1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin says he's OK with being Rockets' 6th Man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Oct 28, 2013.

1. yummyhawtsauce

lol Yea they both went to pretty crappy organizations ALTHOUGH the Raptors honestly do not have bad pieces, it's just for some reason things don't fit. Before it was Coaching and GM, but now both are gone, the Raptors should be better.

But is this a time to be better when the next draft is going to be pretty sick? Wiggins said he would love to play for his hometown (I'm from Toronto too btw)

2. coffeelover665

I don't get why you guys acting like Lin accepting to go to the bench is a weakness. Why should he demand a trade and throw a hissy fit?

3. rj3000

rj3000 Member

Seemed to work for Asik.

4. persons

persons Member

Lin just being himself with damage control for the fans... of course you'd be pissed anyone would be pissed...

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Asik is starting because:

1) Our PF's suck. They are all flash and zero substance until they prove otherwise. TJones and DMo both show promises, but they are not close to being able to start.

2) Asik is a top 10 center in the league easily and top 3 in D IMO. Lin is not even a top 10 PG and honestly, there is not really any drop off going from Lin to Bev when our starters are in. That is not to say that Lin is bad, but he is not good enough for us to try to make work with Harden and Howard, when Harden alone makes him redundant.

3) Asik and Howard gives us an impenetrable defense in half court sets. We all know this. If they can make it work on offense, it will be incredible. We already know what Lin offers, and it is not D. He offers offense which between Harden, Howard, and Parsons, we already have in spades.

4) Our bench sucks at creating. Sure we have players up the wazoo who can can the open shot, but someone has to make sure they are left open first. Bev is not that someone and Lin can be.

LoF's are upset with this move because:

1) Lin is no longer the starter and they would much rather he be the starter than contemplate what maybe better for the team.

2) They consider this disrespectful of him as they feel is some amazing player (he is not) who has earned the starting role and that the Rockets are benching our "best" player, which could not be further from the truth. I personally don't consider Lin top 3 on the Rockets, 4th maybe.

3) They are not Rockets fans

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

No what i want is for mchale to not eff up the pg situation again. What i want is for mchale to understand that stability at the pg position is very important. What i want is for him to stick with a decision. Lin will do fine off the bench. My fear is mchale will start the alternate starter bs once bevs shortcomngs on the offensive side becomes more apparent and starts bothering our second best player.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You are clueless.

8. CRJames14

CRJames14 Member

Will people be this upset if Lin averages similar minutes to Beverley but just has to come off the bench? I see a lot of scenarios where the two of them are on the court together.

Coming off the bench is not a demotion like some are taking this. This also isn't a personal insult to you as a fan. Trust that the coaching staff has the best interests of the team as a whole and let's get ready for some basketball. We are 26 hours away from the most exciting season we have had in nearly 5 years.

One last point. This is game 1 out of 82 regular season games. The starting lineup today doesnt have to be the starting lineup for the other 81 games. Lin could start against Dallas on Friday for all we know. So Relax, enjoy the games and let's support our Rockets.

9. iku

iku Member

While I don't think Lin is an amazing player, he accomplished enough last year to propel the Rockets into the playoffs. I just feel bad for the kid for losing his starting position out of the blue. Patrick Beverley plays excellent on ball defense, but I thought Jeremy sacrificed his body to take more charges. Anyways, lets just see how our new starting line up will do on Wednesday!

10. jayland

jayland Member

Nothing against Lin but Bev is already the superior player now and will have a much much better career than Lin when it's all over. The future is now.

[​IMG]

11. zdrav

zdrav Member

Beverley is a PG who has no playmaking skills. His style is heavily dependent on athleticism, which will quickly fade with time. He's a role player at best.

Lin is a lock-in starter on a bad-to-mediocre team, and his ceiling is still undetermined. Inherently mediocre players don't break records like he did during Linsanity.

12. iku

iku Member

I totally agree with your statement. I am so sick of Mchale creating unnecessary drama in the point guard position.

Also, I fear what you fear as well. If Beverley somehow becomes a liability on the offense end, Mchale will probably still refuse to put Lin back to the starting line up, just because.. well he's mchale. Lol

I don't like Mchale as the head coach btw. I think he lacks true basketball IQ although he was an excellent post player.

13. zdrav

zdrav Member

Asik, as a good center, is a MUCH more valuable commodity than Lin, and therefore he has more bargaining power.

14. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Exactly. :)

15. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Which is why he'll be traded, which is what he's been demanding all along anyway. The point is, he's getting what he wants: he's starting and he's going to be traded to a team where he can start.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Do you even watch basketball

#clueless

17. zdrav

zdrav Member

He's getting what he wants because he has more bargaining power due to his position and talent relative to his peers.

18. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Hell be starting again soon...

But whos really goingnto be 6tjhman now.. Thought that was casspi.. Lol.

Btw casspi makin garcia work for minutes now.

19. zdrav

zdrav Member

Beverley himself has admitted that he is not the playmaker that Lin is. Hard to be a good PG if you have sub-par playmaking skills. You can, however, be the ideal PG for the Rockets system, which is what Beverley is right now.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He is getting what he wants because he is important enough to, not only as our most valuable trade asset, but as our 2nd best defender and rebounder and a top 10 center in the league. Lin is a decent pg at best where the fallout going to bev is minimal at best. He has 0 negotiating power and b****ing like his garbage fans will only hurt him. Bottom line is teams WANT Asik, b****ing or not. I don't think a single team wants Lin right now outside whatever money and publicity overseas that he brings in.