so critical of The Walking Dead is because there is so much potential with this show but it keeps falling short of expectations. Right now, TWD is a 7 out of 10, but it should be a 10/10!

I want this show to be good, but unfortunately the poor writing, decision making, changing of different show runners will be its undoing.

9. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I was pretty bummed when Andrea's sister and the hot black milf died in season one.

But I guess that wrenched my dick more than my heart.

10. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I cheered on Shane's death. When he fed Otis to the zombies, that was the last straw. I rather die following Rick & the gang's stupid decisions than not knowing when I will have a knife on my back.

I was more bummed with Merle's death, at least you always know where he stands.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I cried when Dale died.

Tears of joy.

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

NEVER FORGET!

[​IMG]

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Wasn't it implied that both would die if Shane did not sacrifice Otis?

I thought it was the right call by Shane on that occasion. He was mostly the bad guy but he had to make a call at that moment to save himself and get the equipment back to the farm. And, Otis was going to get them both killed imo and was responsible for putting them in that situation because he shot Carl (even if mistakenly). I didn't see them both making it or why would Shane have done it?

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL Shane was crazy. His obsession with Lori had driven him insane.

Basically they were two different mindsets. Shane is the one who would leave or let die anyone who didn't serve his purpose and Rick was the one wanting to save everyone and keep as many people alive as possible. They couldn't co-exist.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Haha I forgot about T-Dog dying. That's how worthless his character was. And how worthless all these other zombie fodder are.

They really should kill off more name characters. In the comics, nobody is safe.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

TWD is not BB or GOT

17. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Right, and it's okay to mention the other shows on this thread imo.

There will never be another Breaking Bad, but that doesn't mean The Walking Dead isn't a great show.

18. Nook

Nook Member

The Walking Dead is worth watching.... But it could be so much better.

19. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

You might be right. I think that scene could've been interpreted in different ways just like the scene where the kid hand over the gun to Carl.

I may have "misremembered", but didn't Otis came back to save Shane? I recall a scene where Shane was about to give up and Otis saved him. Otis could've left on his own and leave Shane there. That is what pissed me off. Would you have been ok if Otis shoved Shane to the zombies?

I understand your point and it may very well be the best thing to do. I guess I just didn't like Shane still trying to mess with another person's wife even after Rick came back.

Yes, I agree.

20. droopy421

droopy421 Member

If you want it to be better just read the comic. ;)