1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

It didn't drop because of the fire. That's old news and it already took a hit and recovered from that when the news came out. I think it dropped because Musk came out and said he was worried about the price of the stock. His comment was ignored once before and the stock price kept going up but I guess this time around it wasn't.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You are a great investor and trader.

Is this you?

[​IMG]

#6182 robbie380, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  3. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

As I said I've had tesla since long long ago, but yes I bought more last week in the 160s. This is just selling before earnings nothing to see here, Tesla will blowout earnings just like netflix,google, and amazon and will probably see $200 before year end. I promise you're wrong once again and tesla will not see $140.

Then again your track record of going against me is now 0-3 so you're due for a win sometime, but tesla at $140 would be a steal but its not getting there

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You are amazing. A generational talent.

5. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

don't be so sarcastic robbie, one of these days you will be right or then again maybe not, when a guy with a rice mba makes a prediction id listen up kiddo. Im 3 for 3 now, im giving out pearls here bro. If you have any other questions Im here to answer.

Also I bought GTAT just now at $7.92. Long term its going to $10+

any comments on that one

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It's crazy ever since you started posting all of my trades stopped working. I haven't made a dollar this month.

And I don't know anything about GTAT. Ridiculously strong and now losing momentum. The buy point looks decent for a short term trade. It would have been better yesterday when all the lower dollar momentum/speculative stocks were puking. What's your stop?

7. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I don't do stops, when something is undervalued in my opinion if it drops more I buy more. I'm not gonna set a stop and lose out bc of the irrational traders causing fluctuations. GTAT is a $10 stock in the short term, and probably $15-20 long term, they have some big things coming with apple.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ok have fun with that. Just make up your mind about when GTAT is going to 10+. 30 min ago you said 10+ was longer term now you are saying it's short term.

9. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

jesus can you guys stop arguing arent we all just trying to make money and help each other out, not everyone can be right 100% of the time. no need to criticize another person personally it doesn't add anything to the discussion

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm not arguing. He mentioned GTAT so I gave my opinion. I'm glad he mentioned it.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Anyhow, kind of interesting trend lately with defensive stocks like K, CL, CLX, PG, and such. I don't know the driver behind the move, but I heard some commentary mentioning deflationary/minimal growth fears.

12. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I'm 3-3 over the last few months so i don't know about that....speak for yourself broskie

13. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Today BIDU will post ER after market close. If any of you are interested in Chinese internet stocks, how BIDU performs will probably determine how the other companies will be doing over the next couple of weeks. Many companies have suffered collateral damage from NQ, if BIDU posts strong earnings, it might be a good time to pick up some.

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I just dropped my live savings into an e-trade account, what now?

15. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

listen to eddiewinslow, he's 3-3 you know.

16. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

buy FENG,HIMX,GTAT.

Retire in 5 years

thank me later

17. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

also looks like google glass isn't going to be dorky looking and will work with all regular glasses and sunglass per new article on CNN this is huge, definitely buy more HIMX bc i thought google glass was gonna be a hot seller being dorky looking now that it could go on any eyewear, its going to be a home run

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/29/tech/mobile/new-google-glass/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

18. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

ok that legitimately makes it better

19. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

So BIDU surged more than 5% after ER. Tomorrow will most likely be a great day for SINA, QIHU etc.

20. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

BIDU, SINA, AND QIHU seem overbought to me. Do you think SOHU has bottomed out and will start going up again ?